Chapter 9

Times Between You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- It's always hard when you've known a person a long time and then you have to recognize that you have nothing left in common but your memories. But, how if even your memories doesn't even match? -

 

Did Gyuri say it already? That L.Kim was really punctual person? When he said ten, he did expecting Gyuri to be ready at that time. For God's sake, when he came, Gyuri was far from being ready. 

She was in panic mode. Didn't know what to wear. No, she didn't intend to impress L.Kim. She didn't want to look pretty for him. Okay, it was a little bit true. But, it was not because she liked him already. She only did it out of courtesy for being asked out by famous handsome photographer (quoting from Seungyeon). She also did it for her self. She didn't want to look bad in public place.

 

"Finally," it was L.Kim's comment when she turned up from her house. A little bit running down the stairs. "Be careful. You don't need to run. It's dangerous."

Gyuri's heart skipped a beat. Oh God, Park Gyuri, it seemed like you have been absent from dating too long. How could something like this make you felt a flutter?

Gyuri tried to look unfazed as she walked to enter the car, but what she heard next made her pout secretly.

"It will not make difference. We already left behind the schedule."

How could someone like him act sweet and annoying at the same time? But, she didn't want to complain since it was her fault to be late.

The ride didn't like yesterday. Today, Gyuri came prepare. She had some list of question to be asked. She came along for work, you know? It was what L.Kim said to her. So, she didn't want to waste a chance to conduct an interview. She asked some basic question about his work, liked what was his plan about the exhibition, why he chose to hold down the event in Seoul, why he only comeback to South Korea after a long time lived abroad.

***

 

"For keeping a promise," that was what his answer for the questions Gyuri asked last.

"Can I ask what promise?"

Myungsoo stared at him deeply. Thinking about if he told her, would she knew it that he was Kkam-Kkam? The stare lasted for a minute before he answered her. 

"A promise with someone who taught me how to see life behind photo frame. I promise her that I will come back."

It seemed like his stare made Gyuri didn't know where to stare. She kept avoiding to match her stare with his. So, when he diverted his sight, Myungsoo could catch a glimpse sight of Gyuri blew a relief sigh, but it was only for a second.

Gyuri tried to change the situation with a playful comment. "Her? Is it a girl? First love?" Gyuri teased. If only she knew that what Myungsoo talked about was her.

Myungsoo chuckled. "Maybe."

"She must be someone important to you," however Gyuri concluded it as that after seeing Myungsoo's soft smile whenever he mentioned the person who he had promised with. He nodded in agreement.

 

"So, since you're back, are you dedicating on-coming exhibition for her too?" Gyuri had seen some of Myungsoo's work last night while doing quick research about him. She could said that it was kind of impressive, how could a photograph contained such of emotion.

Myungsoo raised one of his eyebrow. "I want to but I won't do that. If I said she is the one who inspire me, she probably will hit and tell me to stop the nonsense."

"Why?" Gyuri didn't understand the point of view of girl Myungsoo talked about.

"If you, would you like if someone did something and said it was dedicated for you?" Myungsoo asked back. He smiled as he challenge her. Myungsoo remembered the time once he did something for Gyuri before and as result Gyuri yelled at him and told him not to do it anymore.

"Before you do something for someone, you should do that for your self first. Are you happy doing something like that?"

 

"Of course, I will happy if there's someone dedicating his latest work for me. Moreover those were beautiful pieces of art," Gyuri answered. "She is kind of weird girl for not appreciating that."

Myungsoo laughed loud when he heard Gyuri's answer which contradicting with her word in the past. "Maybe this time she will change her mind about it since she already changed so much from way back then."

"I don't think so. People don't change, L.Kim. They are only trying to fit the society. Life."

"Really? Then, I think I hate her way to fit society."

"Why? It is a way for survival."

"I still don't like it. She turned to be a weird woman."

"How weird she became? Does she grow a horn or tail?"

"Not really a horn or tail, but her tongue seemed like cursed to spit out poison everytime she talked." Myungsoo observed Gyuri from head to toe before he talked again, "but, I think she still have a potential to back to her past self."

"Then I hope you'll have a good luck on it."

***

 

They arrived at Everland in no time while talking. It might be because the talk between them was pretty intense.  That was why time passed unknowingly. Once they bought ticket for both (of course in dutch pay way, Gyuri wouldn't let someone paid for her), they tried out several attractions while L.Kim took some pictures rarely. Gyuri didn't know why he didn't take much picture when it was his intention first. But, Gyuri didn't ask it. She let L.Kim did his work while her mind wondering arround.

When the last time she came to this place? It was when she came with Seungyeol some years ago. Yes, even though his coffee preference was more on bitter side, Seungyeol's personality sometimes was part of childish side. He liked to play like a child. He used to bring her out to amusement park. He said it was for stress releasing. 

 

Snap! While she was drowning into her thought, Gyuri heard a camera sound and when she turned her head, she found L.Kim was taking her picture.

"Why are you taking my picture?" Gyuri blocked the camera view with her hands.

"Because you looked sad."

"What? Let me see what kind photo you're taking on me." Gyuri charged forward to take over the camera from L.Kim hands, but he dodged it.

"It's not a bad photo, trust me." L.Kim brought his camera higher than his head to prevent Gyuri took it.

"I knew that you're a good photographer, but I don't like someone took my pictures like that. Give me that!" L.Kim seemed didn't have intention to give her his camera. Gyuri jumped to reach out but failed.

Why is this guy so tall? Gyuri suddenly felt that she was really short even when she already wore her heels.

"Argh(Ouch!)" Gyuri unintentionally stepped on L.Kim's foot. They lost balance. L.Kim hugged her unconsciously as he tried to find something to hang on from falling.

"Sorry," L.Kim quickly released her once he realized where he put hand on.

"All right," Gyuri moved further. The uneasy feeling was risen against her heart. "Aish, it is really uncomfortable," Gyuri mumbled while softly patted her chest and looked away.

 

She stayed like that for seconds before turned back to L.Kim. "Let me take a look on my picture. I won't erase it, I swear," she said it with an authority.

L.Kim was taken back for a moment but the he showed his camera display to Gyuri. "It was really nothing beside this was a pretty shot."

"Why are you only taking these kind photos?" Gyuri meant for L.Kim's photograph theme. He took sad and negative expressions, but inside the photo somehow Gyuri felt that there was some happiness hide to be found out.

"Because I want to take that time from them. Leave them only with the happiness."

"Huh?"

"For me, being photographed means that your time is taken. The photo framed and preserved that time of yours for you, so when you see the photo back you can remember times that you have passed and be glad that you manage to get through it. "

"But, why only negative expression?" Gyuri understand the explaination but she still didn't get about the theme.

"If I took your trouble away from you, then you'll be only left with positivity. That's what girl who grew up with me said."

Gyuri's mouth was ajar, for a second she thought it was such a fool thought. How could only a photo could gave you such a meaning, but she didn't want to crush the photographer's idealism for now. That's why she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter