Chapter - 4

It's not you, It's me.

 

The next day, Chaerin told Jun Hyung that she had a lot of chores to do that she couldn’t meet for lunch. Jun Hyung pouted cutely and gave her a big bear hug and kissed her lips. Chaerin did a bunch of chores that day, making her body ache all over. She decided to call a close friend of hers, Ki Kwang.

They met together for a cup of coffee and deserts. She complained and complained to him about her her day and why she was feeling all those feelings when she saw Hara and Jun Hyung together. All Ki Kwang did was listen and give her advice like to just keep calm or forget about it.

That night, when Jun Hyung came home, he had a big smile on his face. “Why is this bear smiling so wide?” Chaerin teased while wriggling her eyebrows. Jun Hyung ran towards Chaerin and lift her up into the air and started spinning her. “My company made a big investment! You’re not gonna believe who invested it!” Chaerin asked him who and the answer was really hard to believe

“Hara?”Chaerin repeated. Jun Hyung nodded and gave Chaerin a little peck on the cheeks. Then, there it was, the fake smile. She was really happy for him but for it to be her was a little… disappointing?

“Oppa, who did you go to lunch with?” Chaerin asked. “Hara!” Jun Hyung said beaming like a clown. She put on the mask again, smiling.

*****

Next Day

 “Oppa, I’m not going to be able to meet up for lunch, sorry.” Chaerin pouted. Jun Hyung looked at her and gave her a small smile and said it was fine and that he would be eating with colleagues. And you guess it, Hara. When she found out (when Jun Hyung told her that night), she got a little mad and called Ki Kwang and complained about her feelings.

Soon, it was the same, even when Chaerin wanted to go lunch with him he would give her excuses like, “You must be tired, and rest”or“You still have a lot of chores to do. It’s faster if you do it now”. She soon found out he’s been having lunch with her through his secretary, Dara.

*****

“Hey, Chae. I’m gonna go have a celebratory party with some colleagues after work. So, don’t wait for me, I’m gonna be home late.” Jun Hyung said after Chaerin tied his tie. Chaerin was about to lean in for a peck but Jun Hyung walked away before she could. Chaerin felt sad at that moment. But brushed it off when she realized he was almost late.

Chaerin spent her whole day doing chores, watching television and talking with Ki Kwang on the phone. “It’s amazing how you always have time for me.” Chaerin said through the phone.

“Well, maybe I don’t but always make time for it. Or maybe I’m just better than a certain someone.” Ki Kwang said. Chaerin chuckled. “Maybe. But at this point, I think you’re the best.” Chaerin said.

“Hey Chae, do you know what time is it?” Chaerin looked at her wall clock to find that its 12:55 AM. “Oh my god! Ki Kwang! Why didn’t you say earlier! It’s 12:55 in the MORNING! And... He’s not back.”

“Come on Chae, just sleep. He told you not to wait didn’t he? So, just sleep.” Chaerin thought for a moment but finally gave in. “No Chae, I know you’re not gonna sleep so, I’ll talk until you fall asleep.”

“Okay fine. Talk then.” But before he could talk the doorbell rang. “Sorry Kwangie, he’s back now. Bye. I’ll call you tomorrow.” And she hung up. She shuffled her way to the door and opened it. Only to find a drunk Jun Hyung at the door with his neck tie crook to the left and wrinkled suit. She was shocked. She was worried.

“My Chaerinie! I am home from work!” He called out, obviously drunk. Chaerin giggled at the drunk Jun Hyung who looked really cute when he gets drunk. “Did Junnie  do a lot of work or did he play?” Chaerin played along as she brought him inside and into their bedroom.

“Junnie played. Junnie worked. And Junnie worked played with fwens.” He slurred cutely which caused Chaerin to giggle more. She removed his coat and he layed down on the bed. When she was about to go put away the coat, he grabbed his wrist.

“Did you know that Hara is a good kisser?” Jun Hyung slurred. Chaerin gaped and her eyes went wide. “Was she?” Chaerin asked quietly, afraid of the answer.

“Mm. She kissed me real good. She was really good, I didn’t want her to stop, but Seobbie stopped me. Shhh… don’t tell Chae. She’s gonna be angry.” He slurred.

He smiled, like nothing in the world could go wrong, with his eyes closed.

She cried, like her whole world was falling apart, with her eyes closed tightly, silently wishing this wasn’t the reality she had to face.

*****

The next morning, Jun Hyung woke up, Chaerin was not there. He thought she was already cooking breakfast, but he couldn’t smell anything. He shrugged it off, and went to take his clothes out from the cupboard both of them shared. When he opened it, he was shocked to see that Chaerin’s clothes weren’t there. He got worried.

“Chaerin. Chae. Where are you? Come out, it’s not funny right now.” He said, slightly trembling. Then, there he saw, a yellow paper on the dining table. It was something he didn’t expect. Something he dreaded the most.

Dear Junnie,

I’m sorry I couldn’t say goodbye properly. I guess this is the only way. Don’t think it’s only hard on you, it’s hard on me too.

When you said you drunkenly told me you kissed Hara, I felt like my whole world crashed on me. Like the world was against me. Jun Hyung, believe me, I swear to god, I have nothing against Hara. When I found out you were eating lunch with her instead of me, I didn’t bother about it much the first few times. But then, you told me to stay home and do chores, like you were forcing me not to go out to lunch with you.

I was hurt. I really was. Then, last night you came home drunk and you told me that you kissed her. Or she kissed you. I thought you were better than that Jun Hyung. I’m sorry for not being as perfect as Hara. I’m sorry I probably won’t get over you any sooner. I’m sorry you wasted 3 years on me. I’m sorry.

Goodbye Jun Hyung. Don’t try looking for me. We’re strangers now. Bye.

-Lee Chaerin.

He fell to the floor crying desperately, loudly, stupidly. He called out her name like she was gonna magically appear. Like this was all just a stupid nightmare. Like she would come back.

But she didn’t, and Jun Hyung couldn’t accept that. But no one knew where she went. Not even her parents. That’s just how Lee Chaerin went missing.

=====

Thank you to everyone who supported this fic. Subscribes and comments are loved <3 And sorry to MsA-to-the-S, i couldn't use the link to your poster. It worked well the first time, but i don't know what happen. Sorry to you. I swear i'm sorry :(