Wounded Gathering

Four Seasons

[Fall]
[Seunghyun POV]

“Wah! It’s good to be back home!” Seungri and Jiyong shout as we see familiar looking places around us. It’s been a successful summer for Big Bang. Japan really welcomed us and they loved our songs. It’s 1 in the morning as my manager drives us to the YG building. 

My manager chuckles, as he turns right. Abruptly, he stops, making the car screech. All five of us fall forward. I catch Daesung from falling off the chair. 

“Hyung! What are you doing?” I say, my voice rough. He’s usually a very good driver, so why the sudden impact?

He ignores me and jumps out of the car. Is he going insane? Through the window, I see him running towards a closed convenience store. I jump out of the car, watching hyung in astonishment. In front of the store, I see someone sitting on the floor. Hyung runs up to the person, making the person stand up. All of us in the car remain silent. After a few moments, hyung wraps his arm around the person while the latter slings their arm around his shoulders. 

Then I noticed that the person was limping. I went forward to help. Hyung stops me. “I can do it. Go back in the car.”

Taking one last glance at the person in the dark clothing, I climb inside the car. 

“What’s going on, hyung?” YoungBae asks, peering through the window. 

“Manager hyung-nim found someone injured on the road. He’s helping now.” I reply as the door to the passenger seat opens. Hyung helps the person onto the seat. Soon after, he closes the door and goes to his side. Once strapped in, he starts driving. We stay quiet in the back, all five of us staring at the figure in the passenger seat.

“Don’t take me to the hospital, please.” A soft voice mumbles.

I widen my eyes. That voice… Why does it sound so familiar? 

“But you’re seriously hurt. You need to see a doctor.” Hyung replies.

I see the person shake their head slowly. “I can’t. I don’t want to. I can take care of myself.”

A girl… It’s a girl. I try to peer over and get a better look, but I can’t see her face because her hood is up. She rests her head on the window and she sighs softly. 

“Alright. But I’ll take you some place to clean up.” Hyung replies, hesitant.

The girl simply nods. Silence grows in the car; none of us in the back dares to speak first. After a long and tense silence in the car, we arrive at our dorm. Hyung parks and turns off the engine. He glances over at the girl next to him. Then he turns around to look at us in the back. 

“Would you boys mind if she uses your bathroom?” Hyung asks.

“Not at all.” Jiyong speaks up, being the leader he is.

Hyung smiles at us before he looks over the girl. “Are you okay with it?”

“Anything is fine.” She softly replies.

I feel like slapping myself. Her voice just tugs on my mind, but I don’t know why. As all five of us climb out, hyung runs over to the passenger side and helps the girl out. Once again, silence unfolds as we make our way up to our dorm. Curiosity is killing me. I keep finding myself trying to look at her face. But the only thing I see is her long black hair. 

Once we get to our dorm, Jiyong lets her in and leads her to the bathroom. The rest of us go in. But manager hyung stays outside. I stop in my tracks.

“Hyung,” I call out to him. “Aren’t you coming in?”

He shakes his head. “The wife is already calling me. It’s late already. I’ll see you boys tomorrow!” He says as he takes a few steps away, waving.

“Wait!” I yell. “What about that girl?”

He stops. “Can’t you guys let her stay there until tomorrow?” 

I hesitate. We don’t even know this girl. She could be a killer for all we know. I guess we’re just going to have to be on our toes tonight. I sigh as I close the door. I go into the kitchen and get a glass of water. I look at the clock. It’s already 2:34 a.m. Seungri comes in and greets me.

“Yah, shouldn’t you be sleeping?” I ask him.

He snorts. “You sound like my mother.”

“Seungri-ah, it’s already 2 in the morning. Get some rest. I know you’re tired.”

“I’m not tired.”

“Yes, you are. Stop lying. Your dark circles are already bad enough.” 

“Our fans like my dark circles.” 

“Not until they see your droopy eyes with it.” I remark.

His eyes widen as he rubs his eyes. “Aish, hyung. I’ll go to sleep soon. Don’t worry.” Seungri whines as he makes his way out of the kitchen and to the living room. I hear the TV turn on. I roll my eyes.

I lean back on the counter as I finish off the rest of my water.

“How is she, Jiyong hyung?” I hear Seungri ask.

“I don’t know. I left before she could say anything.” Jiyong replies.

“You left before she could say anything or before you could say anything?”

“Aish, just drop it.” Jiyong growls. “Besides, what are you doing?”

“What does it look like? I’m watching TV.”

“Go to sleep, Lee Seunghyun.” Jiyong orders. After a few moments, I go out in the living room. Jiyong and Seungri are already gone. I see Daesung come out of YoungBae’s room and go straight to his room. “Night, hyung!” I hear Daesung shout.

I turn off all the lights in the living room and kitchen before I start making my way to my room. I stop in my tracks as I see the bathroom light on. I almost forgot about that girl, even the others forgot I bet. I hesitate a bit before I knock on the door three times. 

“Hey, are you alright in there?” I say quietly. 

No answer.

I knock once more. “Hey, hello?”

Nothing.

“I’m coming in.” I announce. I open the door slowly and slip my head through the crack. I open the door wider as I see the girl sitting on the floor, curled up in a ball. I kneel down beside her. “Yah!” I softly yell. “Are you okay?” 

I shake her for a bit. The girl leans her head back against the wall, exposing her face. I stare in shock as I look at her features. Chills go up and down my spine.

“EunMi?” I whisper.