Meeting Him

What Happens At Night

Chapter III

Hyunseong sat in his bed, taking deep breaths every five seconds. He remembered the note Minwoo left two days ago, on the day he disappeared. Their manager has informed the police this very morning, and they had not went to practice. None of them brought the subject up. Donghyun was so furious with Minwoo, and would lash out a harsh scolding at whoever talks to him.

"Hyung, you still awake?" he heard Kwangmin's sleepy, but concerned voice. The older just nodded. Kwangmin sighed. "Hyung, don't worry about Minwoo... Maybe he's just..." he paused. "..I don't know.. But He'll be fine...I hope.."

"I understand." Hyunseong smiled a little. "Go back to sleep, Kwangmin-ah. I'll be fine." Kwangmin smiled at him and nodded, going back to sleep soon after their mini conversation ended. Hyunseong, however, couldn't sleep. He was thinking too much. Maybe...Maybe if he just went to...

No, he shook his head. His band mates would worry even more. Rumours have already spread about their young rapper's disappearance. If something happened to him, it would become even worse.

But, it could be his only chance to know what really happened to Minwoo. Maybe if he finds him, they would both be able to come back. Or they may be both lost.

He was frustrated. All these thoughts running through his head made him feel even more worried and uncertain. He made up his mind then. Something had to be done about this issue.

And in the morning, he was gone.

"What do you mean?!" Donghyun yelled at poor Kwangmin, while the rest, now Youngmin and Jeongmin, watched the same scene repeat itself all over again, this time, without Hyunseong.

"He's gone, that's all I said." Kwangmin replied in a little harsh voice, but not too loud. "Why are you yelling at me like I kidnapped him or so?" The younger walked away, heading back to his room. Donghyun sighed in distress and sat on the couch, face buried in his hands, thinking deeply. Youngmin sat beside him carefully, keeping a bit of distance.

"...Hyung, it's-"

"No, Youngmin. It's not okay." Donghyun replied in a gentler tone, but still a lot distressed. "Minwoo has not been found. Who knows what happened to Hyunseong?" he buried his face in his hands again. "It's my job to watch out for you...I'm the leader..."

"Hyung..." Jeongmin sighed at sat on the other side of him. "We are worried too... Don't put all the pressure on yourself..." ha patted his back comfortingly. "You haven't gotten any sleep lately... You look so worn out."

"Jeongmin, I-"

"Hyung is right." Youngmin cut in. "You should get some rest first..." Donghyun sighed again and stood up, with Youngmin helping him, and headed to his room. Jeongmin followed them there. It was a matter of minutes before Donghyun fell asleep. The two sat  at the edge of his bed in silence.

"Hey..." Jeongmin began. "Do you think...something bad happened to them...?" Youngmin shook his head.

"I don't know... But..." he paused for a little while. "There has to be some kind of relation... But, what could that be...?"


"Come on, Minwoo. We need to get to the academy early. Masqurade hates waiting!" Yusa called from outside while Minwoo fell down for the fifth time while trying to get dressed. The outfit he was supposed to wear consisted of the white dress shirt, a pair of black formal dress pants, a dark blue waistcoat, black tailcoat and a dark blue bow. He slipped into his shoes at last, just as Yusa walked in.

"Yusa-san, I-"

"Oh, you look great! Let's go." He dragged Minwoo before he could say anything. They walked all the way to the academy again, headed straight to the principal's office. The principal left them there and said he would be fetching Masquerade himself. Yusa took a seat on one of the chairs, while Minwoo sat opposite to him.

"I'm feeling nervous..." The boy mumbled.

"Relax, it will go smoothly."

"You think? This Masquerade guy doesn't sound too nice to me..."

"If he thinks you are perfect, things will be fine. Just sit straight and keep your head up. Mind your manners when talking to him, use 'sir' when you are addressing him, and don't speak loudly. He doesn't like that in humans." Yusa went on with a lot of other things, while Minwoo just sighed. It was really hard for him to cope with that... 

"Please come in, Masquerade." They heard the principal's voice. The door creaked open and in walked the man, followed by the masked person Minwoo saw the other day. His lips were pursed together firmly, he walked straight to his chair by Yusa's side. The principal sat in his chair. "Masquerade, this is the human I wanted you to see." Masquerade's head turned to Minwoo, and Minwoo was sure that, if it wasn't for the mask, the vampire's gaze would have burned him down. "Human, would you please-"

"I know him... He's one of those people humans call 'Idols'..." Masquerade said quietly with an eerie tone. Minwoo shivered a little under his gaze. "...I do not intend to claim him..."

"But, he-" Yusa spoke, but his student cut in.

"I'm sorry..." he stood up. "But I already have a human that I have claimed..." he said firmly. Yusa looked at him in shock.

"You didn't tell me." he sighed. "But what about the human?"

"He can solve his own problems." the masked vampire made his way to the door. Minwoo quickly grabbed his arm.

"No please! I don't want the other vampires to feed on me, please!" he begged. "I need your help!" Masquerade glanced at him briefly and turned away again.

"...No..." he yanked his hand away. Minwoo frowned. 

"...Please... It's the only way I can be safe..." the younger sighed. "...Please...help me..." Masquerade glanced at him once again. Minwoo hadn't realized he was crying. His voice held so much distress and despair in it, and his tearful eyes all emphasized his situation. Masquerade sighed.

"What makes you sure I will not hurt you...?"

"Wha...?" Minwoo absolutely had no answer for that. Could it be he really believed Yusa's words? "i...uh..."

"...Fine..." Masquerade sighed again. "But until the human I claimed is here.. After that, you are on your own..." Minwoo smiled gratefully.

"Thank you." he bowed. "I will not be of any bother, I promise." A faint smile appeared on the vampire's lips but disappeared quickly. He walked to the door.

"Follow me." he left. Yusa sighed in relief.

"I'm glad he agreed." he smiled. "You better go after him. Good luck." Minwoo nodded at him with a smile.

"Thank you, Yusa-san." he bowed and left the room to find the vampire waiting for him.

"Come on, you have a lot to do today." he said in a harsh tone and walked away. Minwoo took a deep breath.

'Come on, Minwoo. You can do it.' he thought, walking after the masked vampire. Now that he was some kind of safe, he had some time to go on with the main reason he came for. To find his friend.

But would he be able to?

_______________________________________


Too short, but I'm sleepy, so this is all i can write for now. I never intended to make this a long one. I may have some time tomorrow to update, after I'm done with homework. See ya!