GIRLS' GENERATION 소녀시대

KOREA★4RANGHAE

snsd_2015.jpg

 

 

Girls' Generation had their 2015 summer comeback with the title track "Party". Let's chat, shall we.

 

 

 


video_object.png

 

 

SONG:

I'm going to say it. I didn't really enjoy the song that much. It wasn't bad but it wasn't really good either. I guess it was just supposed to be another catchy, "fun" summer song. It worked. They're lucky they're the most popular and isn't a rookie group because this comeback would've been a fail if they were. The song also sounded like a Barbie commercial. The lyrics weren't bad but I was half a second away from cringing to Tiffany's english. She wasn't speaking engrish but some of her intros in SNSD's songs are just cheesy. Who writes them anyway?

 

The distribution of lyrics between the members wasn't an issue this time since half of the song was just them going "We can't stop stop stop, yeogin party time". The song wasn't vocally challenging and I guess for the purposes of it being a fun song. I honestly would've liked like the song if they had a different composition behind it.

Rate: 5/10

 

 

MV:

 

The MV itself was average. Had an average theme and average plot. Spending vacation with the girls. The choreography was child-like and pretty basic. I wasn't impressed by it and I didn't even bother to try to learn it (which says something for me). But what really bothered me was how they were at the beach and yet they still made them really pale (even the tanner members like Yuri and Sooyoung) like they don't even know what a sun is. It didn't help that they were wearing white while dancing in white sand. They basically blended in with their surroundings. For an MV that wasn't in the box, they could've done better.

Rate: 5/10