While It Lasts

Spellbound

A/N: Glad with the increasing number of increasingly positive feedback I get. Anyway I've finished and uploaded the whole story but no worries, you're just a little over half-through with the story. More fun to come. Hurhur.

 

The more you explain it,                                                                                                                                                                

The more I don't understand it.

- Mark Twain

 

He woke up terribly disoriented that morning. A few rays of gentle sunlight penetrated through his curtained bedroom windows and soon he recognized his surrounding as his own bedroom.

Trying to move around, he found his right arm awkwardly heavy and strained as if someone was using it as a pillow. Or rather because someone was using it as a pillow. Oh. That was right. He and Sungjong. Last night. Everything.

The chocolate-colored hair on his arm ruffled slighty. Then he was greeted by a pair of sleepy, equally chocolate-colored eyes. “...Myungsoo.”

It was too much even for Myungsoo who was calm by nature. He decided to stop before everything could take a turn for the worse. “Sungjong. I believe you should leave soon.”

Sungjong appeared confused. Then he pouted annoyedly. “Not going to.”

That was strange. Myungsoo’s words were imbued with strong spell of command. It should have easily gained him absolute obedience from people. Even Sunggyu was not totally resistant to him. He took a deep breath, gazing sternly into the hunter’s eyes. Magic was more easily transmitted through eye contacts than words. Or so he thought.

“Go now. I’m telling you to leave right away.”

“Why?” the smaller man demanded back instead, sitting up but clinging stubbornly to Myungsoo.

Blinking, Myungsoo stared at him in disbelief for a while. What was happening actually? Had Sungyeol finally been able to created  a potion with such a long-lasting magical effect? Was it another bogus side-effect produced by the prankster’s invention?

“Let me guess,” Sungjong snapped. “You did all those to me and regret it now?”

“Yes. I mean, no. Wait,” the confused sorcerer scrambled. “You were hired by the church. You shouldn’t—”

“Oh cut it out. Don’t preach me,” the thin hunter laughed it off. “You did like it, didn’t you, Kim Myungsoo?”

Hiding his flushed face, Myungsoo just could not deny it and merely looked away. The younger lad gently snuggled to him, closing back his eyes and smiling widely in triumph.

 

Three days later, Kim Sunggyu paid him another visit. It was probably the first time Myungsoo saw the clan leader’s visit as a blessing. The older magician was not exactly the wisest. And definitely not the best advisor. But it wasn’t like the typically quiet lad had any choice. Myungsoo immediately told him the whole story, not forgetting to omit the fact that it ended up in his bedroom, of course.

“You mean your spell-infused orders didn’t work?” he asked. Myungsoo nodded almost in resignation. “You aren’t actually suggesting it was Sungyeol’s potion, are you? He may be the best potion maker in the clan but then an emotion-influencing potion would only last for a few hours at most.”

“Then explain to me just how he did it so effortlessly.”

Sunggyu walked around in uncertainy. “Anyway, if it was what you wanted, why don’t you just enjoy it while he is under the effect?”

Myungsoo instantly rolled his eyes.

“What? If it wasn’t what you wanted, then why drugging his tea in the first place? Not to mention how unreliable the potion you used. It was simply unlike you to do it.” The head of the clan commented dryly. Sunggyu was right though. It was totally unlike him to act without careful consideration.

“You’re not being helpful, hyung.”

“...You want me to call Woohyun? He might be able to see something through his crystal ball.”

“Please don’t,” Myungsoo merely did not want anyone to find out about what happened last night. And if the soothsayer was to use his all-knowing crystal ball to investigate things in details, then he would be doomed. “And I don’t want to see Lee Sungyeol regarding this either.”

“I understand,” Sunggyu snickered, well aware of what had actually happened last night that was never mentioned by his dongsaeng. “Just don’t stress yourself out, will you? Stress makes a face wrinkled and ugly. And you are our face,”

Sunggyu went for the door while Myungsoo continued to stare at the wooden floor blankly.

“Don’t worry, I have a feeling it’ll turn out well,”

The door opened with a creak and the so-called hamster-faced leader stepped out.

“Hyung. I think he saw you flying last time,” L warned.

“Oh right,” Sunggyu said. “Dongwoo informed me about that. Looks like Mr. Hunter is quite a sharp one, doesn’t it? By the way, I almost forget to tell you something.”

Myungsoo looked up. He was not in the mood to hear stories but Sunggyu sure sounded very strangely grave that he actually made an effort to listen.

“The anti-witchcraft advocates have discovered a new way to effectively battle warlocks and witches,” He paused, took a deep breath and leaned slightly to the door. Solemnly, Sunggyu continued narrating. At first, Myungsoo was not sure he followed what the tattooed man was explaining so comprehensively.

 

A/N: Special thanks go to alittlememory, WMLincoln, inspiritkevin, tremmy_chi, and StumblingClumsy for everything nice they've said so far. The socially awkward penguin in me just don't know how to reply when you're all so supportive .____. But I do read and highly appreciate all the comments. /hugs tightly