Chapter 2

Can I trust You with My Heart?

 Chanyeol sat on the floor, pounding his fists gently on the floor out of his anticipation of his next turn playing on Kai's new video game. Chanyeol went to Kai's place - his friends were there too but Suho and Sehun left due to the day slowly turning into night, so it was only Chanyeol, Kai and D.O - as planned. It was slightly dark out, and it was a school night but Chanyeol didn't care, he usually got up early naturally anyway. 

   With D.O passed out and his head resting on Kai's shoulder, so it was like it was only Chanyeol, Kai, and the noises of the game. Chanyeol watched as the storyline of the game turned to the cut-scene of the antagonist torturing a supporting character, in order to obtain information, and for his own entertainment.

    Like the game, Chanyeol’s mind had also shifted, to Byun Baekhyun.

“Hey, Kai?”

   Barely looking up from the screen, Kai replied. “Humm?”

Chanyeol hesitated. “Why do we pick on Byun Baekhyun?”

   Kai looked up from his game. “Isn’t it obvious?”

Then Kai chuckled at the blank expression that had appeared on his friend’s face.  Kai shook his head. “Because he’s weak, and so vulnerable that it makes it fun.”

   Chanyeol pursed his lips. “But, there are other, uh, weak people, why Baekhyun?”

Kai grinned. “I honestly don’t know all of it myself, but even though he appears and is weak and broken, he has this sliver of will in his eyes, it makes me, want to be the one to break it.”

   “Maybe we should, um, just leave him alone.”

Kai raised an eyebrow. “Are you kidding? Don’t you understand Yeol? He’s weak, and the strong are meant to prey on the weak.”

  Chanyeol sighed. He knew that anything he said would not budge his stubborn friend in the slightest. “Yeah, yeah, okay.”

  “Why are you asking this now? We’ve been doing this the whole school year,” Kai smiled mischievously. “What, are you developing feelings for him or something?”

  Chanyeol’s face flushed with embarrassment. “What the hell?! No way!”

“Sure~”

   “Sorry, but I’m not like you,” his eyes flicked over to D.O’s head resting on Kai’s shoulder. “I don’t plan on getting into a relationship anytime soon.”

   Kai made a cute pouty face. “Daww, you’re just jealous that I’m in a happy relationship.”

  Chanyeol rolled his eyes, but smiled. “Whatever you say pal.”

Chanyeol looked out the window; it had gotten much darker. He slung his bag over his shoulder and got up. “Well, it’s getting late. See you at school tomorrow.”

  Kai gave a small wave, careful not to wake his lover.

Chanyeol closed the door behind him. When he was as far as the driveway, he looked back at the house he had just left. Their conversation was still fresh in his mind. He frowned.

   This time you’re wrong Kai. The strong are meant to protect the weak.

 

~~~~~~

 

 Baekhyun awoke the next morning. He felt like crap. The moment he had returned home he almost immediately passed out on his floor. He tried to get up, not wanting to anger his father in anyway. But as he tried to push himself up pain shot straight through his body, causing him to gasp and make his arms give out. Every time he moved pain spread through out his body, so he decided to stay still, when he did the pain dulled some. It was obvious his wound had not gotten any better.

   Suddenly he heard his door creak open. Fear overtook Baekhyun. His father would be pissed to see that Baekhyun was not up at this time.

  “Yah! Baekhyun,” his father growled. “Why aren’t you up?” He walked over to his son’s side and lifted up his head by gripping his hair. “Well?”

   “I-I c-can’t move.” Baekhyun’s voice shook. It took a great amount of energy to even speak.

   “Tsk,” His father let go of his hair. “Fine, I’ll let you off once.” Then he planted his foot right on Baekhyun’s wound. Baekhyun whimpered in pain. Tears threatened to fall from his eyes.

    No I can’t be weak.

“But,” His father’s voice was filled with menace. “Don’t think I’m going soft, I just need you to have energy for our next session.” He lifted his foot off of his son’s small frame. Without another word, he left the room. After he heard his father’s demon-like steps fade slowly away, he crawled – with great effort – over to the wall. After what felt like forever to Baekhyun, he propped himself up leaning against the wall, careful not to put too much pressure on his back. Tears spilled from his eyes, he couldn’t hold it any longer. An unknown pain filled him. It wasn’t the physical pain he’d been receiving over the years. But a pain that filled his heart. He’d always known he was alone and insignificant but it seemed to hit him harder these days.

   Hey! Are you okay?

Suddenly his voice, his deep voice filled his mind. It felt warm, so unfamiliar. But the pain he felt was stronger. All warmness that filled him seemed to wash away in an instant. He pulled his legs up to his chest. His hot tears ran down his face like a waterfall.

   Someone please, please help me. I don’t think I can take it anymore…. help.

 

~~~~~~

 

Chanyeol really was never into school, sure he was smart, athletic, and had lot of admirers. But he didn’t usually look forward to the same old routine and same old love letters. It was quite boring. But this time he was somewhat looking forward to it. He needed to see Baekhyun, he wanted to know what his story was.

   But strangely when he had arrived in school, he didn’t see Baekhyun in his usual seat, all the way in the back. That somewhat worried Chanyeol.

   He was hurt yesterday, did something happen to him?

He didn’t even hear the teacher with all the thoughts and questions swirling around in his head. In fact he was like that the entire class. He was snapped back to reality when Kai snapped his fingers in front of Chanyeol’s face.

    “Jeez! How long are you going to be asleep? Class is over, let’s go to lunch.”

“H-huh? O-oh right.” Chanyeol shook his head and mentally pinched himself.

  Get it together! Why are you even worrying about him? You don’t even know him.

“Ah, I guess Baekhyun isn’t here.”

   “Yeah…” Chanyeol replied.

“Whatever, he’ll be back, then I’ll have some fun.”

   Chanyeol opened his mouth to say something but Kai had already run over to their group of friends.

    Fun, huh?

 

Chanyeol lay on his bed, throwing up a basketball and catching it, repeating the entire process. He got up, wanting to do something else when his eyes caught on something. It was Baekhyun’s notebook. Out of curiosity, he reached over to grab the small black notebook from his desk. At first he hesitated, this was wrong; he wasn’t supposed to do this. But the fact that this could help him learn more about Baekhyun won him over.

    He opened it and was surprised to see that it was full of…. music compositions. Intrigued he grabbed his guitar, and began plucking to the small precise notes on the fine paper. Singing the words also written down.

 

Yudok jitge baen neoui hyanggie

Bari mukkin nan ne kkumui noye gata

Gaseum sok han pyeon bulkkoccgateun gieok

Yeongicheoreom sarajyeo

Sumgyeore ganjeolhan mam nogyeo oechyeobonda

Chalnae jaega doelkka

Heogong wiro pareul ppeodeobwa

Geompureun saebyeok monghwanjeogin

Moksoriman ullyeo peojyeo who knows

Kkeuti eopsneun mystery

Angae gateun memory

Nae yegameun wae bisnaganeunga

Nunmul seokkin bissori

Nae gwisgae sumsori

Dan han beondo neol chajji moshan na

You hurt me so bad so bad

You hurt me so bad so bad

Nae meorissogen yeongwonhi insane

Nega sara issneun de

Nae siyaen tumyeonghan neowa na

Yeah saehayan dalbiccui mellodi

Eunmilhi junbihan nae dudeurim

Bameun machi gangmul gatji swit

Bimireul pumeun chae salji

Soksagyeo jullae daeche eodil gaya

Dathin neoui segyel yeol su issneun geonji

Deryeoga jullae

Neoreul garin beil geu soge

Nal salge hal suneun eopsneun geonji

Nan maeil bam nege jami deunda

Kkumsoge yeonjudoeneun

Gammiroun seonyul neowa na

Du nuneul gamgo eodum soge

Geurimjaro ttara ganda who knows

Kkeuti eopsneun mystery

Angae gateun memory

Nae yegameun wae bisnaganeunga

Nunmul seokkin bissori

Nae gwisgae sumsori

Dan han beondo neol chajji moshan na

You hurt me so bad so bad

You hurt me so bad so bad

Nae meorissogen yeongwonhi

Nega sara issneun de

Nae siyaen tumyeonghan neowa na

Dan hanbeonman nal chajajwo

Eolmana wonhaneunji aljanha

Huimihan ne moseupboda

Jeo jiteun bamboda

Na honjain ge duryeowojyeo uh

Kkeuti eopsneun mystery

Angae gateun memory

Nae yegameun wae bisnaganeunga

Nunmul seokkin bissori

Nae gwisgae sumsori

Dan han beondo neol chajji moshan na

You hurt me so bad so bad

You hurt me so bad so bad

Nae meorissogen yeongwonhi insane

Nega sara issneun de

Nae siyaen tumyeonghan neowa na

It hurts

 

It was so full of pain and sadness. Was this how Baekhyun felt? Was the pain poured out into this song the pain he had to go through? He got a feeling, one that twisted his heart. No one should have to feel this way.

    The strong are meant to protect the weak.

And Chanyeol would be the one to protect him.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Heya~ second chapter is out!!!! yay? Yeah.....

  I hope this one is good enough for you if it isn't I apologize, I didn't really like this chapter too much myself. ;A; *sobs in a corner*

And to those who subscribed and commented, thank you! You guys are so sweet, you made me smile so much. Thanks for the support, even though it's not much to others, I didn't even expect that much at all. Thanks again. 

   Hope you will enjoy this chappie, - 'ello chap - because it'll make my day if you do. Please subscribe, comment, and maybe upvote if you're enjoying. Also you know it's labor day weekend right? Maybe I'll double update who knows. Hahaha, we'll see. Please anticipate for the next chapter! Agh, this chapter is making me more nervous than the first!

  Til then, see you soon!

Nyaaa~

   

Gawd, Baekhyun >< why so cute. My bias is - btw - (don't care if he left he still bae) Luhan. My si- editor's bias, is Baekieeee, so how she was able to write the first part of the first chapter, I have no idea...

The song thing is Hurt by Exo, it's a beautiful song, love it so much. Thought it fit well