◆◇ teaser one

◆◇ M O N G R E L -- s q u a d ◇◆ {Apply Open!}
"Call in the hounds"
cause now, this is war.
 It was a procession of choking agony, moving at a crawling pace as a parade of flat monochrome. It was as if the world had been put on pause and had simply allowed the relentless onslaught of downpouring rain to simply bleed away all of the color and vibrance from the world as a whole. Gam Jinuk stood somberly, one of many officers in uniform present at the funeral for one of their own. The turn out was large, he had expected nothing less really, even if Joohyuk hadn’t been so exceptionally well liked by both his colleagues and even a number of the criminals on the street, Jinuk would have expected that most would be attempting to kiss by attending the funeral for their resident Chief of Police’s own son-in-law.

The rain only added to the mood, the sky seeming to crack open and weep in agreement to the broken and muffled sobs that he could hear his beloved daughter making not even three feet away from him. His eyes scanned over the large and swaying collective canopy of black umbrellas of those present, and did a double take as his gaze rode over the faces in the back, briefly making eye contact with a face he had not been expecting to see present.

Oh Sangjoong had not been one of the detectives with whom he would have pegged to have decided to show up. Quite the contrary, Sangjoong and Joohyuk had actually heads rather regularly and their last exchange had been anything but civil or pleasant.

He acknowledged the curt and shallow inclination of the other man’s head, before the voice of the reverend carried over the rain and otherwise hushed gathering of people in the graveyard. The funeral itself had already been completed, this was simply the burial.

Try as he may, Jinuk couldn’t seem to keep focused on the solemn and concise words being spoken, mentions of “beloved husband” and “a true loss for the city” seemed to swell and pass over him like waves rushing to break on their approach to the shore. All he had eyes for at the moment was his three year old grandson, still too young to fully grasp the situation as the little boy's head swiveled around in confusion.

It was only when they began lowering Joohyuk's coffin into the ground that the little boy began to show any amount of distress. Jinuk, along with several onlookers from the first few rows of mourners, turned their attention on the little boy who was now desperately clutching and tugging on the long sleeve of his mother's black trench coat. 


"Mommy! Mommy why are they putting Daddy down there?!" the boy's tugging became more insistent as he continued, "Daddy still needs to fight the bad guys! He told me so! Stop them, they can't do this to daddy!"

Jinuk watched as what little composure that remained with his daughter crumbled, and he was by what remained of his family's side before her knees even hit the soaked ground. Even as his mother collapsed next to him, little Jaehwan continued his protests, finally turning to appeal to his grandfather, fat tears rolling down his chubby little cheeks. Jinuk gently helped his daughter back to her feet, allowing her to lean heavily against him. He could feel his chest seemingly tighten as his grandson began to wail, tiny little fists clutching tightly to the material of his uniform and refusing to look in the direction where his father's remains had been lowered into the ground.

The first volley of shots that set off the beginning of the three volley salute caused his grandson to violently flinch, his loud wails quieting into soft, hiccupping whimpers. The second round was followed immediately by the stuttering sob from his daughter, Minji. It was soft, but as he strained his hearing, he realized she was repeating a simple phrase over and over again.

"Please, please no."
----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
The official burial ended after Joohyuk's coffin was fully recovered with the freshly tilled soil, leaving a fresh grave marked by the immaculate and brand new marble headstone. Jinuk had exchanged respectful nods towards several of the prominent individuals present, sighing gruffly when he noted Inspector Kim Taehyun lingering hesitantly a small distance away from where the three generations of Gams remained, even after people had begun to trickle out of the cemetary, almost as if too afraid to come and join them in what was just as painful of a loss.

Jinuk had not expected one of the lingering individuals to be none other than the force's resident mad dog, Oh Sangjoong. There was something dark sparking in the other male's eyes as he quietly stood and looked on at the fresh grave, and for the first time Jinuk was not offput in the slightest by it. On the contrary, he reveled in it, welcomed and recognized the sensation building within him for what it was. 

The burning desire for vengeance.

Joohyuk would be avenged, and this murderer was going to pay for their crimes. He would make sure of it.

   
 
AUTHOR NOTE : I , I'm sorry guys. Here's a lame teaser to try to appease how long it took me to make two reviews. LOL.
In other news, I seem to only ever write anything of decent substance after the hour of 1am for whatever reason. Sorry if this makes even less sense than usual. ; ;
.