The Damned Potion and Its Equally Damned Maker

Spellbound

A good friend will always stab you in the front.

- Oscar Wilde

 

He knew it. He just knew Sunggyu would never be able to keep his mouth shut.

The head of Infinite clan did not made another visit that day. But some other people did. It was Lee Sungyeol and Jang Dongwoo this time.

“Yo,” Dongwoo greeted with a sheepish smile. “ It’s the books you ordered.”

The pair obviously had more free time than Sunggyu and they ended up barging in without Myungsoo offering them a tea. The usually quiet warlock was beginning to doubt whether Sunggyu was the worst visitor he could get.

“So,” Myungsoo’s heart stopped for a second as he could easily guess what was coming from the choding. “I heard there is this hunter that interests you. Since it’s hard to get a hunter so close and—”

“I would appreciate it if you refrain from performing any trick or experiment on any of us,” He just knew Sungyeol too well to let him finish his sentence. “Strictly no close observation on us either.”

“Aww,” came the sulking response. “Come on, L.”

“Last time you tried your bogus potion on Hoya’s fruits and he ended up spending the rest of the month laying on the floor, barely conscious.”

Sungyeol could not help but burst out laughing like a primary school student as Myungsoo recounted the event. “Hey, it wasn’t my fault that he kept eating the banana when something was obviously fishy about it!”

“And remember your missing abs hyung? The one that was gone when you woke up? You do know it was what he made you eat the night before right?”

Sungyeol turned away, stifling a laugh and avoiding the omg-srsly gaze from the blond. The clansmen had always had to deal with his constant daily pranks and experiments. Still, Dongwoo was probably the only one who could be so clueless about his tricks. You would think Dongwoo was the second youngest member, and Sungyeol the youngest, of the clan instead of the second oldest if you saw how slow he was in reacting to certain jokes and then uncontrollably choking on laughter a few seconds later. Dongwoo’s hysterical laughter was also extremely contagious, to the point where it could simply be one of his magical abilities.

“Anyway,” Sungyeol said, placing a mini translucent bottle shining bright pink on the wooden table. “I need your help on this love potion.”

“Love potion?”

“Yup,” replied the childish lad. “You grow most of the herbs I need in your garden after all.

“But I have the feeling that it might be incomplete. Can you help suggest something to manipulate its first-person-seen property? I would like to make a more useful and reliable potion.”

“My, my.  How,” Myungsoo paused briefly and thought for the best term he could come up with. “out-of-character of you. To make something useful and reliable, that is.”

More idle, if not totally pointless, conversations followed it. Time flew, much to the host’s surprise, and the two was soon getting out of his house.

“Don’t be careless,” Myungsoo warned. “That hunter recognized leader hyung’s bird form.”

“But of course,” Sungyeol dismissed. “We were not born yesterday.”

Your behaviour made it looked like you were though, L thought to himself.  In a way, he was deliberately trying to see whether the choding had learned mindreading which he claimed to have mastered months ago. Clearly, from the lack of response Myungsoo got, the elementary student would always be an elementary student.

“Good luck with that hunter. I bet she is such a hot babe that she could grabbed your attention.” said Sungyeol.

But Sungjong —no  matter how girly he could be— was a guy, protested Myungsoo silently, merely putting on his casual, semi-bored poker face and waving listlessly at the two.

Then Sungyeol winked before throwing one last joke. “Yah, my bad, it was a he, right?”

The horse cart and its two riders vanished almost literally, leaving a somewhat bewildered Myungsoo all alone in front of his small cottage.

What. Did Sungyeol really...read his mind? 

 

A/N: Well, I'm going to the airport very soon. If I find any free internet there (which, knowing the great Singapore Changi Airport lol, I'm pretty sure I will) I'll post another chapter today. Actually I've uploaded nine chapters, including the four first chapters, already so far but put them as hidden lol.

Anyway pray for journey mercy for me k. Otherwise I will never be able to update x__x which is omg lol touch wood.

Special thanks to those who are subscribing and super special thanks to those who were kind enough to comment! I appreciate feedback and all that. I may reply them when I've landed safely lol k bye for now.

Much Love, 

Adam