Killing Two In One

Four Seasons

[Winter]
[Seunghyun POV]

He circled us, like he was the predator and we were his prey.

I watch him with hard eyes as he looks at us up and down. An evil smile plays on his lips. 

“And how long have you two known each other?” He murmurs.

“None of your damn business.” EunMi sneers behind me.

DongSun raises an eyebrow. “Of course it is. I am the one who raised you, didn’t I?” 

I feel EunMi’s grip on my arm get tighter. “You never raised me. I raised myself. What did you do for me?”

“I took you in.” 

That was all it took. Just one statement from DongSun and EunMi snaps. She lets out a scream of total anger as she lunges for DongSun. I catch her by the waist before she takes another step towards DongSun. I pull her back to me. I press my lips against her ear. “Please calm down.” I whisper.

EunMi stops struggling, but continues to glare at DongSun. But the latter just stares at me, a smirk on his nasty face. 

“What’s wrong, Choi Seunghyun? Too afraid to speak?” He taunts.

“In your dreams.” I snap.

He chuckles and he circles us again. He stands by his bodyguard. He looks at EunMi up and down. My eye twitches from rage. I swiftly move EunMi back behind me. DongSun snaps his eyes to me; he smirks. “A little protective now, are we?”

I don’t say anything. 

“What do you see in her anyway?” He asks. His fingers idly play with his scarf. “I mean, she’s rude, she’s dirty, she’s disrespectful… Not to mention really unattractive.” DongSun adds. He squints his eyes and smiles at us.

A growl rises in my throat. I feel my hands clench. EunMi grabs onto my arm, restraining me from doing something. 

“It’s unbelievable, how you didn’t realize that girl is everything I just described.” DongSun continues. “Did you know that she’s a complete , too?”

“That’s a lie!” EunMi screeches. 

“Just to get what she wants, she goes off and seduces one of my other employers.” DongSun continues as if EunMi never spoke. He chuckles one more. “Like I said, she’s dirty. Just think about it, Seunghyun, do you really get involved with something like that? You are a celebrity after all. Wouldn’t want that reputation to get ruined, right?”

“I don’t care about that.” I snap.

“Really now?” DongSun asks, pretending to be surprised. “So, you choose to be with this…mutt?” 

“Mutt?” EunMi asks furiously. We both ignore her as we continue to glare.

“Hmm… You do want to be with her. Be careful. You’ll be considered dirty as well, Seunghyun. Can you not see through her fake act?” DongSun asks. I stare at him, feeling a little confused. “Have you actually listened to her? She’s lying to you, you know.”

I feel EunMi freeze behind me. I look at her at the corner of my eyes. “Don’t listen to him… He’s lying.” She mumbles.

“Really? I’m the liar? EunMi, darling, I’m proud. Turning the tables on me when you planned everything. She’s using you, Seunghyun. Couldn’t you tell she was holding back when you kissed her?”

“Shut the hell up!” EunMi shouts. She looks back at me. “Don’t believe him. I would never use you.”

DongSun chuckles again. “Really? Because this bodyguard of mine tells me that he’s one of the ‘toys’ EunMi played with, if you know what I’m talking about.”

I glance at the bodyguard. He looks at DongSun with a steely expression. What is that supposed to mean? I’m getting more and more confused.

“Seunghyun,” EunMi calls. “Listen to me. He’s lying. I wouldn’t bring myself that low.”

“You obviously don’t know yourself.” DongSun laughs. “I’ve watched you grow, EunMi. I saw how you played with hearts; even your friend, Hyun Su’s.” 

“I…” EunMi stops. She shakes her head furiously. “N-no. Hyun Su never liked me that w-way.” 

DongSun rolls his eyes. “What a stupid girl you are. Maybe I did Hyun Su a favor. Maybe killing him was the right thing to do. I remember him telling me about you, the way his eyes would sparkle.”

“Now I know you’re lying. Hyun Su would never go to you and just talk like some normal conversation.” EunMi narrows her eyes.

He smiles. “Really? I think Hyun Su had the right since he was my son and all…”

I freeze the same time EunMi does. No way… This bastard better not be playing tricks.

“No!” EunMi shouts, her voice making me flinch. “You’re lying! Hyun Su can’t be your son!” 

“Oh, but it’s true. So, I guess that means—“

“You killed your own son.” I finish his sentence. DongSun smiles bitterly at me. Silence unfolds. The strong winds continue to move, it was strong enough to make buildings fly from the ground. 

“You’re…” EunMi starts. “You son of a !”

“Yes, yes. I know that. It’s in my blood.” DongSun dismisses it. He reaches behind his jacket and pulls out a solid black gun. “I’d really like to stay and reveal more, but I’m getting bored and I have to meet with someone soon. I’ll just make this quick.” I hear the gun click. 

DongSun smiles at us. “Though, I’m wondering who should I take down first. The mutt or the superstar.”

“Kill two birds with one stone.” The bodyguard finally speaks.

DongSun laughs, the sound chilling my bones. “I like that idea. If one dies, the other does, too!” He points the gun towards me. “I would love to see her suffer.” 

“NO!” EunMi screams the same time he pulls the trigger. A loud, head pounding bang echoes throughout the whole street. I then feel the snow beneath me. 

My heart pricks, as my eyesight slowly turns black.

And I lose conscious of everything.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Well, look at that. There's only one more chapter left... :)

So, I was wondering, should I update the last chapter tomorrow or should I just wait a few days like I did with this chapter?