Chapter 3

Error

It was a long while before Youngjae woke up from his slumber. 

The first thing he registered in his mind was the fact that Zelo had Youngjae's hand in his, with worry written all over his expression.

"Junhong.." he muttered.

"You fainted", Zelo explained. "See, I told you not to overwork yourself!"

Youngjae smiled weakly and apologised to Zelo for making him worry.

It was then when Daehyun shot through Youngjae's mind.

 

"Where's Daehyun?"

"Ah, I asked him to tidy up the lab. He should be done by about now."

Well, having to have spoken of the devil, Daehyun walked over upon completing his task.

He knelt in front of Youngjae. 

"Master, are you alright?"

Youngjae smiled when he heard Daehyun.

He nodded. 

Zelo had dressed Daehyun up in a surgical gown, for it was the only thing that he could find while rummaging through the drawers.

 

Zelo was fidgeting with his watch for a moment before shooting Youngjae a panicked expression.

"Hyung, the other professors are coming to take a look at Daehyun!"

"When?"

"In one hour's time."

Youngjae sighed, shutting his eyes.

The room was heavily slient for a few minutes before Youngjae opened his eyes again and sat up.

"I'm gonna go change up.", he murmured, just loud enough for the duo to hear before standing up, having Zelo and Daehyun to give way to him.

The both of them watched Youngjae walk out of the lab with unstable movements.

Zelo casted an expression of worry, for the Professor, due the huge commitment to this project had neglected his own health. He then casted a glance at Daehyun, who notice Zelo's stare. 

Why was Project Daehyun so important to Youngjae?

Zelo had yet to understand.

______________________________________

 

[Daehyun]

 

When I felt a strange organ that had been implanted within my vessel, I was accosted with strange flashbacks that came and gone within seconds.

The plasma-like substance started to course through my vessels, my body growing more alive than ever. 

When I felt that my body was starting to loosen up, my eyelids flickered open.

As I did, I felt a warm object pressing against my cheek, and my eyes wandered to the source of heat.

Standing before me was a human, as my artificial intelligence had scanned rapidly.

I had to process him for it was my first encounter with such a creature.

He had chocolate-coloured locks that were all over the place, his eyes gazing at me with such a strange expression behind his gold horn-rimmed glasses.

My artificial intelligence started to scan him quickly, and the results that came out were that he was Yoo Youngjae, the one who had crafted me.

Because of the molecular fibres he had left on me, I could acknowledge his contact.

"Hello, Daehyun", he greeted.

I acknowledged his voice, with such softeness, it had lingered in my hearing sensors. 

Having to hear my master's voice strangely made drove a rippling sensation of warmth through the hard metal.

"Hello, Master",  I greeted back.

Master had allowed a grin to form slowly on his lips.

However that smile lasted for less than a few minutes before he had his eyes shut and his body go limp, before hitting the floor.

I tried to call out to him.

I wonder if he heard me.

 

It was then I learned that Master was suffering from fatigue due to putting all of his energy into trying to build me for his project.

"Where's Daehyun?" I heard him call out.

My senors immediately reacted to his voice, turning to Master.

"Are you alright?"

 

He eyes were half lidded, and I could sense that his heartbeat was much steadier than before when I had first encountered him.

Beside him was a rather tall male, also human and he went by the name of "Zelo", and he was Master's assistant. 

Master's gaze landed on mine, and he smiled, his eyes twinkling with a glint of relief.

 

It was then Zelo interrupted and mentioned that Professors would come and inspect me in an hour's time.

Master then shut his eyes, inhaling deeply.

 

I could sense his pulse rate increasing once more.

He stood up, and mentioned that he wanted to go and prepare himself, and walked unsteadily towards the door.

 

An hour came by and I was suited up by Master, he let me fit into one of his button-up shirts that he mentioned that was too big for him, and a pair of pants.

They were a rather tight fit probably because of my body physique.

Master looked rather smart, with a blue shirt, navy blue pants and his oversized lab coat that hugged his dainty body.

He shifted up his glasses and walked up to me, adjusting my strands of hair.

 

His warm fingers brushed against my skin from time to time as he had his milky fingers to cautiously adjust stray strands that hang at places where they were not supposed to be.

 

"Greet the Professors alright?" He reminded, giving me a small smile.

I nodded back, replying him with a blank face.

 

The Professors arrived, all in sleek black blazers and ties that contrasted against their shirts.

There were 2 of them. 

One had facial features that were perfectly proportional and his features fitted perfectly. 

I was amazed that such beauty could exist. 

 

The second one had a much more firmer look, it was as if he was rather critical about certain subjects, judging from the tight lips he presented.

"Professor Kim, Professor Bang", Zelo and Master both greeted in union together.

I followed suit, able to gain approving looks from both humans.

"So this is the masterpiece that you've been working on?" the grumpier looking one asked, his attention to Master.

The beautiful Professor had his gaze on me, examining prominent features that he could find on me. 

 

Master nodded. 

"He looks so human. It's amazing."

Master flushed with pink, smiling sheepishly at his Professors' compliments.

"You did well, Youngjae. Start to monitor him", instructed the gruffier-looking Professor.

"Thank you Professor Bang."

He received a gummy smile in return.

I realised that despite that Professor Bang seemed to look rough due to his voice and facial features, he was rather soft-spoken and my A.I had picked up that Professor Bang was genuinely pleased with Master's work.

 

"Keep up the good work, Prof Yoo. We will be checking up on you from time to time.

Nonetheless, feel free to approach us for assistance if needed", Professor Kim asserted, giving Master a pat on the shoulder.

While this Professor had beautiful facial features, his tone was rather harsh and firm. Nonetheless, my A.I picked up that he was also impressed with Master's work.

 

Both Professors continued to examine me with watchful eyes and piercing gazes, all of which was a piece of cake to me to be still.

 

After all, I am different from them.

 

It was then Professor Kim's question caught my sensors.

"But this android.. doesn't have emotions right?"

Master shook his head.

 

"Good. Robots aren't allowed to have emotions. It's against the law of robotics. Well despite that, it's impossible for them to gain genuine emotions."

 

"I understand."

Master nodded his head before bowing and seeing the two Professors out.

 

On the metallic examine table, my skin at the same temperature as the material I was sitting on, my A.I started to spin many questions about what Professor Kim had mentioned.

 

Emotions? What are they?

How does one obtain an "Emotion"?