Chapter Three: YOUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED

Heart Attack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I, Kwon Mina, have answered your prayers. Author-nim tried though so sorry if she disappoints. Honestly the progression of events and everything that's happened so far is on the rough side. 

 

LIKE YOU COULD DO BETTER!

 

Is that a challenge? 

 

DO YOU EVEN NEED TO ASK?

 

Fine. I'll write my own one-shot and let the readers decide. 

 

I'm Kwon Mina the angel who answered your prayers. 

 

Remember that readers!

 

---

 

Chapter 3: Your Prayers Have Been Answered

 

I walk towards Jimin, Choa, Mina, and Yuna who are in the hallways outside of class. It's where we hang out during recess and Mina always brings snacks. 

 

I lean against the wall beside Choa, "so what's up."

 

Mina declared, "I want to be a cheerleader," and eyes turned towards her with disbelief.

 

Choa crossed her arms sternly, "what? Kwon Mina is this a joke?"

 

"No I want to be a cheerleader."

 

Yuna tilted her head in confusion, "why?"

 

Mina shrugged, "it seems fun."

 

"Fun," Jimin said, "is not being one of them."

 

Mina never ceases to surprise me. I joined the conversation and asked, "what are the cheerleaders like here anyway?"

 

Jimin exclaimed, "they're self-entitled, rich, everything you would expect them to be."

 

"Why haven't I seen or heard about them other than at the lacrosse games?"

 

Yuna answered, "this year they are surprisingly quiet and haven't stirred up any drama. I don't know if it's because of the change in leadership or-"

 

Mina clung onto my arm and gave me her signature puppy eyes, "Seolhyunie you should try-out with me tomorrow after school!"

 

"Yah why should I!"

 

Mina pouted and her gag-inducing aegyo started leaking out of her, "I don't want to be alone with them and plus it will be fun! Please! Please! Please! I will not let go of you if you don't try out with me."

 

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah right."

 

That's when I learned that when Mina has her mind set on something she is set on doing it. 

 

And I am scarred. 

 

---

 

Tomorrow is the day of Cheer Tryouts. I've been taking care of most of the preparations to allow Chanmi some time to get her grades up. 

 

I sighed and took in the sight of an empty gym from my view at the bleachers.

 

When I first became a cheerleader I had learned how cruel people could be with a smile on their faces.

 

The moment I stepped into those tiled halls for my first year in high school, I witnessed the popularity and power the cheerleaders at school possessed. It was as if I entered a stereotypical high school movie and I acted the role of the new girl. 

 

Students glued themselves to the walls, fled from the scene, or acted ignorant of the situation and avoided the cheerleaders as they  kicked a girl sprawled out on the ground, bruised and battered. The victim's body was tossed around like a rag doll, light and seemingly lifeless. The cheerleaders spat and swore at her before one of them had asked a tall, muscular guy whom was most likely her boyfriend to toss her out into the garbage dumpster. 

 

I froze in absolute shock because I didn't want to be one of them.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter