Ch.1: Unbelievable

You're already dead

     The rain echoes outside as he finally accepted his fate. It's empty, with him being the only one home his parents don't know. He thinks he hears shouting from his neighbors but he knows it's to late. He can't move. His leg was still injured from before and hasn't healed yet. It's getting harder to breath. He can hear it coming towards him. He can feel it. It's really close now, and he's started to get second thoughts.

     He doesn't wanna die, no, not like this. What was the last thing he said to his parents? What was the last thing he said to him? What was the reason for their fight? He's sorry, he's regretting it, he's wishing he could turn back time to fix it. He can feel the tears sliding down his face but doesn't have it in him to wipe them away. There's sireens approaching but they wont be able to help, it's over for him. For his final words he says what he wanted to say to him.

     "I...I love you." That's it. He's now engulfed in it and it hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts.

                                                                                                       *************************      

     The feeling of floating on air is what surrounds his body.

     Darkness. That's all Jisoo sees as he slowly opens his eyes. Groggily, he moves to sit up as he tries to concentrate on his surroundings. Realizing the place was unknown and that he couldn't see Jisoo then started to panic.

     'W-where am I?! Why is it all dark?!' His mind was a jumbled mess, and he didn't know how he got to where he is. In his attempt to stand up there was a loud crashing sound that caused him to freeze. He stared in the direction it came from and quickly straightened himself out. His eyes widened when he heard mumbling and footsteps coming towards him. As the footsteps grew closer it seemed to slowly get brighter which confused him. Jisoo hesitated a little but then called out to the stranger that was coming into view, strangely not scared anymore. "Um, hello, who are you and where are we?"

     "Hello, my name is Junghan, and we're in the underworld." Said the boy in front of him.

     "What?! Oh- wait- escuse me, i'm sorry for my outburst, my names Jisoo but what? I'm sorry but I don't believe you, and even if it was true why and how'd I get here?" The boy in front of him just blinked unfazed by what Jisoo said. 

     "Well, you're dead and here to be my apprentice." Junghan said with a small smile while Jisoo stood with his mouth agape.

     "Um...apprentice for what exactly?" Asked Jisoo skeptically. Hearing his question Junghan grinned which just made him more curious.

     "To be a grim reaper!"

     Well. That sure wasn't what he expected to hear, all from their conversation really. It had to be some joke. There's no way what Junghan said was true, it's really unbelievable. This Junghan guy is a good actor though so he'll give him credit. He would've remembered if he died to, but then again he can't seem to remember a lot of things right now.

     Junghan seemed to understand what he was thinking from the next words he spoke. "It's true you know, that you're dead. I'm dead too aswell as the others, it may seem like i'm lying but it's really the truth along with being a grim reaper!" Something about Junghan made him want to trust him which confused Jisoo even more. 

     "Well if what you're saying is really true, then prove it." Said Jisoo. Junghan seemed to only think for a second before he snapped his fingers and disappeared. Seeing that Jisoo frantically looked around for him but Junghan was no where in sight. Jisoo was scared to say the least. 'How did he do that?!' Just as he was thinking that, a faint gust of wind blew near his ear and Jisoo turned to see Junghan there grinning at his frantic state.

     "Is that proof enough? I just disappeared right in front of you." He responded. Though it could've been some magic trick, Jisoo nodded giving up and going along with it anyway. He's not sure why he feels like he should believe Junghan but he does. "Good, now follow me." Junghan said as he started walking away. When Jisoo caught up he looked towards Junghan and paid attention to his features. His long hair was tied back in a ponytail and was wearing a white dress shirt with a black tie and black dress pants. Not really something he would've thought a grim reaper would wear but that's fine with him.

     "So where are we going?" Asked Jisoo. 

     "We're going to meet our leader." Junghan responded glancing over.

     "What is he like?" Junghan seemed to think for a bit before answering.

     "Well he's kinda serious and keeps an eye on everyone. Sometimes he likes to take pictures or videos of everyone, which is weird, but he'll help if you're having trouble." Jisoo only had little time to think as he was suddenly faced with a very large door. "Are you ready?" Asked Junghan looking over at Jisoo. Jisoo stared back and nodded his head. The doors creaked open to a very spacious room that chilled him to the bone. It was pitch black in the room and had a eerie silence.

     Junghan nudged Jisoo forward probably wanting him to step in the room first. As soon as Jisoo stepped into the room a candle from the side suddenly lit, then, it seemed to trigger a chain reaction and different candles then lit leading to a desk in the middle with the chair's back facing them. Jisoo gaped, in awe of what he just saw. When he saw Junghan walk ahead he snapped out of it and caught up with him.

     Now in front of the desk, Junghan cleared his throat which caused the chair to swivel around to reveal a middle-aged man.

     "So, you must be Hong Jisoo correct?" The man asked.

     "Yes sir."

     The man nodded and leaned back a little.

     "Do you know why you're here?" 

     "Um, to be Junghan's apprentice to become a grim reaper." Jisoo responded as he looked down and shuffled his feet. It really sounded ridiculous coming from his mouth. The man responded with a hum, leaned foward, and stretched out his hand over the desk.

     "You can call me Doogi PD, I'm the leader of our branch and will be the one assigning the jobs to you guys." Doogi said as Jisoo took his hand and proceeded to shake it. When they finished, Doogi PD leaned back in his chair again and beckoned Junghan, who was at the door, to come further in the room. "For today I want you to show Jisoo around and get him warmed up to the place and the others." Junghan nodded and they bid Doogi farewell before leaving the room.

     "How many other people are here like us?" asked Jisoo when they were out of there. Junghan glanced at him and then started walking again.

     "There's nine other people besides us that are grim reapers/apprentices." Junghan responded. Jisoo nodded back even though he knew Junghan wasn't looking at him. "Right now I'm taking you to the main room, someone's always there and I think that's a good place to start." Junghan finished with a smile. Not too long after, they reached a door that said "MAIN ROOM" on it and he knew they arrived. With a sense of excitement Jisoo opened the door.

     He just didn't expect to get hit in the face right after. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: EEEEYYYYYY didn't expect this to update huh? I didn't mean to take so long it just happened  ;;;;;;

Sorry it's so short and with a y "cliff hanger" too OTL

Think of this as an early Christmas present I guess idk I just wanted to get this out before and I'm hoping to maybe get chapter two done by my birthday but no promises as I haven't even started it.....

ANYWAYS please comment and let me know what you guys think so far and excuse the grammar errors in here!!