Chapter 2

Missing

In the evening, the two brothers were seated on the dinning table and enjoyed dinner together which Eric had prepared. The older one of the two looked at Junjin, who was occupied by his steak. He quickly got reminded of the incident in the office that afternoon and put aside his silverware. Junjin didn't notice and kept his focus on his steak that seemed to be to his liking.

 

Eric got slightly impatient and cleared his throat a few times so that his brother could raise his head. In vain, because Junjin suddenly stood up rather expressionless to take away his already empty plate. Bewildered that he was already done eating, Eric yelled angrily, “Yah!” Junjin flinched and finally glanced at his brother, “Are you ignoring me by any chance?” Eric asked, “I'm trying to say something, you know.” - “Oh, sorry Hyung! Didn't notice that. What's the matter?” Junjin responded and sat back down with his tableware, “Jung Pilgyo.” Eric continued, “Where do you know him from?”

 

.

.

.

.

(A while back in the office)

 

You know Jung Pilgyo?”

 

Eric asked astonished. Dongwan placed his hands onto his hips and threw questionable glances at Junjin. The guy looked confused back and turned over to face his brother, “Well 'knowing him' would be kind of exaggerated.” He said nervously, scratching the back of his head as he continued, “Pilgyo was just - ...” Junjin got interrupted by the door that smashed open. All eyes were fixed on the person - Eric? Dongwan? The boss is calling for you.” Spoke up the fellow workmate. The two of them nodded and marched over to the door. 

 

Eric though turned around at the door frame and made a hand movement, suggesting Junjin to leave.

.

.

.

.

Eric adjusted his position. His facial expression was serious, “We didn't get the chance to continue the talk a while back. Now tell me, what do you know about Jung Pilgyo?” Junjin also set upright, “Yeah, like I said, knowing isn't the right term here. We just went to the same school.” Eric's hands were folded on the table. His gaze still serious and fixed on his brother, “You went to the same school? Did you meet him often? Did both of you have the same classes? How was he like? Did he perhaps act strangely every now and then?”

 

Junjin felt overwhelmed. His brother bombarded him with questions he himself didn't know if he had the answers to them, “I think, I've noticed him quite a lot. Although - ...” Junjin pondered for a moment. Eric kept listening to him attentively, “It was this 'quiet' attitude of his that struck me. During lessons, he was always the one sitting in the back row right next to the window as he never showed any interest in the subject. I also rarely saw him standing inside the building or even on the school yard. Quite the contrary, he vanished the moment the bell rang.” Junjin's pondering expression deepened, “Strange, why do I still remember all that...” He mumbled to himself, “Keep going, how else was he like? Did he have any friends?” Eric asked and reached out his hand to shake Junjin out of his thoughts, “Pfff, yeah right. That guy and friends? He was a complete outsider! Maybe somewhat popular with the girls due to his good looks, but his personality showed other traits. We rather thought of him as the arrogant type.”

 

 

Eric leaned back and crossed his arms. For him, these information his brother was providing him still seemed not enough, “Was there anything else negatively about him? Did he perhaps not get along with any classmates? Or maybe he even fought someone?” Eric waited eagerly for the answer - “Nope.” Junjin said and surprised his brother with that short statement, “I think he had, despite his strange ways, pretty good grades, because the teachers always were all praises for him.” 

 

Eric stood up and took the dishes with him, including those of his brother. While putting them into the sink, he kept looking contemplatively into nothingness. However, he then swiftly turned around and smiled at Junjin, who was still seated at the table while watching his brother.

 

“Thanks Jin-ah. For the much needed infoformation.” 

 


 

There will be story chapters every Monday and profile chapters every Tuesday! ^^ (at least one fanfic with a schedule OTL) Which reminds me, for those who happen to read Muted; good news, because there'll be an update very damn soon :DDD /sister shoots gun into air/ Stop promoting your other story in here, will you. But this is my account though!?? /sister shoots again/ Alright, alright, geez....

 

Thank you for reading~