The Twenty Commandments of Co-living

Crossing Boundaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Taeyeon’s POV]

Ahh. What a long day. Sometimes I really think I should ask for a raise. Now don’t get me wrong, I mean, I love my job as a chef but sometimes after grilling thirty steaks straight you kind of just want to… well, not grill any more.

 

Or maybe I should just ask Hyoyeon to hire me. Girl has a bar of her own anyway. But then I’ll owe her, and she will use that against me for the rest of my life. Then again, she kind of owes me big time now so…

 

Urgh whatever. What a complicated thing life can be. All I want now is a lovely hot shower and a nice big plate of kimchi fried rice. I unlocked the door and stepped into the house, before turning back out immediately to check the unit number. Did I enter the wrong house?

 

The house looked different.

 

It looked a lot more… yellow?

 

I used my fingers to trace those ridiculous yellow lines on the floor. My blood pressure was starting to rise once again. This is insane. How dare this woman deface my Italian marble tiles with these vile and hideous masking tapes? Extending from one end of the living room to the other, and straight through the hallway diving it into two separate halves, even across my favourite dining table. That is everywhere!

 

What the hell is this a ing crime scene? I knew something was up. I just knew it. Every time I feel like eating kimchi fried rice nothing good ever happens.

 

When I entered the kitchen, I was greeted by one of the most welcoming sight in my twenty-eight years of existence. On the chalkboard designated for my spur-of-the-moment recipe inspirations, there was a piece of paper titled ‘The Twenty Commandments of Co-living’

 

‘The Twenty Commandments of Co-living’? Isn’t this just fun. Thank god I did not kill Hyoyeon that day.

 

Or else I would have to resurrect her and kill her again. And I'm not quite sure if I am capable of doing just that.

 

I skimmed through the offending list, the frown on my glorious forehead growing more formidable by the second.

 

Rule #4: No farting in the house.

 

Rule #5: No pets allowed except for Prince.

 

I snorted out loud. You really think the vacuum cleaner is your pet, moron?

 

Rule #7: No intentional or accidental physical contact between the two parties; adequate distance should be maintained.

 

Rule #10: No entering of each other’s demarcated zones without permission.

 

Wait a minute.

 

RULE #2: BOTH PARTIES MUST ADHERE TO THEIR RESPECTIVE BATHROOM TIMETABLES?!

 

I turned my head towards the color-coded timetable attached beside the list. And what the hell, the time slots that assigned me are during my work hours?

 

“Are you kidding me woman? You want me to come home from work when I want to answer nature’s call?!” I scoffed, incredulous.

 

 

Accepted and agreed:                                                                                                                         Accepted and agreed:

Signed by:                                                                                                                                           Signed by:

________JJ.________                                                                                                                                           ___________ _______

Jessica Jung                                                                                                                                       Taeyeon Kim

Tenant/ Co-owner                                                                                                                               Co-owner

 

 

So her name is Jessica Jung. JJ. Pfft, even signed it. You really think I’ll sign this ?

 

I will never.

 

I repeat, never.

 

Just then, Crazy Jung walked out of her room, caressing Prince in her arms like how a normal (sane) human being would do only to a (live) dog. “Ooooo Princey little Prince. No one will dare to bully you again,” she cooed in that (disgusting) aegyo-filled voice of hers.

 

I rolled my eyes so elaborately I almost stumbled into the fridge. How mental is this girl?

 

However, this was not a court so ‘not guilty by reason of insanity’ does not apply. I toughened up and stood straight, ready to grill that on her supposed Commandments.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter