Ch.2: Friends?

You're already dead

     Today's special. Mom is supposed to come today. She can only come on Sundays because of her job but I don't mind. As long as I get to see her It's okay. She hasn't been able to see me for a long time though which upsets me, but I believe she'll make it today. Something's gonna happen today, I can feel it. The door clicks open and I look over feeling excited but end up feeling disapointed.

     It's her again. I don't know why she comes here, but It's fine because she brings me my food.

     "How are you feeling?" She asks. She always asks this even though I always say the same answer which is "I'm fine.". I give her the same answer as always and she just nods. I don't understand why she asks that. "You're gonna get better." And there's the other thing she says. I don't get what she means by it, there's nothing wrong with me. I don't feel any different from before. Really, I'm fine. I'm fine.

                                                                                                            *************************

     Well, at least it didn't hurt too bad. Whatever had hit his face fell down pretty quickly and he bent down to pick it up. Someone had threw a bandana right at his face. Jisoo looked back up and was met with two other boys in the room with wide eyes. The room was silent as everyone stared at eachother until Jisoo cleared his throat which seemed to snap everyone out of their trance.

     "WE'RE REALLY SORRY!!" Shouted the two boys, causing Jisoo to chuckle.

     "It's alright, it didn't even hurt." Responded Jisoo with a smile. The two visablly relaxed but then seemed to realize that they didn't know him.

     "Guys, this is Jisoo, he's my new apprentice." Said Junghan, finally coming into the conversation. One of the boys looked at Junghan, then at Jisoo, and nodded to himself with a smile, seemingly pleased for reasons I'm not sure about. 

     "My name's Seungkwan and this guy here is Hansol." The boy named Seungkwan said, gesturing to the other named Hansol. Hansol gave a wave but then seemed to realize something as he had a shy look on his face.

     "Hey, so can I get my bandana back now?" Hansol said and Jisoo handed it to him. Seungkwan rolled his eyes but had a smile on his face. 

     "What a nerd." He said causing Hansol to blush a bit.

     "Shut up" Hansol said glaring, but still pink. Junghan giggled at the scene and Jisoo looked over to him. Junghan had a small smile as he watched them bicker and Jisoo felt his lips quirk up into a smile itself. Junghan cleared his throat which caught the two boys attention and clapped his hands.

     "Enough flirting you two, I need to introduce Jisoo to the others so if you can tell me where they are it'll be greatly appreciated." He finalized with another smile. Seungkwan and Hansol both sputtered with red faces and 'We're not flirting!'s and Jisoo couldn't help but laugh. Hansol cleared his throat, less red then before.

     "Junhui and Minghao are in the library, Seokmin and Soonyoung are in their room I think and Wonwoo, Mingyu and Chan are on a mission." Junghan nodded and thanked him before turning to Jisoo.

     "We're going to the library first, okay?" 

     "Okay." Responded Jisoo and they bid farewell to Seungkwan and Hansol and left the room. He was led through several more corridors before coming to two doors like the ones before but with the words "LIBRARY" on them. Junghan pushed the doors open and light filled the room. More than a thousand books were all over with rows upon rows of bookshelves. Jisoo felt his mouth drop as he looked around the room, spiraling staircases led up to more floors of the library and Jisoo smiled at the beauty.

     "Come on, let's try to find them." Junghan said, snapping him out of his daze.

     The two made their way through the books until they were able to hear voices, they then followed that direction and came upon a small clearing with tables and chairs about. Two people sat across from each other and seemed to be the only other people here. One of the boys was reading while the other seemed to be moping. As Jisoo and Junghan got closer, he was able to hear some of their conversation.

     "Minghao, please talk to me. I'm really bored. Miiiiinghaaoo~ you know you want to talk to me so just do it," this got no reaction out of the other boy and he instead just turned the page. "You don't even need to study, you already know all this stuff," still no response. The boy was silent for a moment but then opened his mouth again, "Since when did you become cute, last year?" This time the other boy became flushed but still refused to talk. "Babe~" and then the other boy suddenly stood up and hit the other with his book, even more flushed than before. The boy started laughing, satisfied that he finally got a reaction. They seem to have a good relationship.

     Jisoo smiled as he watched the two and looked to his side at Junghan, who had cleared his throat, gaining the two boy's attention. They quickly straightened themselves out, both now blushing from being caught. 

     "Sorry, we didn't know you were there." The boy with the book said, glancing at his friend. 

     "Yeah, I noticed." Junghan said with a laugh. 

     "So, who's the new guy?" Asked the other boy.

     "This is Jisoo, he's my new apprentice." Junghan finished.

     "Oooh, cool, my name's Junhui." The boy, Junhui, said while giving a wave.

     "My name's Minghao." Minghao said, giving a small smile. Jisoo smiled back, Minghao was like a puppy.

     "It's nice meeting you two, I look forward to working alongside you guys." Said Jisoo. He heard Junghan give a hum, seemingly pleased with what he said.

     "Yes, it'll be fun." Minghao said while nodding. Out of the corner of his eye, Jisoo thought he saw Junhui's smile twitch downward but that could just be his imagination.

     "WELL," Junhui clapped loudly. "We wouldn't want to keep you here all day, right Minghao?" He said, putting his arm around Minghao's shoulder.

     "Ah, right, I guess?." Minghao looked over at Junhui, confusion written over his face. Junhui didn't pay attention though and was keeping his eyes on Jisoo. Did Junhui not like him?

     "It's alright, well, I'll see you guys later then." Jisoo and Junghan both gave a wave and made their way out of the library. 

     "Junhui doesn't hate you so don't worry, he's just really protective." Junghan's words interrupted the silence and Jisoo could only wonder how he knew what he was thinking about. Well, at least he wasn't hated so far. After that a comfortable silence followed and before he knew it they arrived in a hallway with several doors on each side. On the doors, numbers in silver were shown against the dark wood, giving it a nice contrast.

     Junghan led Jisoo to a door labeled with the number two and knocked on the door. A loud crash could be heard from the inside and Jisoo was suddenly worried about his safety. The door was thrown open by a man with brown hair and a wide smile on his face. 

     "What was that crash just now?" 

     "I might've slipped on the way to the door." Replied the man while rubbing his neck, probably embarrassed. Junghan laughed and then smiled.

     "See, didn't I tell you to clean your room? Anyways, can we come in?" 

     "We?" The guy looked over confused and then spotted Jisoo. He then smiled and opened the door wider for the both of them. The room had piles of clothes scattered around and several candy wrappers. Another guy was seated on the bed rocking his feet reading....manga? "Soonyoung! There's a new guy!" The guy from before said excitedly to his roommate.

     Said roommate looked up when he heard he was being called and gave a big smile. He jumped up from the bed, walked over to the group, and held out his hand at Jisoo.

     "My name's Soonyoung and my roommate here is Seokmin." Jisoo took his hand and shook it while Seokmin gave a little wave on the side. 

     "I'm Jisoo."  He gave a soft smile to the two of them when they nodded back. 

     "So did you guys come to hang out or are you just gonna stand there?" Soonyoung asked grinning. Junghan and Jisoo exchanged a glance before Junghan smiled at the two in front, agreeing to their offer. "We can probably find a game to play in here somewhere." Soonyoung said, already rummaging though the items on a desk. Seokmin joined in on the search while Jisoo and Junghan sat on Soonyoung's bed. Not more than three minutes later, Seokmin stopped what he was doing and grabbed something before turning around and holding up the item. It was a deck of cards.

     "Who's up for a game of old maid?"

***

     Sweat dripped down Soonyoung's forehead as his fingers hovered over the two cards in Seokmin's hand. Those two cards held both their lives in one turn. If Soonyoung takes the card deemed as the "maid" then the victor would be Seokmin. Jisoo and Junghan had already won and now it was only these two left. Soonyoung pinched the left card with his fingers, keeping an eye at Seokmin's expression before doing the same with the right. Soonyoung smirked and confidently took the right card.

     It was the maid.

     Seokmin jumped up with a screech of joy while Soonyoung fell back and looked to have died. Uh...for the second time.

     "I should've won!" Whined Soonyoung from the floor. Seokmin laughed with a big smile from his win. 

     "It feels good to be a winner." He responded wiping away fake tears. Junghan looked at the time on their clock and saw that it was really late so he excused Jisoo and himself out of the room. The day was done and they were finally heading to their room.

     "So what did you think about everyone?" Junghan asked as they stepped into the room. There were two beds on each end, a closet and two desks. It was a plain room with not much in it but not much was really needed. Jisoo smiled.

     "I think they're nice." Junghan nodded and they both got in their beds. Today was a rollercoaster that's for sure. Thinking about the days memories was nice.

     'I think I'll like it here...'

     A gigantic crash was heard down the hall, startling Jisoo from his thoughts. Loud footsteps ran to the source.

     "OH MY GOSH, YOU JUST BROKE ONE OF THE VASES!"

     "I DIDN'T MEAN TO, DONT TELL THE BOSS PLEASE. I CAN TOTALLY FIX THIS!" Another crash was heard followed by what sounds like crying.

     ....

     'I change my mind, I wanna go home.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Did I mention I take forever in updating?? It takes me a long time because I always get writers block and don't know how to word things how I want but I'm not giving up on this story!! Even if I have to write it on my phone....which is what I'm doing right now....

This chapter goes by pretty fast because I wanted to get the introductions out of the way and next chapter is gonna have more information about what Jisoo will be doing there.

I love Junhao and that's all you need to know~

Comment down any questions or what you think of this so far because I don't know what I'm doing......