hold out your hand (color me like that red sunset)

if heart ache was a physical pain (i could face it)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

When Lovelyz releases a set of group teaser photos, there is no calm before the storm. The derogatory comments clearly meant for Jisoo rush in and does a stellar job of making themselves prominent. There are some people that simply express that they can’t stand their cutesy concepts, and those being actually supportive of anything are the minority. Public doubt and denouncement towards her debut, however, is the only thing Jisoo sees on Pann forums and it’s like a horror storybook that she can’t put down.

 

“Stop going through the anti-forums, for God’s sake!” Jiyeon rushes over and reprimands, snatching the phone and killing the app.

When Jiyeon leaves the practice room, Jisoo flings herself across the floor and tries to suppress an angsty bawl. What if I screw up? Or have I already screwed up, by doing absolutely nothing?

From the other end of the room, there’s a sudden cry of “and hiS NAME IS JOHN CENA! DOODOODOODOO-”. Jisoo remains on the floor, her eyes still clumped closed with teardrops and her mind muddled with stress and self-pity. I don’t care if you’re John Cena, I’m just John Sinner- she thinks helplessly, until Jisoo realizes belatedly that oh, it’s my own phone ringtone.

 She scrambles to the phone desperately. “Hello?”

“Are you okay? Why are you hyperventilating, it’s me, it’s Joshua!”

“No I just- I’m so stressed and I,” Jisoo wails, “I just feel like I’ll die of premature death before the comeback? I don’t know-”

“Are you free now?”

“Why?”

“I’m just asking,” Joshua persists, “It’s 8pm.”

“Surprisingly, I’m free. Until midnight, then we have a group meeting with the manager.”

“Great. Grab your stealth gear, and meet me at where we went to see Day6 perform.”

“WHY?”

Joshua doesn’t bother to explain. “See you in 20 minutes!”
 

 

 

When Jisoo arrives, she can’t see Joshua. She can, however, spot a small crowd around a nearby bench.

There’s a very familiar voice singing Breakeven by The Script.

“What,” Jisoo says from the back of the crowd, “Are you doing.”

Joshua’s wearing sunglasses and a snapback, and he stops crooning the next line of the second verse. Soundlessly, excitedly, he pats the empty space next to him. The crowd parts before Jisoo like the Red Sea would, and awkwardly, she makes her way towards him.

The guitar case on the ground in front of them is littered with loose change and two-dollar bills – people would pay for this?

Joshua just resumes singing, and she has to admit that it’s good, but nothing she hasn’t seen before. People sway in time to the music, and Jisoo sits, glued to her seat as she helplessly feels gaze of strangers on the both of them. Yes, yes, it’s awkward, especially when Joshua’s bus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter