Chapter 3

Times Between You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Sometimes reality will give you a hard slap on the face when things that you expected turns out to be the opposite.- 

 

Myungsoo only did standing on the bar side takes a sip on his drink despite the party was thrown for him. He didn’t care about people who kept asking him to dance with them. On his mind there was only one thing kept replaying, Gyul’s word that evening. SNAP! He heard camera snapshot in sudden. It was nearby so he quickly turned his face toward the sound. There was someone standing beside him using her phone to take photo of him.

“Oppa…” The person showed her face while putting down her phone. The person smiled brightly to Myungsoo.

“Ya Kang Jiyoung, what did you take photo at?” Myungsoo tried snatching her phone to take a look.

“Andwae…” Jiyoung hid her phone on her handbag. Myungsoo was still being persistent. “Araseo, I’m just taking picture of your trouble face.”

 

Jiyoung showed her phone to Myungsoo but didn’t let him to take it. "Yah... how come you still look this good even when you show troubled face?"

“What are you doing by taking my photo?” Myungsoo grumbled.

“I just want to take away your trouble.” Jiyoung told him what he used to tell her. Jiyoung stood closer. “You’re thinking so hard. What are you thinking about?”

“Something about Gyul.” Myungsoo let out his thought in no time. It was not the first time they talked about her.

“That eonni you always tell me? Did you meet her already? How is she now?” Jiyoung asked train questions.

Myungsoo only smiled bitterly.

“Did she have boyfriend already? Or she didn’t like what you used to know?” Jiyoung quickly recognized his expression but Myungsoo didn’t explain anything.

Jiyoung still stared at him waiting for a story.

“What does 'creep' mean?” Myungsoo asked.

Jiyoung creased her forehead. She didn’t understand either. Both of them were Kyopo (Korean who grow up outside Korea).

“Who said that to you? It didn’t sound like a good meaning.”

Myungsoo got silent again. He stared into the crowd.

 

“Is it what that eonni  say to you?” Jiyoung leaned on to bar and took a sip from Myungsoo’s glass. “So, it’s not working well when you meet her again? See, that’s what I said before; don’t be too excited, people change a lot in short time moreover eighteen years.”

Myungsoo didn’t want to hear Jiyoung. He walked away, but she followed.

 

“Oppa, where are you going?” Jiyoung trailed him behind.

“Away from your nonsense.”

“Are you upset at me?” Jiyoung was already used to Myungsoo who throwing temper. She could for that. “Why can’t you accept the reality?”

Myungsoo turned his body.

“Kang Jiyoung, once again I told you…” Suddenly he halted while he wanted to warn Jiyoung. His expression looked like seeing a ghost.

 

“Why do you look so surprised? What are you looking at… omo! They are there.” Jiyoung turned to her behind, then she saw familiar group just entered the club. She quickly hid behind Myungsoo.

“Gyul?” Myungsoo whispered low.

Jiyoung peered her face up. “Who? Gyul eonni is here? Where?” Jiyoung tried to search the person Myungsoo always described as Goddess but she couldn’t find it. Jiyoung’s eyes moved rapidly while kept in guard to avoid the group she knew.

 

“Which one is Gyul eonni? I don’t see someone like the girl in photo you showed me.” Jiyoung still hid behind Myungsoo’s back.

Myungsoo didn’t answer. He was staring at the person.

 

***

 

Gyuri walked in the club with Seungyeon and Sungjong, armed by clubbing attires; mini dress, high heels, heavy makeup. Gyuri moved in the front line while Seungyeon and Sungjong were looking around excitedly.

“Ya Gyuri(Team Leader), don’t be too upset. Smile a bit.” Seungyeon and Sungjong tried to cheer the upset Gyuri because they did pushing Gyuri to dress up like that when she didn’t want it.

No matter how hard Gyuri opposed the dress, both of them still won and succeed to make her to wear it. It was left Gyuri with upset expression.

Gyuri slapped Seungyeon’s hands away from her cheek.

 

“Eommo… eommo… is it L.Kim?” Seungyeon quickly recognized the host of party from faraway.

Sungjong came closer to Seungyeon’s angle to see the guy they were waiting to meet in person. “Oh my… he’s totally God’s perfect work art.”

“You’re right.”

Sungjong and Seungyeon looked at him in awe.

“Eommo, Gyuri ya, L.Kim is looking at our way.”

“Team Leader, I think he is looking at you.”

Both of them were restless. It was Gyuri who L.Kim looked at, but it was them who felt giddy.

Gyuri diverted her eyesight unwillingly to see how the guy they adored so much looked like. Gyuri felt into the deep gaze given by him.

Why he is looking at me like that?

“I think he likes you, Gyu.” Seungyeon nudged Gyuri’s elbow.

“Of course, it’s me, Park Gyuri.” Gyuri flicked her hair behind.

“Yeah, your beauty is still alive despite your age and bad personalities, Park Gyuri.” Seungyeon mocked her, but Gyuri didn’t care.

“I think we should go there, we still have our project to do, don’t we?” Gyuri confidently walked to L.Kim.

 

Seungyeon and Sungjong followed her along. They still made a fuss about L.Kim that maybe liked Gyuri. It would make their project easier to be done.

“It’s time for you to find new guy, Park Gyuri. One stone two are done; work and love life. You didn’t need to be die old lonely.“ Seungyeon kept teasing Gyuri.

“Stop that, Han Seungyeon.” Gyuri pushed Seungyeon.

“Why? Don’t say that you want to die old while staring at your drama idol? Those hot guys in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter