Chapter 4: Budget Cuts

Heart Attack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Budget Cuts

 

Hey readers it's me! 

 

Kwon Mina! 

 

So Seoljeong met but with a cost. Now here's budget cuts (a.k.a. Author-nim is trying to get her together and uses me as a filler).

 

"Mina? I finished taking a shower."

 

I turn my head towards the door and find Seo Yuna leaning against the wall drying her hair out with a towel in a tank top and shorts. I bite my lip-

 

Wait why did I bite my lip?

 

Author-Nim !?!?!?!?

 

 

"How dare you not respond!" 

 

Damn it. 

 

Yuna is staring at me weirdly, what did I say? 

 

Author-nim is this revenge from-

 

I zone back into this AU reality to find Yuna inches between my face, her eyes aligned with mine. She then proceeds to my head, running her slim fingers through my hair. 

 

Yuna flashes her signature warm smile and giggles before backing away, "You're too weird Mina."

 

She sits in front of my vanity table as she brushes her short hair, "but I find it cute." 

 

Yuna catches a glimpse of me through the Vanity mirror and I swear the atmosphere had become charged with a mix of anxiety, awkwardness, unpredictable possibility, and my probably profusely sweaty pits when we made eye contact yet again. 

 

I look away when it becomes too hard to handle. I could feel heat rise in my cheeks as Yuna continues to brush her hair. 

 

Blushing?

 

YAH AUTHOR-NIM WHY ARE YOU MAKING THINGS SO AWKWARD BETWEEN YUNA AND I?

 

I am not. I hardly do anything. It's all improv. Look at the script!

 

THIS ISN'T A KOREAN DRAMA OR A MOVIE AUTHOR-NIM U DON'T GIVE SCRIPTS!

 

Wow. 

 

Out of all times, you decide to be logical now? You're the one who wanted me to get my "" together for SeolJeong's sake but Mina I'm giving you a flashback so you can sort all your problems out. 

 

A flashback?

 

---

 

Flashback

 

Ok. First off Author-nim, what's with the ty instagram filter huh? What are you, a thirteen year old self-absorbed teenage girl who tries too hard to make up for her insecurity?

 

… NO! THAT IS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. THIS IS GOING ON THE INTERNET MINA! BY THE WAY I AM SEVENTEEN AND INSECURE. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!

 

Ok ok I'll go along with this flashback stuff. Let me just get in the zone here.

 

 

Ok! Flashback cue!

 

---

 

THE REAL FLASHBACK

 

Ok here comes the AU memories flowing in. 

 

Yuna has been by my side as long as I remember. She knew me when I was getting out of the Matrix you know? So of course I'm still friends with her now. 

 

I think it was middle school. Honestly, I don't have memories from elementary school at all. Seriously. It's freaky. 

 

Anyway so twelve year old me was figuring out reality and spacing out of classes with surprisingly Ds and Cs. Mainly, it was because I didn't focus in class. They called it crazy but I called it a part of who I am. 

 

If this wasn't obvious enough, I was the freaky outcast at school that no one talked to but that was fine. I didn't expect anyone to understand. 

 

They were all dazed, distracted diuretics descending the dull path of indifference anyway. 

 

If you don't know why "diuretic" means then go Google it. Its definition makes you go, "hul, daebak, jjang."

 

 

Back to the flashback, Yuna was the pretty new

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter