Weird

Dear Future Husband (under construction)

The main clock of Sang Won High school struck at 3pm. An announcement made by the principle to dismiss all the students. Teachers gave their final words and warnings about the homework while the learners busy packing up their things. In a flash, every inch of the school was covered by students that flocked out from their classrooms. They race straight towards the main gate. Not once sparing a last glance at the thing they despise the most- school.

 

 Across the hallway, where the school’s music room located, a certain junior high student was lost in his own world. Enjoying his sweet lone time with a grand old piano, obviously. The music room’s soundproof walls were not helping either. He had totally been swayed away by his own emotion, while his fingers danced nimbly on all the black and white keys. Creating a harmonic melody- as balanced as the yin and yang.

 

Jung kook let his soul wander for a few more moment before deciding to come back to earth. He pressed the very last key for the Pathetique Sonata, and let both his hand fell gracefully to the side. He never felt this peaceful before. Only with music, he managed to sort his heart out. He finally felt at ease.

 

Glancing at his wrist-watch a muted curse flew out. “Tae Hyung’s gonna kill me!”

 

He grabbed his bag and dash out. Before Jung kook could start to sprint any faster, someone grabbed his blazer by neck from behind. “Euck!!!” he let out a strangled yelp.

 

 “You’re late you know?”

 

“God, you gave me a heart attack!” Jung kook shoved the culprit aside. “Jimin must be waiting outside. Hurry up old geezer!” he recollect his steps again. Tae hyung pursed his lips in annoyance, “I spend nearly 20 minutes waiting you here. And you dare to call me old geezer?”

 

“Just hurry up!”

 

“Just hurry up!” Tae hyung mimicked back before tailing the younger. Just exactly like Jung kook said earlier. Jimin was currently leaning against the dusty wall of their school’s gate. Actually he’s dozing off. Tae hyung stopped Jung kook from waking him up.

 

With his signature oh-so-innocent-box-smile, “Let me handle this.” Jung kook folded both his arms and waited in anticipation. He’s betting his entire allowance for a year that Jimin would either fall flat on his face or accidentally smacking Tae hyung on his face.

 

The said silly boy crept beside Jimin as quite as possible. Not-so-kindly, he grabbed both his shoulder and shake Jimin, hard. Following his instinct, Jimin lift his left arm and it hit Tae hyung square on his nose.

 

“AOUCHH!!!” both of them exclaimed and tumbled on each other. And fell down together. Jimin on top of Tae hyung. “Demmit, Jimin you heavy pig. Get up!” Being called a pig Jimin grinded hard on Tae hyung’s back. “Serves you right, !”

 

They continued to bicker until Jung kook cleared his throat. “Hyungs, it’s great to watch you guys bicker and try to kill each other. But it’s getting late and I don’t want to miss my dinner with Granny. So, can we go now?”

 

“There goes our golden baby brother,” Jimin got up and s his right arm around Jung kook’s neck. “Let’s go. Leave this stupid guy alone.” Tae hyung was too engrossed in dusting off dirt from his bum. Jung kook chuckled. “Tae hyung hyung, hurry up. Let’s go before Jimin hyung really abandon you here.” With that said, the trio made their way home.

 

Technically, Tae hyung was a year older than Jung kook. But during Jung kook’s junior year in middle school, Tae hyung got held back for a year. Since then, they had been a good friend. Mostly Tae hyung was the one who threw all the efforts. Jung kook just awkward and he can’t do anything about that. Jimin tagged along a year later.

 

He was Tae hyung’s cousin who just moved from Busan to their neighborhood. So that summed up their friendships.

 

The trio was nearing their apartment when something pickued Jung kook’s attention. He was facing a store. A very old one. ‘Weird, I never noticed this shop?’ 

 

Jimin and Tae hyung who were far ahead, came back towards Jung kook’s side. “What’s the matter?” Tae hyung blurted. “I never noticed this shop here. Isn’t it new?” Jimin furrowed both his brows. “Never saw it too.”

 

“But Jung kook, you sure it’s new?” Tae hyung leaned towards the dusty glass door closer. “It looks REALLY old.” And creepy, he finishes off mentally. Three of them were busy inspecting the shop’s display glass. It was actually a doll shop.

 

But all Jung kook could see was, old and worn out dolls arranged not-so-neatly inside the display glass. But what taunted Jung kook the most was, how real the dolls expression were. Their eyes were calling to Jung kook. Although the colour was fading away, it seems real enough for Jung kook.

 

Jimin and Tae hyung were getting a real negative vibe. They shared a knowing look with each other before nudging Jung kook. “Hey, let’s go. It’s nearly 5 already.” Jimin voiced. “Yeah, and it seems to rain soon.” Tae hyung added as he saw big flock of black clouds above their heads.

 

“Hyungs go on first. I’ll just go home myself. Bye~” Jung kook waved and went inside the shop. Jimin and Tae hyung didn’t wait any longer. They held hands and dashed away. What a scaredy duo.

 

Meanwhile, the brave little Jeon Jung kook was mesmerized by the shop’s interior and decorations. It was a major eye candy for him. Very elegant and exclusive. It was totally his style. Apparently it was a double storey shop. The inside was poorly lit up. Just a few candles here and there on the counter and shelves and small bulb with very minimal lights were switched on. The walls were maroon in color and the carpets underneath his feet were black. Thick oak colored curtains hung up on every window available and not even a peek of sunlight made it through.

 

What captivated Jung kook the most was the dolls. There were hundreds, no maybe thousands of them. On shelves, on counter, scattered around on the carpets, arranged on the stairs, literally they were everywhere! Female, male, small, big, curvy, thin, you name it. There were all sorts of them.

 

One section got Jung kook’s attention. It may be the most well lighted section. Near the stairs, there was a shelve impaled to the wall. It was the biggest shelve among others Jung kook must say. At the center, there’s a female doll, sitting straight. Jung kook was standing so close that he could inspect every single detail from her face until her dress.

 

The doll was not bigger than his hand. She wore a loose floral dress. Jet black long hair braided in to two parts. But what struck Jung kook right in the gut was, the moment he landed his eyes on her, he felt very uneasy. But he can’t back away. The doll seems just sickeningly familiar for him.

 

Her round hazel eyes reminded him of his. Her straight pointy nose. Plush kissable little red lips. Thick coal black lashes. And her fair as snow porcelain skin. Both of her cheeks were tinted with real-like blush. Jung kook really can’t take his eyes from her. The doll herself, as if she’s staring straight into Jung kook’s confused soul. They were having a very… emotional battle. Conflict from the inside. Obviously for Jung kook though.

 

Subconsciously, the latter reached out his shivering hands towards the doll. He was having a mixed feeling. Of excitement, fear, anxious, sorrow, but mostly it was curiosity. Milimeteres away from the doll, someone grabbed his arm. Stopping him mid-air.

 

He glanced towards his left side. A tall, broad shouldered man was smiling at him sweetly. But his tight grip on Jung kook’s arm was telling him otherwise. “May I help you, Jeon Jung kook?”

 

Bewildered, Jung kook snatched his arm away. The man’s grip was no joke. “H-how do you know my name?” The said guy pointed to his nametag. “I must say that school’s over like 4 hours ago?” “Pardon, what?” The man once again pointed towards his old grand-father clock near the counter. It shows 7.

 

“Damn, it’s this late already? I- I’ll just get going. Sorry to interrupt you.” Jung kook his heel but got held back by the man again. “Why don’t you stay around just a little bit longer. It’s going to rain soon.” The younger boy was not convinced. “How’d you know it’ll rain?”

 

Said man just smirked and motioned towards the door. As soon as Jung kook held out his head from the entrance, it starts to downpour. He came back inside and the man was now standing behind the counter. “So, what brings a young student like you to my humble little shop?”

 

Jung kook pondered for a moment. “I… was just checking it out. Your shop looks, urm, interesting.” He prayed that he sounded honest enough. The man from over the counter laughed but quickly covered his mouth with his palm. An adorable sight Jung kook must admit.

 

“The name’s Kim Seok Jin. Jin is fine. I’m just fooling around. This is not my shop actually,” he dived underneath the counter and called for Jung kook. “You okay with chilled coffee?” A small okay from the younger and he came back to the surface. “Here ‘ya go. No worries, it’s clean.”

 

“Thanks.” He accepted the can sheepishly. He’s really awkward with strangers. Jin leaned over the counter, “Well I saw you were checking out one of our dolls just now. interested?”

 

Baffled, the young boy shook his head. “N-no. it’s nothing. I just thought that she looked real. You know, like a real person.”

 

“Creepy much?” Jin piped in.

 

Jung kook fidgeted. “Not really… I guess.”

 

“Her name’s Star. She’s quite special I must say,” Jin paused. “Special how?” Jung kook chimed in. Jin shrugged, “Apparently, Nam joon said that she was given to him by some stranger back when he was a kid. Since it’s a female doll, he kept her away inside the box and never once opened it. But somehow…”

 

“Ouh well, Nam joon’s here! Hey Joonie, can you give this little cutie a ride home? His parents must be worried sick!” Jung kook almost cursed his heart out when Jin just stop half way like that. Worst part was this Nam joon guy doesn’t look too welcoming like Jin.

 

He inspected Jung kook up and down before turning back to Jin. “Closing down already?” Jin nodded. “Let’s leave early for today. We can drop him off first and head home, okay Joonie? Those kids from upstairs are giving me headache. Especially when you’re not here!” he nagged.

 

Kids upstairs? Does someone live upstairs? Jung kook thought. “Well, come little one. We’ll you home.” Cut off from his trance, Jung kook bowed both in embarrassment and daze. “Ah, sorry to burden both of you.”

 

“No worries. Our Nam joon here loves to meet new people, isn’t he?” A small ‘piss off’ came from Nam joon as he exited the store.  Jung kook followed suit and Jin was the last to come out as he was locking up. A black Sedan was waiting for them outside. Jung kook noticed one thing though. Every light inside the store was turned off except for the one near the stairs.

 

“Get inside, Jung kook.” Nam joon called, and the dumbfounded boy compiled.

 

Less than 10 minutes of their silent ride, they reached Granny’s house. Apparently Tae hyung and Jimin was outside with Granny. Three white mugs in their grasp. Jimin and Tae hyung looked anxious whilst Granny was calm as always.

 

Nam joon parked a bit further from his actual house. And Jung kook was thankful for that. He bid goodbyes, sorry, and thank you to both of them. Jin chirped an ‘it’s okay’ while Nam joon don’t even give a damn.

 

After the automobile was out from his sight, he neared his house. Both Jimin and Tae hyung ran and clung onto him like koalas. “Where did you go, Jung kook? We’re all worried sick!” Jimin scolded. “Sorry hyungs. I was at the shop actually. When I was about to go home, it suddenly rained.”

 

Both friends exchanged a confused look. Jung kook brows arched. “What’s the matter hyungs?”

 

“It didn’t even rain this evening, actually.” Jimin stated.”Yeah, after we both went home. It started to sunny back. How come you said it’s raining?”

 

“What? No! it really did rained! I swear hyungs!”

 

Hearing the three of them arguing, Granny called them. “Boys, I guess that’s enough. Come let’s go inside.” They compiled. Granny ushered Jimin and Tae hyung upstairs first. “Jung kook, can I have a moment with you?”

 

They sat at the kitchen. Granny reheating a bowl of clam chowder and cutting up few slice of baguettes. Jung kook dived in as she placed the bowl and plate on the table. “Jung kook, where did you go this evening, honey?”

 

“I’m so sorry Granny. I lost track of time. I was checking out a new shop near our school actually. I’m so sorry if I made you worried.” Granny gave him a pat on the head. She still loves to treat Jung kook like a little boy. Technically, he’s still under age, so it applied.

 

“No worries Jung kook. But you need to promise me one thing. Don’t do it again, will you?” Jung kook solemnly nodded. “I’m sorry again, Granny.” Granny dismissed him happily and changed the topic. She’s sharing about what happened in the latest afternoon drama that Jung kook often missed due to school. And just like that, the once tense atmosphere went back to normal.

 

The duo who were spying from upstairs high-fived each other before retreating inside Jung kook’s room. Granny called and asks them to stay over with Jung kook for tonight. Granny knew that Jung kook really need other source of support besides her. Because she’s sensing that something is currently bugging that young man. And she hoped it’s not the thing that she dreaded the most. Hopefully not. 

 

 

@/n sorry i abandone this story AGAIN wahaha.. not proof read ignore all mistakes and i love you <3