Chapter 13

Times Between You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- It was pointless to have an umbrella.

That’s how much it rained.

The highway was clogged up like my heart.

Our love was torn apart on top of that.

I tried to sew together the pieces.

But I just met with failure.

Then I suddenly thought of you.

Do you still play back that day like me?

Do you still shed tears like me?

Or have you forgotten someone like me and started a new love? I’m curious tonight.

Girl remember, you probably don’t know – 

That day, I was going home but I thought should I go back to you?

Should I call you out again? Should I just hug you first?

You don’t know how long I thought about it - VIXX LR Remember

 

If only you hold on to me once… I ask you for one time, but, you chose to let me go on the first try.

A painful grunt filled the air inside the darkness of the place. In some corner that was darker. Some sweats rolled down the skin. He gritted hard to stand the ache in his heartburn. The pain was almost unbearable. That seemed like would kill him in every second more. No, he should endure it. Then, his phone rang liked an attention diversion. He tried to reach out for the phone blindly. Swept over the cupboard surface to find the things.  PRANG! His hand unintentionally shoved off the glass there.

 

“Yoboseyo.” He answered with hoarse voice after a while. He almost couldn’t recognize his own voice.

“Are you okay? You sound awful.” It was another man’s voice.

“I’m fine. Why are you calling?”

“I just want to check on you since it’s been some days you’re not coming. Are you sure you don’t want me to come?”

“I’ll be okay tomorrow. Just need some rest.”

That must be a lie. His pain now was never near to fine definition, but he should say it. He didn’t want someone pitied him. He had it enough. That’s not what he wanted to hear or needed. The only thing that he wanted was that. That one person. He knew that he was being selfish, but it was his last resort.

***

 

It had been weeks. Gyuri was doing fine after that night. She got along with Kkam-kkam fine. She got over the facts that Kkam-kkam was L.Kim too. Gyuri thought to forget everything happened between her and Myungsoo before. He was Kkam-Kkam, no more than it. Nothing could change that. But, sometimes she enjoyed the male’s presence inside her house. She got someone to talk with, eat together, and sometimes someone to watch television drama with her. Occasionally, she would come up to second floor to talk with Myungsoo when she got home just to tell him what happened on her days or to do some work with him. Remembered? She still in changed for the exclusive article of L.Kim.

 

It was almost complete. She didn’t even feel lonely by had no one to talk with. If only Seungyeon started to talk with her again. She could talk about anything, her adventures with men or that novelist. Gyuri would hear it out. But, she didn’t talk to Gyuri other than about work. Same with the other people in the team, but they originally never talked much with her. Not Dongwoo too. He also put distance to her since the start.

“Don’t trust me either, Gyuri.” It was his warning in the past. He constantly told her that every time Gyuri wanted them to talk anything other than work matter. She took it as he wanted to separate work life and casual life perfectly. To gave their relation some personal space. Gyuri understood it and that was what she applied in hers too.

The only time Dongwoo reached out her for something other than work matter was that night when Gyuri was left alone. It was the rarest time that Dongwoo looked care and worried. He invariably smiled all the times, angry or happy. No one could guess his true feeling, but that night was the exception. Gyuri wondered why he did it, but the person told her that sentences again and being unreachable like his usual side.

Did Sungyeol tell him anything on that night? Talking about Sungyeol, now Gyuri realized he was nowhere to be seen lately. Normally, he would come to her every day and tried to talk with her. Fixed things between them and as usual Gyuri would act cold upon the attempt. Was he busy?

 

“Like it is my business.” Gyuri soon scoffed at herself for thinking about such thought. Back to work.

She tried to focus on her article about Myungsoo. She completed her interview already then the only thing she needed to do was finishing the work. Picking a good title and catchy lines to highlight Myungsoo’s word. Oh she shouldn’t forget to figure out great layout and photos of Myungsoo for the article. Several days ago, she asked Sungjong to take photo of Myungsoo in studio and his daily life. Sungjong was superb happy when he was asked to do it.

 

“Team leader,” someone called her attention. It was Jiyoung.

“Yes, what?”

“Manager called you to his office.” Speaking of the devil. It was just a moment ago Gyuri thought about him, and then he was appeared in no time.

“Why? Did he say anything about it?”

Jiyoung shook her head. Gyuri sighed and prepared to meet him. She should take her article draft and progress rep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter