It's All in the Past

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There's a connection in our relationship

A huge one that I can't explain in our words

Our conversations, piled with memories

Continue on today

 

 It was the usual busy morning around Seoul, with people walking around the streets to rush work, some stopping by the cafe to grab their morning coffee, and the sounds of cars honking up because it's already rush hour and traffic is congesting up already. However, for Jiyong, he won't mind being late today - he doesn't even care if he's now stuck in the traffic too. In fact, he's all smiles while listening to the radio and singing along to the music. Great morning, aye? He already informed his secretary last night to cancel all his appointments for today because he has a personal meeting to attend. He remembered that he hasn't told Youngbae about this too so he dialed his bestfriend's phone.

 

[Why? It's so early. Something happened at the office?]

 

"No, I'm not even there." Jiyong said as he tapped the steering wheel.

 

[Wait what? CEO Kwon is not at the office yet?  I thought you're always there by 5am or 6.]  Youngbae chuckled from the other end.

 

"I'm not going to work today. I have something to do.

 

[Like what? Or who, I may say. Yoona? You're all good with her? Got back with her already?]

 

"Yeah, Yoona. No, just gonna visit her." Jiyong smirked.

 

[Wow wow. I’m surprised. I thought she would rip your head off the moment she saw you. Wanna know why? Because you’re a jerk.] His best friend mocked him and laughed.

 

“Yeah whatever. Go fix up and go to work, you brat!” Jiyong shouted. All of his friends who knew that he left Yoona called him a jerk and an .

 

Youngbae laughed. [Yes, sir~]

 

Jiyong ended the call and placed his phone on the dashboard. Yes, he decided to visit Yoona today. He wanted to talk to her since they never really got to talk when tey met for those two days. He wants to talk about them. He passed by the flower shop first before heading to the coffee shop.

 

Hiding the bouquet at his back,as he entered the coffee shop and the sweet smell of the breads and strong smell of roasted coffee lingered in his nose. 

 

“Excuse me—“ Upon hearing his voice, the lady immediately turned around and a shocked expression was written on her face.

 

“Jiyong?!”

 

“Oh, Sooyoung~ How are you? I’m—“ Jiyong smiled at her but Sooyoung interrupted him.

 

The lady looked around the shop before shouting at the guy, but at minimum level. “What are you doing here?!”  

 

“I’m looking for Yoona. Is she at the office upstairs?”

 

Sooyoung arched her eyebrow. “Yoona? Why? You’re gonna break her heart again? And what are you hiding behind  your back? A photo frame with your new wife? What are you really doing here?!” Her face was already red, not because she’s mad, but because she’s frustrated at what’s happening.

 

“Geez, Choi Sooyoung. Hear me out, will you?” He paused and sighed. “I’m here to visit her. I already met her yesterday and last Monday. And, excuse you, I’m not dating anyone nor I have a new wife.”

 

“Oh really? Wow, she didn’t even tell me! That brat. And excuse you too, I don’t trust you, Kwon Jiyong.”

 

“I’m sorry, Soo. I’ll be better this time. So where is she?”

 

“I won’t tell you.” Sooyoung returned to what she’s doing and ignored Jiyong.

 

“Please? I’ll contact Daesung to tell him that I already met you."

 

"Are you bribing me?" She turned around again, face feigning annoyance but half blushing at the same time.

 

"If you take that as a bribe then yes. And yah, I'm not some stranger you know."

 

"You already are after a year. It's her day off today. Go on. Drive safely." Sooyoung pushed him out of the coffee shop and waved hastily.

 

Jiyong could only shake his head at how she acted. He wonders how her friends would react if they see both of them together again. He knows how they love and adore Yoona as their sister. His phone was bombarded with text messages and Taeyeon even went to see him before to scream at him. Of course at that time, he doesn't care.  

 

He didn't inform Yoona that he would see her because he wanted it tobe a surprise. Yoona's day off is a good news for him since he wanted to be with her - alone. A good catching up won't be bad, right? Or atleast for him.

 

He drove to Yoona's house and before stepping out of the car, he looked at the mirror and sighed. He looked at his reflection and sudden thoughts came flashing in his mind. He just shrugged it off and fixed his hair. Finally, he grabbed the bouquet of flowers and rang the doorbell. This was just like when they were in the stage of courtship.

 

Jiyong was nervously standing outside Yoona's house while holding a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolate. His hands were shaking a bit and sweats were trickling down his cheeks. He slowly lifted his hand and finally rang the doorbell. After a few seconds, Mrs. Im came out wearing a wide smile.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Im." He immediately smiled and bowed.

 

"Aigoo. Such a good guy. Come in."  The older lady welcomed him and he entered inside. This was the first time he's meeting Yoona's family. And oh, he heard that Yoona's father is a terror.

 

 "Yoona will be down in a few. Have a seat and feel at home, ne?" 

 

"Ne, eomeoni." Jiyong smiled sweetly and took a seat. He put the flowers and chocolates on top of the center table and patiently waited for his girl. Yoona came down a few minutes later wearing a simple white dress and her hair neatly tied. He stood up and smiled then hugged her tight as soon as he was in front of her.

 

"You're beautiful." Jiyong kissed her forehead and chuckled. "For you, baby." He smiled and gave the bouquet to here.

 

"Thank you, Ji~ These are beautiful!" Yoona facepalmed as soon as her cheeks turned red. Her mother came back in the living room with his father and Jiyong immediately froze as he looked at him.

 

"A-annyeonghaseyo, Mr. Im. I am-" Jiyong bowed but was cut off by the man.

 

"No need to introduce yourself, young man. Yoona talked a lot about you. Nice to meet you, Jiyong." He smiled and shook his hands. This man wasn't a terror after all. His friends were just scaring him off.

 

Jiyong looked at Yoona but she immediately looked away. "Ah ne, nice to meet you too, sir."

 

"Just call us mom and dad. You're now a part of this family." The old man chuckled and patted his shoulders. Yoona's eyes went wide at what she heard and smiled.

 

"Oh, thank you.. dad. I'll do my best to take care and love your daughter." Jiyong held Yoona's hand tightly.

 

"No need to thank me. If Yoona is happy, then we're happy too. Just don't do stupid things that'll ruin both of you or I'll find you and punch you." He laughed. "If you have a date today then go now. Take care, alrights! Have fun~" Yoona's mother added.

 

Now, no more parents of Yoona to welcome him - just Yoona, the woman whom he loved after all these years. A woman who even in her mid 20s is still as gorgeous and youthful, but in reality is a tired and sad one. 

 

Yoona put down the document that she was reading and went to open the door. She wasn't expecting any visitor today. She thought that it was just the mailman. She opened the door and much to her surprise, her husband is standing there by the door, smiling gently while holding a bouquet of baby breath, which is her favorite.

 

Yoona squinted her eyes at her unexpected visitor. "Why are you here?"

 

"Flowers for you." He gave it to Yoona and she took it without saying anything. "And um, I came for a visit?"

 

"You know that the kids aren't here."

 

"Ani. I came to visit you."

 

"Ohh. Alright. Come in." Yoona let him in and she closed the door as soon as he settled inside.

 

Jiyong walked around the vast living room, touching the things he once used to touch. Those things that were once his favorites in this place, were all now foreign under his touch. He smiled as he saw the picture frames at the table. He picked up one frame, their family picture which was taken on the family day. Yoona watched him silently and she smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter