Chapter One

Trust Me

"Why are you working all the time?"

I chuckled at a my friend's pouty expression.  "Because I don't want to stay home doing nothing, I would have too much time on my hands."  I was cleaning the counter at the back of the coffee house I worked at.  It wasn't busy at the moment since it was between lunchtime and the end of work for most people, the times when people are hustling to get their last work in before clocking out.  My close friend Yeri from college visits me since she "has nothing better to do", as she says.  She got her degree in fashion design, but she didn't have much luck in finding an internship yet.  She works part time at a local supermarket, the graveyard shift every other day with weekends off.

"Yeah, but you never go out or anything, Ara!  When was the last time you went to a club or a party?" she asked dramatically.

"Uh, never?" I looked up the top right corner of my vision, a habit I have for when I'm thinking or remembering something.  "I haven't been to a party since my high school graduation party, and I don't like going to clubs because I don't like the idea of dancing with sweaty people hooking up and grinding on each other while drinking alcohol and making stupid life decisions," I said honestly.  "I'm not about that life."

"Not all clubs and parties are like that, Ara, you're overreacting," Yeri clarified.  "You might find find a great guy to date there."

"I would find my type of guy at a bookstore or library, not a club," I said.

"Ok, what kind of guy is your type?"  She leaned back in her seat, clasping her fingers behind her head.  "I'm listening."

I smiled as the idea of the perfect boyfriend popped into my head as I stopped scrubbing the counter and leaned on that arm in thought.  "My type of guy..." I said, breathing out a sigh.  "Sweet, caring for his girlfriend, rarely ever gets angry, trustworthy, gets jealous every once in a while but not enough to be furious, a good cook.  The type of guy that would get tongue-tied every time he would ask you out on a date at first, but gets bolder once you get comfortable in your relationship.  He won't mind watching dramas with you, and teases you with your favorite guy actors."  I blush at my next statement.  "Actually makes love to you rather than just has with you."  I then sigh heavily and resumed scrubbing the counter.  "But such a guy doesn't exist, and I'm just not looking for a relationship now."

Yeri was gaping at me with her judging eyes.  "You're not looking for a relationship yet you have a fantasy like that?  Plus, didn't you say that you wanted to be married and have kids by age 25?  You're 21 years old for crying out loud!  If you want to be in a committed relationship and marry someone, you have to start dating now!"

I shrugged and sat across from her.  "I'm still stabilizing myself, and I'm too busy with my work.  I want a stable job before I want to date.  If I do well enough at this hospital and continue my schooling, they'll offer me a position."

Yeri just stared at me.  "You're so boring.  Why are we friends again?"

I chuckled.  "Because I give you great advice and can actually put up with you."

"Right...  And you’re gonna put up with me again," she perked up, dropping the end of her orange-brown hair she was picking at.

"Why?" I cocked an eyebrow.  That's never good news for me.

"Come with me to a club tonight, just this once," she begged.

"Yeri, I told you.  Besides, dancing isn't my thing," I groaned.

"You don't have to dance, girly!  When I'm done with you, all you'll have to do is show up through those doors and just strut your stuff.  Then all the boys in the room will be at your fingertips."  Her eyes were sparkling, probably with the idea that she was forming in her mind.

I couldn't say no to her when she had that expression.  I really hate not letting her do what she's passionate about, and right now she's being a hell of a lot passionate.

"Come on Ara, please?" she begged me.

"Fine, I'll go," I gave in.  "But just this once!"

"Yay!  This is gonna be amazing!" Yeri beamed in victory.  "Come to my apartment after you get off from work, I'm gonna give you a makeover."  Before I could protest, she was already out the door, excitedly throwing "goodbyes" at me

Well, it doesn't sound too bad I guess...

 

Someone help me from this girl.

I was at Yeri's place after work, getting ready for our night at the club.  And this girl was a little too prepared for me.  As soon as I walked through the door of her bedroom, she threw herself at me.

"I've already planned your entire outfit, plus a backup just in case you don't like the first one," she informed me.  And that's when she set to work.  She gave both of us facials, painted our nails, and let me shower in her bathroom.  When I was out, she brought me back into her room, the full size mirror covered.

"I don't want you to look until I'm done with you," she said.  She took the dress she picked out for me off the hanger and helped me into it.  The dress was a dark burgundy red in color and had a cut out near the bottom.  "You're awfully curvy and you've got a nice S-line, to the point where even I'm jealous, so I thought you would look best in a nice bodycon dress.  It's off the shoulders because you have to show off that collarbone girl.  Plus you have perfect honey legs, so it's only down to your thigh."

"I feel super uncomfortable already,"  I said monotonously.

"Just trust me, you'll look amazing," she hushed me.  "I've never seen you dress up so this is big."

She then took a blow dryer and a curling iron to my hair and started pulling out her makeup.  She stood above me, scrutinizing my face.  "You don't need a lot actually.  You just need concealer for those dark circles, eyeliner, natural eyeshadow, and lip tint really."  After that, she set to work on her canvas.

When she was done, she placed a pair of peep-toe leather platform wedges at my feet.  "I'm gonna die tonight," I groaned.  In more ways than just heels.

"No you're not, I already put gel insoles for the balls of your feet in there so your feet won't hurt," Yeri assured me.

I stood up, a little shaky at first since I've never worn platforms before, but after walking a few laps up and down her room, I got the hang of it.

After adding a black choker, silver earrings, and a matching bracelet, she threw a black clutch purse at me.  "Ready for the reveal?" she asked excitedly, hands on the sheet covering the mirror.

No.  "Sure," I responded.

She pulled the sheet off, making me gasp at my reflection.  I couldn't believe that the girl in the mirror was me, because the girl in the mirror was gorgeous.  The dress hugged her deep curves and showed her collarbone.  The light makeup made her face look flawlessly natural.  Her long hair was now wavy to the middle of her back.  The heels accentuated her perfect legs, not not too thick and not too skinny.

"Well?" Yeri snapped me out of my trance.  "What do you think?"  She was beaming with anticipation.

I was gaping like a fish, nothing to say.  "What do I think?" I finally voiced, turning to the sides slightly.  "I look great!"

Yeri squealed.  "I knew you would love it!  I'm a genius!"  She grabbed her own purse and slipped into her heels.  "Now let's go!  There's a club right down the block that we're going to."

We walked out of her apartment building and down the street to a building with brightly lit signs on the front.  Inside was crazy.  The bass was pumping inside of my chest to the beat of house music, and the bright lights were flashing everywhere in the room.  Everyone was either on the dance floor or at the bar.

Yeri pulled my hand.  "Come on, let's go dance."  She tugged me towards the densely packed crowd.  "Wait," she stopped.  "If you drink and you need to get out of here but you can't find me, just crash at my place, you know the code.  But since I might come home with a guy, sleep on the couch, got it?" she explained.  I nodded in response.  "Then let's get this party started!"  She enthusiastically pulled me into the pit of dancing people.

I held her back.  "I ain't dancing, crazy girl."

She blinked at me.  "You need a drink, that's what you need."  She then pulled me in the opposite direction towards the bar.  "You need a shot of something just to get a little happy."

She got a shot for both of us.  After shouting "kkeonbae," we both downed our shots, me with a little bit of difficulty.

"You need to loosen up girl," Yeri went on.  "Come on, just chill.  Let all that rigidity just float away."

The effect of the alcohol set in.  After a few minutes, the music didn't seem so bad.  The straight rigid lines started disappearing and started melding into each other.  I knew I had an extremely low tolerance for alcohol, hence the reason I don't frequent bars or parties.

"You ready?" Yeri asked when she saw my expression change.

I blinked.  "What the hell, let's go for it," I responded.  I followed her into the black hole of dancing club-goers.  I joined in with Yeri, who dancing in a way that would somehow attract a guy to the two of us.  I followed, doing something similar to what she was doing and swayed my hips a little more extra than necessary.

I then felt a pair of hands draping around my waist.  Before I could turn around, the owner's voice sounded in my ear.  "Just keep doing what you were doing before," the voice came into my ear low and raspy.

I followed his lead on my hips, realizing that this technically counted as grinding on a guy.  Yeri was watching me with her back to me, giving me a thumbs up and a mischievous smirk.

While I was looking away from her, I caught the gaze of a handsome man from the entrance of the club.  I noted his medium brown hair, his long fringe was up revealing his forehead and eyebrows scrunched in concentration.  I followed the oval curve of his face down to his full lips.   His eyes were watching my every move, like a hawk.  He was on the phone with someone, but he was frozen in place just watching me.  Our gazes stayed locked like that, as if there was no one else around us.  Even the bass of the blaring music seemed to be muted as we stared at each other.

I felt the one of the guy's hands go farther south towards my thighs, snapping me out of my trance.  "Why don't I buy you a drink?" he asked, sliding his hands up to my arms to pull me to the bar.

As I sat down, my eyes went back to the entrance where the other man was, only to find that he wasn't there anymore.  I tried searching for him, but the sea of people hindered my success.

My dancing partner came back with a shot of a clear drink.  "Thanks," I muttered to him.

He stared me in the eyes as I drank it in one shot.  "What's a pretty little Good Girl like you doing here?" he asked me with a smirk..

"A friend, a really good friend," I answered.  I felt a little lightheaded.  I figured that the lights and the music were finally getting to me.

"You must really love that friend for you to get out of your shy little shell and go completely backwards," he went on.

I nodded in agreement, but then a headache came on.  That's not a good sign, I thought.  "I'm gonna step out for a second, I need a little air."  I got up and carefully walked out of the club.  Once I was outside, I breathed in the night air in an effort to ease my headache.  Strangely, it just worsened.  I had to brace myself against the wall to keep myself up.  The floor was spinning around me and I felt sick.

"It'll go away soon, you're just gonna fall asleep for a little while."

I lifted my head slightly to meet the predator eyes of the same guy I was dancing with earlier.  My head was starting to get too hazy to say anything back.  I was trying to fight the wall of sleep crashing in.  I had nowhere to run.  I knew what was coming next after this, and I refused to give in to it.  I was not going to be one of those girls, a victim, but I wasn’t sure how.

Someone else came up next to me and held me gently around my waist, as opposed to the man in front of me.  "I'm taking her home tonight, you can just lay off and find a to do your bidding, you horn dog," his voice came out fierce.

I couldn’t open my mouth to speak and tell him off, but I was still grateful that he was helping me.  The last thing I remembered was that the other guy scoffed and went back inside, shoving my hero purposely in the shoulder, and I stumbled back off my feet.

 


 

A/N: So that was the first chapter~ I hope you guys enjoyed it.  I'll be posting a chapter a day, so you guys won't have to wait too long.  Now I must go to sleep.  I have a doctor's appoinment early in the morning and I could feel that my muscles are completely sore from doing Bangtan choreo as exercise today.  Love you guys~ I'll see you tomorrow with a new chapter!