Chapter 4

Missing

It already got pretty late. Junjin was sitting at a bench in the park nearby the library and nibbled on a lollipop he got himself, “Hmm. There has to be something, his reaction was kinda strange.”

.

.

.

.

(A while ago in the library)

 

Do you perhaps know what Pilgyo is up to?” Junjin eventually asked with a low voice. His voice was so low and barely audible, but Andy had still heard him very clearly and turned to face Junjin with a surprised look in his eyes. When Junjin's eyes responded to the gaze, Andy quickly looked away and returned to the counter, “Nah, haven't seen him since our school days or heard of him ever again.” Andy stated, rather nervously.

 

Despite the fact that you always used to watch him? Noting everything down the guy was doing? Even after classes, I remember I've seen you following him around a few times and you still have no idea what he's been up to recently?” Junjin asked in a persistent manner, Y-Yeah, but that was nothing special, he was just being strange and when classes ended he just happened to rush back home it seemed.” Andy responded in a light stutter, “But Jin-ah, I think you should leave now.” Andy tried to guide Junjin to the exit, but he stayed stubborn to the topic, “Do you perhaps still have that diary of yours where you've noted everything about him down?”

 

NO, FOR GOD'S SAKE.“

 

Andy yelled. Junjin looked startled. He hadn't even realized that he was already standing in front of the exit, outside, “Jin-ah, stop looking for Pilgyo.” Andy whispered to him and closed the doors.

.

.

.

.

“What was that remark all about...” Junjin kept pondering on the bench, his lollipop he had already finished by now, “Think Junjin, thin-...” He was suddenly jumped by a little white dog and it's afro-like 'hairstyle' that kept barking at him loudly - “Yah, Polly! Come back here!” Called the dog's owner from afar. Junjin looked at the little doggie, who took a seat on his lap, and smiled, “Oh, Polly is that you? Long time no see, buddy!” He petted him heartily, “Wait, that means... - Minwoo Hyung!” Junjin rose up on his feet, making Polly jump down to the ground, and rushed to Polly's owner, who was approaching the two, “Hyung, finally! I've been trying to reach you for days, but you never pick up your phone!” Junjin scolded and hugged Minwoo, his best friend he hadn't seen for quite a long while, “Why don't you even message me back no more, is everything alright?”

 

“Oh hey Jinnie.” Minwoo greeted back with a tired smile, “I'm sorry, I've got myself a new number... - ” Minwoo hesitated, “For business-related reasons.” He quickly added. Junjin nodded understandingly and didn't ask any further. He trusted his best friend and knew that if there really was something wrong, he'd tell him immediately. But since he had missed his buddy so much, he wanted to spend some time with him that evening, "How about a cup of coffee?” Junjin suggested with a grin, “Sure.” Minwoo responded with a smile and lifted Polly onto his arms.

 

As they were just about to leave, Minwoo's phone vibrated audibly. He swiftly fished it out his pocket and took a glimpse of the screen. The smile on his face disappeared, “Jinnie, hold on for a second.” He assured and quickly shove Polly into his arms to answer the call. Junjin shrugged and decided to play with the little doggie in the meantime. After a short while of talking on the phone, Minwoo returned and seemed even more serious than a moment ago, “Is everything alright?” Junjin asked concerned. 

 

“Yeah, everything is fine. But considering the coffee, that's not gonna happen today. I'm sorry Jinnie, I'll definitely make up for it. See you tomorrow, will call you then!”

 

Minwoo explained in a rush, took his dog back and waved him goodbye with that familiar eye-smile of his until he disappeared around the next corner. In a snap, Junjin was left back alone and didn't even have the chance to say goodbye himself. But he still lifted up the arm and waved back, “See ya, Hyung.”

 


 

A little bit later today, but thank god I'm still keeping the schedule going huhu. Minwoo got introduced and is already acting strange lol ........ /awkward silence/ ........ quick! change topic before you spoil anything, YES JIN-AH! WHAT IS THAT EARGASM OF A SONG I'M IN LOVE WITH WOWOWOWOWOW- wOW~ ♥ 

 

Thanks for reading~

 

p.s. sister's dead, too much jinnie exposure, 'everything is perfect' were her last words, I made her a little grave with lots of jinnie stickers, she's still streaming tho