Dreaming Of A Puppy

Spellbound

A/N: Oops. Lol no i never forget you all. I was just having busy days. Busy holiday. Sigh. Life is hard. And yes it's the end. Mean Adam is mean rofl.

On a separate note, thanks to Makila for the permission to use her enchanting edit. Lol what a coincidence it was to find a snowy-looking pic of ljong as wizards, given that ljong is not the most out-there otp, let alone having them portrayed as magicians XD Woo it's the magic of infinite love! omg lol it's a irrefutable sign that myungjong is showering us with their approval!

 

Logic will take you from A to B,

Imagination will take you anywhere.

-Albert Einsten

 

The next thing he remembered was waking up in the comfort of his bedroom. It took him a while to recall what had actually happened.

“Morning,” Sungjong whispered. Myungsoo looked up to his side, half-surprised to see his beloved hunter sitting there, legs and arms crossed as if he had been waiting there forever just to see the him awake. “Nice to know that our sleeping beauty has finally woken up from his hibernation of one hundred years.”

“Oh,” L could not contain his amusement and chuckled heartily. He extended his arm to the younger boy, still laying sleepily on the bed but reaching out carefully for him. Sungjong flinched slightly at the sudden gesture but made no objection as the older magician’s hand playfully rubbed his cheeks. “My sincerest apology, your highness. It was not my intention to make you wait,”

“Idiot,”

“You wouldn’t stop waiting until I wake up,” Myungsoo just could not help but kept teasing. To be honest, however, he was also asking for reassurance. “right, Lee Sungjong?”

Sungjong nodded weakly. “Until you wake up. Or until I die of old age, whichever comes first,”

This time L burst out laughing. “How long did I actually sleep anyway?”

“One week and six days,” replied the smaller boy. Seeing the other lad almost jumped in surprise, he beamed victoriously. “Just joking. You only slept for two days. Which seemed like two hundred years anyway.”

“By the way, weren’t you wearing a collar that time?”

“Your friend broke it for me,” the brown-haired youth answered plainly. “He said it has some magic-sealing stone. Adamantor or Adamantic, I think,”

“Adamantite,” Myungsoo corrected. “I’m impressed though. It’s a weak stone but for someone who just discovered his ability, it must have taken a lot of will power to transfigure with that thing on your neck.”

Sungjong was suddenly silent. L did not know whether it was his joke about his strong will or the idea that he was a wizard that silence the younger boy. “...Hey, Kim Myungsoo. So I’m a warlock too, aren’t I?”

The older magician could not do anything but nod.

“Then all those witches and wizards I’ve killed... They were actually my own— ”

“There’s no use crying over spilled milk,” L cut, unable to keep himself quiet when his beloved little puppy suddenly turned angsty. “You didn’t know it. And even if you did, it’s not like you would have any choice at that time.

By the way, I'm still curious as to how you traced me,” the elder one continued, trying to shift to a different topic. “And when you ran away that evening, did you not call other hunters?”

“Exactly what I tried. Failed miserably. Couldn't say a word. And regarding how I tracked you down,” Sungjong talked rather rapidly and then made a brief pause as if it embarrassed him to admit it. “Well, I guess it was just a hunter's instinct,”

As a matter of fact, it was not just his instinct. He knew it. They both knew it. Sungjong never pursued fleeing wizards and witches -- the fact that they were gone from the place he was assigned to had always been enough for him. And yet he ran after Myungsoo.

“Yah, hyung,” the mischievous, familiar voice exclaimed, forcing the two to break away from their affectionate touching and chitchat. Inwardly, Myungsoo crowned Sungyeol another title—the clan’s official er. “He’s awake!”

The choding called only the leader hyung. But somehow another three clansmen followed him and Sungyeol as they marched in casually, making the room as lively as a kindergarten and terribly successful in invading the pair’s privacy.

“Yo, L, so glad you were safe,”

“Kim Myungsoo, no matter how much of a capable wizard you are, you just did another reckless act. Please be more mindful of your limit next time,”

“It’s okay, hyung. It’s not like he died or anything,”

“He almost did! What if we weren’t able to find Hoya?”

“Ah, in any case, it looks like my cards were telling the truth, after all,”

“...Err, maybe it would be better if we didn’t know any of those truth, Namstar,”

“Forgive me but maybe we should turn our volume down a bit. These two just went through a lot,”

“I doubt it, to be honest. They look as happy to be together as ever. I don’t think they mind about us being here at all,”

“Wrong,” L snapped. “The last part, that is,”

The room fell momentarily silent. Everyone turned to the two of them in, half-surprised and half-delighted. In a room where a flock of extraordinarily clever warlocks gather, Myungsoo’s indirect declaration of happiness was too obvious.

“Well, either way,” Woohyun broke the awkward silence. “Looks like we just got our clan a new member,”

“Welcome aboard, puppy,”

“Yah,” Sungjong protested halfheartedly, turning from L to the noisy crowd. “But I never expressed any intention to join you guys,”

“Are you seriously rejecting the offer to join Myungsoo’s clan?” Sungyeol asked, somewhat irritated.

“Well, I have no choice, do I?” Sungjong answered hesitantly. “It’s not like I could return to being a hunter after you all dragged me into this whole mess,”

L pulled Sungjong closer, lovingly circled his arms around the new clan member. He stared gladly to the other magician’s eyes. He was closing the gap between them, trying to steal a chaste kiss.

What he forgot was who else were still in the room.

“Maybe we should leave,”

“I would very much enjoy staying here a ‘lil longer,”

Face flushed, Myungsoo quickly cast a short-distance teleporting spell like what Lee Howon had taught him when he was younger. Thankfully, none of the five warlocks tried to resist the spell, and just made an understanding laugh as they vanished. That should get them far enough.

L realized the sudden absence of bony shoulder where his arms previously rested. He found a furry, chocolate-colored puppy sitting on the chair where Sungjong had been. It looked like the newest addition of the Infinite Clan was still unable to completely control his newfound power after all.

He lifted Sungjong slowly, gently tickling the adorable terrier. Sungjong whimpered in protest, clearly telling the older guy to put him down. Once on the ground, the brown puppy turned back to normal and put on his usual irritated, pouting face. Myungsoo then went out of the room. Sungjong waited for him, only to find that Myungsoo was putting on another choker on him.

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo,” he barked uncomfortably.

“Just so people know that you belong to someone, especially if you are walking around in your dog form,” Myungsoo explained, giggling at the idea himself.

“Well, that says a lot about you,” Sungjong adjusted the new collar on his neck, noticing how silvery and shiny and sparkly it was. “For a fan, you sure have a terrible fashion sense,”

“For a puppy,” Myungsoo could not resist the urge to jump on the other lad. “You sure have a lot to complain,”

“...Then if I may not complain, can I just make a request?”

“Oh? What could it be?”

“A kiss,” Sungjong said shyly, almost turning his blushing face away. It sounded more of a demand than a request, though. “Now,”

L could see no reason to not obey. This, however, made him question the nature of the smaller lad’s persuasion ability. He kissed the smaller wizard while, at the same time, making a mental note to find out later whether Sungjong also possessed the talent to cast some sort of commanding spell.

Fin.

 

 

 

A/N: Due to the feedback I received, well yes I initially was going to make Myungsoo the hunter. It makes more sense that the hunter introduces himself merely as ‘L’ (ikr it sounds so mysterious and so appropriate for a hunter using an alias for a dangerous mission) and then later we discover that he is Kim Myungsoo, who could have been some great magician’s lost son –or even the leadergyu’s lost brother since they share the same last name (which could be really awesome since it explains the hunter’s surprisingly powerful magic). And the story could go on normally like it did in the posted version after that.

Plus it also makes more sense for the not so manly Sungjong to be a person who carefully tends to a flowery, personal garden. It sounds great right?

But then, the part where the hunter discovers his magical ability to transfigure (not really a HP fan but I love the sound of it lol) is difficult to handle that way. In the end the hunter has to be Sungjong as he –much to my dismay— is considered puppy-like. And, more importantly, Sungjong will help me shape a much easier and better ending the way he accidentally transfigures as compared to if Myungsoo (who definitely lacks the animal-like quality the maknae has), is to accidentally turn into a kitten or something.

I also get an impression that Sungjong is not as solitary and quiet as Myungsoo, which renders him sort of unsuitable for the role of the ‘loner wolf’ warlock I had imagined. So yeah, that was the finalised version of Spellbound. I hope it is the best one that my readers can expect cuz I was all like ‘omg that’s true, it really should be Myungsoo..’ and then ‘wait lol no I can’t do that to Sungjong!” throughout the whole writing procedure lmao.

Btw, do L and/or Sungjong actually use ‘hyung’ in addressing anyone other than Sunggyu in real life? I watched a number of shows featuring them but never really heard them using ‘hyung’ other than to Leadergyu .____. I think I've also heard Sungjong used the honorrific to address Woohyun (correct me if I'm wrong) during an aegyo competition or something. But other than that I really know nothing orz. Fail fan is fail.

Anyway, thanks a lot for reading this to the very end ^^ You all, especially those who commented, have been such wonderful and pleasant readers. I reread this fic a few times and corrected many typos and made a few changes. Nothing major though. Restructured some silly or misleading sentences and stuff. You may read the whole thing again for a smoother reading experience. <3