Just Another Day

Crossing Boundaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Taeyeon’s POV]

“I’m serious Hyo. That friend of yours is a crazy psycho . I don’t think I can take this much longer. I mean have you seen my house? It’s insane. Every day I go back, it’s like war,” I paused, burping in the process. “And not just any war, but Alien Versus Predator kind of war.”

 

I shook my head, the thought of going home made me shudder already. Thank goodness I could hang out at Hyoyeon’s bar after work.

 

“Chill Tae. Breathe. And have another beer. Here,” Hyoyeon said, shoving another bottle of Heineken into my hands. “You know it’s probably just because you and Jessica don’t know each other well enough yet. She’s good at heart.”

 

“Well that goodness is either the size of a green bean or encased in barbed wire.” I snorted, chuckling at the mental image of Crazy Jung having a green bean for a heart.

 

“Come on, just give her some time okay? She’s alone in Korea and is probably having a hard time adjusting and all that. And trust me, once you get to know her she’s a real softie.”

 

“Are you sure we’re talking about the same person?” I frowned.

 

“And in case you forgot this is all your fault.”

 

 

--

 

 

I unlocked the door with a sigh. Hyoyeon had finally decided to kick me out of the bar saying she and Ian had to celebrate some disgusting first French kiss anniversary. Seriously who the hell does that? At least I managed to get some free booze.

 

Just as I was arranging my shoes on the rack, Prince came over and ‘sniffed’ my foot like the annoying ‘pet’ he is. I rolled my eyes at the sight. This meant that Crazy Jung was at home too. Suddenly, a brilliant idea flashed across my mind. Unable to contain my excitement, I lifted my foot like a soccer player, ready to give Price the kick of his life.

 

“Ahem”

 

Damn.

 

“What? A girl can't stretch her legs? Just so you know I had a long day today.” I said lamely, kicking my feet randomly in the air.

 

Crazy Jung gave me that laser-eye look as she walked towards her side of the dining table holding a bowl of god-knows-what. She continued to watch me closely as I sidestepped her Prince and plopped onto the sofa.

 

“I am now sitting on my sofa.” I announced loudly, to no one in particular. No one at all.

 

Then I grabbed a yoghurt bar from my bag and took a large bite out of it. “Aarh amm mow eakin MY yoghurd baar.” I exclaimed.

 

“I AM IN MY HOUSE!” I shouted once again, ing my hands up in the air in some kind of mock worship. I said it with so much gusto I almost stood up on the sofa.

 

Though for some reason my face felt really hot when I finally put my hands down.

 

Hmm.

 

On hindsight, that was a little over the top. Just a little. Whatever. Must have been the beer.

 

Out of the corner of my eye though, I saw Jung stabbing at her food with that fork of hers. “Tch. Micheoseo.” She hissed, clearly annoyed by my soliloquy.

 

I grinned at the sight.

 

So this is what it feels like to annoy her.

 

I guess I must do it more often then.

 

I nodded in approval of my new found resolution as I lay down on the couch, feeling sleepy all of a sudden.

 

 

 

 

[Jessica’s POV]

“Tch. Micheoseo.” I rolled my eyes at the noisy midget’s antics, resisting the urge to toss my fork at her.

 

What's wrong with her? Is she drunk or something? Urgh.

 

The next time I look up, the midget is already snoring and drooling on the couch like a pig. Stifling a laugh, I reached for my phone and crept towards the girl.

 

*snap*

 

She didn’t even twitch at the sound. Hehe. I snickered at the ugly face on my phone.

 

“If you ever piss me off,” I poked the midget’s on-screen nose, “I’ll print a thousand copies of this and paste them all over the lobby.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter