t h r e e

Cupid's Curse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Normally, if you asked Jeonghan if there was anything in the world he feared the most, he would reply something like heights or darkness. However, as he sat in class next to Mingyu, if you asked what he would fear the most, it would be a beauty contest. Which is kind of weird, if you think about it, because he's a guy; guys don't get into those sort of things, right? Wrong. That was what Jeonghan thought too up until he entered Carat Academy and found out that hey, beauty contests here are a thing! And they're all guys, too! Which makes it kind of questionable until he found out it started because of the famed Junhui himself. 

"He got really popular and he wanted everyone to know it," Mingyu recalled. "Hence, the Prettiest Student award thing. We just vote and stuff. He's usually the only nominee, which is just how he likes it so he always wins. Nobody else dares to say they're prettier than Junhui anyway."

He paused, grinning at Jeonghan again.

"But this year, with you here, I bet someone will nominate you and you're gonna win."

"Please don't say that," Jeonghan whined. "I'd really rather not have anybody notice me. Or look at me, even. I most definitely do not want to be nominated for a beauty contest."

Mingyu shrugged, "good luck with not getting noticed, new kid. You're gonna have to introduce yourself in front, you know. Everybody will see through your messy hair and well, messy clothes too, and see the beauty underneath all this... negativity. You look like a girl."

"I am not a negative person," Jeonghan rolled his eyes at the comment. "I'm not, really, it's just... everything about the Prettiest Student award sounds like a stupid idea."

"Because you'll win."

"I didn't say that," Jeonghan argued back, face flushed at the thought.

"If you won't, then why so scared of being nominated?" Mingyu pressed on.

Jeonghan sighed, "long story, Mingyu. Save it for another day."

"Alright, but you owe me then," he grinned. 

The sound of loud chattering just outside the room caught both of their attention. Jeonghan didn't notice when students started piling inside the classroom, but there were definitely more people than before. More seemed to entered- a group of 4 or 5 suddenly crowded the entrance and Jeonghan heard Mingyu sigh.

"You'll be seeing Junhui soon," Mingyu pointed to the group of students. "That's his group. Rich kids. Good looking too, I guess."

Jeonghan watched in fascination as they all neatly fell into the front row

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter