Sent Away Already?!

What Happens At Night

Chapter V

Things went better than Minwoo expected. Though Masquerade was still a lot picky, he was being a bit friendlier. He was still harsh when it came to his tea, though. Minwoo didn't really mind it. He liked keeping Masquerade's company. He kind of reminded him of Haruka, but a bit harsher...

Now that he thought of it... Could he...?

No, he dismissed the thought. He would have known, right? He and Haruka were best friends, he should be able to know him well... But...

"Minwoo, where are my scones?!" Masquerade's voice reached his ears. He panicked and rushed out of the room.

"I'll be back in a moment!" he said, rushing away. Masquerade sighed and picked up his teacup, taking in the scent of the Mint Green tea Minwoo had prepared for him earlier. He took a sip and hummed in pleasure, savouring the taste. In the two weeks that has passed, Minwoo's tea-making skills have improved. He wasn't the person to admit that. He liked seeing the young man trying his best.

In a few minutes, Minwoo was back with a plate of scones. He placed it down on the desk were the vampire usually worked. "I'm soory... I completely forgot about the scones..."

"Fool! Tea is nothing without scones." he scoffed. "Now go iron my white shirts. I need them by tomorrow."

"But you don't wear white-"

"Do as ordered! And don't burn them!" he commanded.

"H-hai!" Minwoo rushed to get the shirts, sighing to himself. Masquerade rarely showed any kind of affection, though he would quietly thank Minwoo from time to time. Minwoo couldn't help but feel happy, knowing his tries were appreciated. He had gotten familiar with school over the days, though he was really worried about his band mates. It has been really a long while since that time.. When he left. He was sure they were worried about him. Oh, what lectures he was going to get when he goes back.

"Minwoo, what's wrong...?" Masquerade asked as soon as the boy walked in, not talking his eyes off the assignment he was working on. Minwoo blinked.

"W-wha-"

"Something is wrong. What is it?" the vampire asked again. Minwoo put down the bundle of white shirts and sighed.

"I...was thinking of my friends..." he frowned. "I miss them... And they must be worried about me..." Masquerade put his pencil down and turned to him.

"Are they close to you...?"

"Yes... They are like family." Minwoo smiled absentmindedly. 

"Must feel nice..." the vampire sighed at last. Minwoo sensed some kind of envy in the vampire's voice. He started ironing the first shirt, while glancing at the vampire from time to time. He had long returned to his assignment, but would let out a sigh every now and then. By the time Minwoo was done with the third shirt, Masquerade put his assignment aside and got up. "I'll be going for a walk." he made his way to the door. "By the time I'm back, make sure my dinner is served here. I won't be going to the dining hall tonight." he left and closed the door. Minwoo sighed inwardly.

"...That's not fair...he isn't even helping me..." he pouted as he folded the white shirt neatly. "Oh well... I guess I have to put up with it...."

After he was done, he went to fetch Masquerade's dinner as he was told.  On his way back to the room, he overheard two vampire's talking to each other.

"Have you seen that new human?" one of them whispered. Minwoo knew they weren't talking about him. He has been there for two weeks. (The more he stays, the more scolding and bonus lectures he gets.) He, out of curiosity, decided to listen. 

"Yes... He looks common..." the second said, and the first shushed him.

"Lower your voice, someone may here you."

"What are you so worried about?"

"The human could belong to Masquerade... You know.. the one he has now has not been marked, I hear..."

"Masquerade?" the second scoffed. "No way. His taste is not so common. There is no way he would have chosen that human."

"He was marked, you know..."

"It could be anyone else, chill." the second shoved his hands in his pockets. "Now let's get going. I'm hungry." the first sigh and they both walked away. Minwoo blinked and prayed it was not the human Masquerade claimed.

Like he had learned, unclaimed humans are usually fed on by other vampires, and since they have no 'owner', they are like stray animals. No one would really care about what would happen to them. He shuddered at the thought and hurried back to Masquerade's room. He put everything in place and waited for the vampire to come back. He was late, and Minwoo was worried he might be back with another human or something. He would be doomed then...

"I'm back." he jumped up as the door opened. Masquerade walked in, looking a lot tired. Minwoo helped him take off his cloak and put it away. After changing, Masquerade sat in his bed, staring at his food. Minwoo took a deep breath before he spoke.

"Uh...I was wondering..." he stuttered. "Did you recieve any information of a new human's arrival...?"

"No." Masquerade replied, unlike what Minwoo expected. "But I have heard the students talking about a new human... Why do you ask, though...?" Minwoo shifted in his place.

"I-I was j-just...uh..." he stuttered again. Masquerade smiled at him, surprising the boy again.

"I know what you are thinking of..." he said. "You don't need to worry. I don't think it's that human." Minwoo smiled weakly. 

"...Will you...send me away if that human arrives...?" Masquerade glanced up from his food and sighed.

"I don't know..." he said softly. "Let's not think of that now. You need to get some sleep." he went on eating his food. Minwoo nodded absent-mindedly and made his way to the door. "Where are you going...?"

"I sleep in a different room..." the human replied. 

"Oh...I thought you..." the vampire trailed off. "..You know... you, as a human..'pet', should sleep next to me..." a light blush dusted his pale cheeks. Minwoo  blinked at him.

"I...uh..."

"Minwoo." Masquerade got out of his bed and pointed to it. "Sleep here... This bed is soft..."

"It doesn't matter-"

"No, it does." Masquerade cut him off. "I have noticed you look pained as you work. Where do you sleep?"

"In the human dorm-"

"On the floor?!" Masquerade sounded half enraged, half concerned. Minwoo nodded. The vampire sighed and walked over to him, pulling him to the bed. 

"Wha-"

"Sleep."

"But-"

"That's an order." Minwoo sighed.

"S-should I change...?" he asked in a shaky tone. Masquerade nodded and handed him some of his own Pj's. 

"Here... I never used these.. They are new..." he mumbled. After changing, Minwoo got onto the bed as he was told. Masquerade sat on his armchair, watching Minwoo intently.

"..Are you-"

"Just sleep..." the vampire said. Minwoo sighed inwardly and nodded.

"Okay. Good night..." he whispered. Masquerade sighed and leaned back in his chair, closing his mask-covered eyes. He fell asleep, and probably never knew that Minwoo wasn't planning on having the vampire sleep in such a position.

Next day, after Masquerade left for class, Minwoo went on with his daily chores; dusting the bookshelf, ironing clothes, making tea and scones. Masquerade didn't return to his room in the time he usually did, and Minwoo was worried. Masquerade was usually right on time. Something was definitely wrong.

About an hour later, the vampire was back. Minwoo instantly greeted him. He looked a bit worried, which was not a good sign. "I-is something wrong...?" 

"...Minwoo..." the vampire sighed. "I-I...I'm really sorry..." he murmured. 

"...M-master..." Minwoo's voice started to shake. "What happened..? You look... worried..." Masquerade looked up at him, and for some reason, Minwoo imgained that the vampire's eyes were full of sorrow and guilt. 

"...The human..." Minwoo's eyes widened. That was not what he was thinking , was it? Unfortunately, the vampire's response was not a good one. "It's him..."

"...no... No, it can't be..." Minwoo shook his head frantically. "You can't be serious, no!" 

"Minwoo." Masquerade gripped on the boy's shoulders. "Calm down." Minwoo looked at him with teary eyes. "I won't send you away... A friend of mine agreed on keeping you safe, here at the academy."

"...I..."

"It will be fine."

"I don't want to." Minwoo shook his head, wiping his eyes with his sleeves sloppily. "I want to stay with you..."

"Minwoo..." the vampire sighed and shook his head, not knowing how to comfort the boy. "H-hey..." he slowly wrapped his arms awkwardly around the sobbing minwoo. "...D-don't cry now..." he whispered, hugging him close. "...My friend will take care of you... You'll be fine..."

"But I want to stay with you... How do I know your cousin would be nice to me...?" Masquerade pulled back and smiled at him. 

"Don't worry... My friend is a nice person... You'll like him..." Minwoo sighed and sniffled.

"F-fine..." he wiped away his tears. "I'll g-go get my things..."

"Do you want me to help you...?"

"No...no need to..." Masquerade sighed, gazing at the ground, feeling guilty on the inside. 

"...S-so... I'll be off to class, then. My friend would be here to take you to his room.... " he turned back. "I'm so sorry, Minwoo..." he left the room. Minwoo sighed and glanced at the untouched tea and scones, frowning. He had prepared them for the vampire, hoping he would be happy with them. His chances of getting closer to him were big, but they were all destroyed by a simple piece of news. With a sigh, he proceeded to collect his belongings.

"Hello?" he heard a voice. It was slightly majestic, or so he called it, but was nonetheless soft and kind of happy. he turned to the source to see a Haruka-look-alike vampire, but with long hair. He was taller than Masquerade, and seemed to have a smile planted on his face. "Oh, are you Minwoo?" he smiled wider, holding out his hand. "Nice to see you. I'm Misashi Mikai, your new master." Minwoo's eyes went wide. 

"...Misashi...?!!"

_______________________________________________

That's all for now. I haven't updated in a long time, but study is study. It is a time-consumer. But here is the chapter. I'll try to make the next one longer.