Meet & Greet

Crossing Boundaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Taeyeon’s POV]

“I told you Hyo, I’m not going,” I said for the third time that night, as I fumbled with the electronic lock on the door. Geez I’m such a cavewoman.

 

“What, why? You can’t be serious, everyone’s waiting for you!”

 

“Well first of all, I'm tired as hell. And second, I'm still mad at you, you know. Or have you already forgotten how you left me all alone in this apartment that we were supposed to share?” I snarled with as much murderous intent as I could summon through the phone. My tone was quite menacing, but unfortunately Hyoyeon knew me well enough to know that I wasn’t capable of murder.

 

Damn that woman.

 

“Aww come on Taeyeon. I already told you I'm really reeaaalllyy sorry. Besides shouldn’t you be happy to hear that Ian actually asked me, your favourite cousin slash BFF, to move in with him? Like, my Adonis boyfriend Ian. Ohmygosh can you believe it he’s sooo sweet!”

 

I rolled my eyes. Is this for real? Here I am getting all pissy like an angry wife and there she is gushing about her boyfriend like a total cougar. Okay. Not really but you get the point.

 

“You know I was happy, before I remembered how much the apartment cost! Money that I will have to pay alone! Me! Just because someone ditched me for her—”

 

“Oh erm haha. About that, Taeyeon. Hah. Actually I-uh might have found a solution for you!” Hyoyeon said in that I-have-something-ty-planned-but-I-am-going-to-pretend-it-is-not voice of hers.

 

“What solution?” I said, trying to ignore the strange feeling in my gut.

 

“You’llfindoutsoonokaybye!”

 

This woman. I sighed as I entered the house. I'm going to kill her someday. After making sure that my shoes are perfectly aligned on the shoe rack, I headed straight for the bathroom. Girl be hot and girl needs a good ol’ shower stat. Ain’t nothing gonna stop me right now. As I walked to the bathroom, I took off my clothes and tossed them into the laundry basket. One of the perks of living alone is that one does not need to care about decency or ness.

 

Okay. Technically I wasn’t since I was still wearing my undergarments but it’s not because I'm a prude or anything. There is a perfectly logical reason for that—like, what if North Korea decides to spy on innocent South Korean citizens and even Will Smith can’t stop them? I mean, you can’t ever know for sure, right? See, totally logical.

 

As I stepped into the bathroom, I noticed that the shower curtains were drawn. Strange, I always leave them open after I finish. Whatever. I must have forgotten since I was in a hurry this morning. I pulled open the curtains and holy-mother-of-god there was a ing thing in the bathtub!

 

A lifeform (with s), lying in my bathtub!

 

The thing’s head turned towards me and our eyes met like protagonists in a movie. Except there were no sizzling sparks or floating rose petals in the air.

 

It was more like a horror movie.

 

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHH!!” I screamed with the horror of a thousand Chucky dolls and scrambled to cover myself with the towel I was holding.

 

“AAAHHHHHHH BYUNTAAAEEE!!!” An equally loud, but ten octaves higher shriek threatened to burst my eardrum as the very, very woman in front of me grabbed the out of the shower curtain to try and cover herself.

 

Before I could back out of the bathroom into non-hostile territory, a purple, cylindrical object which looks suspiciously like my shampoo hit me in the head.

 

And then everything went dark.

 

 

--

 

 

Urgh. Light. Too much light.

 

“Jesus Hyo I've been trying to get you. I knocked her out!”

 

Urgh my head. What is that noise…?

 

“Your cousin, Kim Hyoyeon! Who else?”

 

Hyoyeon? Is Hyoyeon here?

 

“I don’t know okay?! I was showering and she just barged into the bathroom! If anything it’s her fault for being such a ert! And you, did not mention I am going to be living with one.”

 

Bathroom? Showering?

 

Oh.

 

Oh.

 

“Argh,” I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter