having you stalk my every thought (then having you here inside my heart)

if heart ache was a physical pain (i could face it)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(feel free to not watch the videos lmao)

 

At exactly 8 pm, Joshua spots a hooded figure with a pastel pink cap, sipping peach tea and leaning against the walls of a bubble tea store.

“Wow, you look… swaggy.”

“Out of all the vocabulary in your Californian-educated language, this is the word you choose? Really, Joshua?” The hooded figure chuckles, throwing her head back. He knows she’s laughing, even if her smile is hidden behind the face mask.

He and Jisoo had planned to meet at a bubble tea shop near the live club at 8, and Jisoo had been impeccable with the timing, even if she got off from practice at only 7pm.

“Don’t you feel stuffy though? Under all those layers of stealth clothing?” Joshua asks after he buys his own caffeine-infused beverage.

Jisoo sighs helplessly. “You want me to strip? I’ve got no much of an option.”

“What if I do?”

She slaps him on the back. Hard.

 

 

They’ve decided to eat dinner later in the form of late night supper, and go early to the performance venue first.

Since Day6 hasn’t actually debuted, there’s no heavy security measures taken, and because it’s an outdoor club performance, no payment is required. Which is great, because Jisoo is a little broke and is pretty much the biggest closet fangirl of the group.

It’s a nice kind of freedom that Jisoo and Joshua experience as they walk to the venue, legs swinging forward in time with their own united rhythm and feeling everything around them – the stalls, the buskers along the road, and even the tourists – like they’re discovering something new.

“How did you know about Day6 though?” Jisoo asks.

Joshua’s mask is already off his face, and Jisoo wants to scold him for it, but she can’t bring herself to.  (“it’s itchyyy,” he had whined.)

“It’s sort of a long story. But basically, you know Jae from Day6 had a youtube channel back when he was in America?”

“Yeah?”

“So I was uh, a teenager in LA then, and I watched a lot of his videos. Then he went to KPOPSTAR, and during that time, I had also just found myself in Pledis Entertainment.”

Jisoo almost chokes on a pearl. “You followed him here?”

“No, no, it was just coincidence. But he posted on his IG that they’d be playing tonight,” Joshua grins. “And I figured it would be cool to see him for real.”

“God,” Jisoo buries her face in her hands. “You’re a fanboy, then?”

Joshua only drapes an arm around her shoulders and laughs.

 

 

For a band that hasn’t debuted yet, Day6 sure has a lot of fans.

They’re packed like sardines in the mosh pit of sorts, but the atmosphere is enough to get high on. Joshua’s pressed against Jisoo’s back as the next song comes on. It turns out to be a super pumped Locked Out Of Heaven cover followed by a rendition of Walk the Moon's Shut up and Dance, that has everyone jumping and has Jisoo cheering and howling like the next Mayan tribe leader.

“And you’re from a girl group? Are you serious?” Joshua shouts above the screaming audience.

"JUST...SHUT UP AND DANCE WITH ME!" she exclaims, deliberately saying it to the rhythm of the song's .

Jisoo turns back to grin, and oh, he actually sees the entirety of her smile as her mask is off and in her left hand, that’s waving it in the air. “Maybe this was the real reason why I wasn’t promoting with them,” she jokes.

A slow song comes on, and the intro is enough for Joshua to guess it. The guy on the piano belts the chorus of Stop and Stare by One Republic with unseen passion, and Jisoo nudges Joshua to look.

 

“That’s Junhyeok, that’s my bias! He plays the piano like Mozart if he were in a rock band.  Cute, right?” She whispers excitedly. 

He doesn’t know why he’s jealous. It’s petty, really.

Jae sings his part, and Joshua tells Jisoo that he’s his favourite member. She merely laughs. Fine, you win, Seo Jisoo.

When Day6 performs You, the people around them get super engrossed in the music. Jisoo keeps singing along; it feels great, and Day6 is great, holy .

Things get a little awkward when the couple next to them, get kind of touchy. They’re making out in the middle of the crowd, taking advantage of the fact that everyone else is drowning in musical bliss.

“Ew,” Jisoo wrinkles her nose and tugs on Joshua’s checkered shirt to guide themselves away from the duo.

Joshua makes a disgusted face in response, humouring Jisoo for a moment and turning away to fan his cheeks. He hates himself for having such embarrassing, cheesy, criminal thoughts; but tucked away in a little corner of his mind, something tells him that he wouldn’t mind kissing somebody in a concert like that. God, I’m so gross.

He doesn’t say anything, of course. Joshua just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter