CHAPTER 1

TOHEART

 1

When my eyes fluttered open, the raindrops were splattering on my window. We were moving out today. But I haven’t pack anything. This was the fifth time we’re moving out since we last settled down in Quaver. Although it had occurred to me often due to my father’s job, I still couldn’t get used to it. Mad. Upset. Depressed. I’m having a rather mixed emotions right now.

I groggily sat on my bed and rubbed my eyes, trying to brush the sleepiness off. Once I fully awoke, I took a glance at the messiness that I made yesterday. The stuff that I’m planning to bring with me were scattering all over the place.

I grabbed my luggage and tucked in my belongings not to forget the books that my parents bought for me and everything I could.

I still remember when we moved out for the second time. I managed to make new friends and spent a lot of time together only to leave them. I locked myself in the room overnight, ignoring my parents who had been knocking for hours. I had no intentions to talk to my parents for a week. I hate them for torturing me this way. Right after the incident, I preferred to be a lone wolf and filled my time by reading.

“Haven’t you pack your things yet?” Mom asked, interrupting my thoughts. Her head popped out from the door and shrugged as soon as she saw what had I done.

“I still have a few things to bring,” I replied. My vision goes blurry and my nose get stuffy. I could hardly breathe as it’s suffocating me. As I closed my eyes, tears poured down.

Mom sad beside and leaned forward to wipe my tears. Then, she hugged me as if the sadness would shift into her.

“Mom, I’m sick of it!” I said. Not long after, tears are streaming down my cheeks.

The warm of Mom’s body comforted me. Her hands pleasantly patting my back as I spat out everything.

“I know you're strong! Believe me things will get better. But hey, we still have a house to live while the other kids don’t have one.” Mom’s words stabbed my heart. Yeah. That’s true. I was fortunate that I have everything I want and I shouldn’t take it for granted. Thankful is I must be.

“Thanks mom!” I beamed before we packed all the things together.

Once everything was packed, I went downstairs for breakfast. Dad was already at his seat when I arrived.

“Good morning, Josh!” Dad cheerful voice resonated the dining room. He’s trying so hard to look happy. What I could feel just a futile hope by the way he was looking at me.

“Good morning!” I replied. I pulled the chair and reached for a plate. Crying had put me into starving.

“Has everything ready?” Dad asked, aware that I’m still silent.

I nodded and plastered a smile. Then, I stuffed another bite of sandwich into my mouth.

Afterwards, we crammed our stuff into the boot and headed to our journey. I threw one last glance at our old house. Keeping all the doleful memories inside my mind.

I rested my body at the back of the seat while watching the trees from the window. Passing people who leisurely strolling at the footpath. Then, there was one thing that caught my attention, the park. It looked normal as I’ve seen it near my house previously. But somewhere deep inside, I feel agitated as if it’s calling me.

I couldn’t help to be impressed by the breathtakingly beautiful sceneries that I captured. I felt better at least for now. Nature works so good. Mom told me that she had enrolled me to new school. As usual, I’m not looking forward to it.

It’s already night, when I saw a building emerged from the woods. Knowing that we finally reached at our new house in Goldwing. I was hoped that our new house would look something urban with a sprinkle of futuristic architecture here and there as its name. What I could personally say that it totally out of my imagination. It was more to country-like house with a veranda that we can enjoy our tea time with a better view of sunset. For the first time, I liked it.

I dragged myself out from the car and carried my things. It was cold outside. Dad was discussing something with the former owner of this house while Mom still in the car. I made myself in and switch on the lamp. The house was empty but there were a few of paintings hung on the wall. I tried to figure out the initial but a part of it was worn out.

I picked my own room at the upstairs and put my bags aside. There was a huge bookshelf beside the window. I made a mental note to fill all my books in the shelf. Without further ado, I heaved my body on the bed and conked out.

Next morning, I wore my clothes and got ready for school. Mom asked if I want to go with her but I refused. Actually, I had planned something else. Instead of going to school, I headed to the park that I saw yesterday. Besides, school is only for temporary and it's worthless. There was a blockade of trees that concealed us from the hustle and bustle from the city along the way.

It took me 20 minutes to relocate the park. I was fascinated by the pleasant meadow as I stepped on the ground. The smell of the grass was overwhelming. As I walked by, the blowing wind gently ruffling my hair. It had more people compared to yesterday. Some were jogged around and some were sitting on the wooden bench with a newspaper. The kids giggled as they were pushed at the back on the swing. Then, I noticed a painting on an easel standing near a tree. It got the same initial like the paintings in my house and thought that it was the perfect time to guess the artist so I peered closer. 

“What are you doing?”

I stifled in distraught.
___

Author's note: It took me a whole week just to complete the chapter. I'm completly annoyed when I get stuck often. Anyway, If you have a suggestion or two. Feel free to comment below. Thank you for subscribing. ^^ 

Status: Edited 5:31 PM 27/8/2015