III - Help

When I Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was five days since Bomi started living in Myungsoo’s apartment. It wasn’t as bad as she thought except for the fact that Myungsoo would not let her do any chores. Even if she insists, she won’t win against the guy. Myungsoo even bought her designer bags and clothes that even if she worked for all her life, she won’t be able to pay for it. He would also fetch her after every shift and sometimes send her to her other part time job.

She just finished her shift and received a text from Myungsoo that he won’t be able to fetch her. Luckily, she’s the type of girl who would easily remember directions and landmarks. She could easily find her way back to Myungsoo’s condominium. While she was on her way to the bus stop, she found a tteokbokki stall and bought some for her in case Myungsoo or the maid won’t be there to cook. Yes, it’s Myungsoo who cooks, not her. He won’t allow her.

“Is he home already? Maybe not,” She mumbled as she typed the passcode to Myungsoo’s unit. She removed her shoes and went to the kitchen not minding the unusual presence in the living room. Bomi carefully transferred the tteokbokki in a small bowl and headed straight to the living room to watch her favourite show.

“Whoa!” She saw Myungsoo lying on the couch.

“He seems too tired,” She went to her bed room and grabbed her blanket and carefully placed it on Myungsoo. She headed back to the kitchen and started eating.

Myungsoo woke up to the sound of the water dispenser and found himself covered in a white fluffy blanket he bought for Bomi. He stood up and found Bomi in the kitchen.

“Hello,” She greeted him with a smile as she ate her tteokbokki.

“Have you eaten dinner?” She asked him, he shook his head in response.

“Uhmm. I’ve got some tteokbokki here, but I’m not sure if you eat this because I just bought this from a street vendor,” She offered.

“What do you think of me? I eat tteokbokki you know, I’m not choosy with food,” Myungsoo whined as he sat beside Bomi.

“Okay, okay,” She chuckled as she stood up and handed Myungsoo a fork. The two of them started eating.

“How’s your day?” Myungsoo asked.

“It’s great. It is payday so I’m going to send the money tomorrow,” She smiled with genuine happiness painted on her face. Myungsoo understood why people really look forward to payday. He never once had a problem with money and here goes Bomi, who values the money she earns and sends it to her family, not even keeping something for herself.

“It’s still two days before I give your pay, is it okay?” He asked.

“Of course, it’s fine. Don’t worry, I am not rushing you. I haven’t even done my job, except for staying here. I think I’m a burden to you,” She smiled weakly. He glanced at her with a fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter