and i'd rather go crazy; i'd rather go insane

if heart ache was a physical pain (i could face it)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since Jisoo’s fainting extravaganza, her job as a night delivery girl had been put on hold.

Meanwhile, things are actually shaping up as the PD-nim gives Lovelyz the green light to promote with Jisoo. Which makes her insanely happy, and she goes into full out practicing mode.

Mijoo accidentally stumbles into the dance practice room to see a sweaty Jisoo practicing her part for Ah Choo on repeat.

“It’s one in the morning, Jisoo! Don’t overwork yourself. You just got the news, like, this morning!”

“But,” Jisoo says and twirls into a pirouette, “I feel like my life finally has a purpose!”

Mijoo finds herself having to physically drag an over-excited Jisoo back to the dorm. On the way back, the Mijoo tries to strike up a congratulatory conversation with her, but it doesn’t really work out well because the girl beside her has her eyes fixated to her phone, and her fingers typing furiously.

“Who are you texting?”

“A friend!

Mijoo smirks, but doesn’t say anything on the way back to the dorm.

 

 

The dorm is silent as Mijoo unlocks the door. It’s also pitch black, and highly suspicious.

“The members aren’t back yet?” Jisoo asks as she peers around in the darkness.

Suddenly, the obnoxious drop of the bass from some San Holo trap remix  resounds through the room, and instead of the usual plain ceiling lights, the members appear holding makeshift strobe lights and homemade party hats.

“HERE’S TO LOVELYZ8!” Sujeong hollers. Jiae runs into Jisoo from out of nowhere and strangles her with a hug.

Soojung is dragging her by the arm to a corner of the room, and there it stands, in all its glory, a six-pack of beer atop of the table.

“Is… are we going to drink?”

“With the exception of the maknaes though. Sujeong and Yein, please sit over there.”

Yein pouts and sulks her way to walk towards Sujeong. Jiyeon, with her infinite alcohol tolerance, is already downing half a can.

 

 

Later on in the night, Jisoo is intoxicated. She doesn’t want to believe she is – her vision is blurry and she’s already in a pile of limbs collapsed on the sofa, giggling as she clicks on the skype app on her phone. She wonders how she got this drunk from the supposed one can per person, but she doesn’t doubt that Mijoo and Jiae probably shoved her a can or two.

It doesn’t matter. Somehow, the phone says 2 am, (or is it 3?) and Joshua’s confused face with wet hair appears on the screen.

“It’s pretty late, what’s up?”

Jisoo can’t help but choke out in broken laughter. “heLLO GENTLEMAN!”

Joshua towels the back of his hair and peers at her slowly. Her hand is shaking and her face is probably out of focus.

“Are… are you drunk?”

“NO! What are you even talking about! I can see you!” Jisoo gasps in between guffaws, “I can smell you! You smell good! You look good! You should always have your hair down, whAT THE HELL.”

Across the room, Yein looks thoroughly weirded out. Sujeong has passed out on the other end of the couch.

Joshua looks uncertain and mouths his words slowly, and unsurely. “Yeah, I just showered? Where are you even?”

“IN PARADISE!”

Myungeun catches Jisoo looking like a village fool and immediately scoots towards her, demanding to see who she’s talking to. “WHO DAT WHO DAT?”

Jiyeon squeezes in between the two of them with an obnoxious grin gracing her delicate features. “THOUGHT YOU KNEW DAT, KNEW DAT!”

Soon, the whole of Lovelyz, sans Sujeong, have gathered in a prayer-circle-esque arrangement around Jisoo and her phone.

“Who are you with, are you safe? Did you take ?” Joshua questions from where he is on the screen.

“HEY JOSH, SAY HI TO MY SQUAD!” Jisoo cries as she waves the phone haphazardly and pans it across all the members.

As the eldest, Soojung’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter