Chapter 3

Missing

Dongwan was sitting in the coffee shop he usually drank his coffee at. Meanwhile, he often tried to contact Eric. But the guy didn't pick up, “Aish! Why isn't he picking up? It's already past 12.”

 

Dongwan looked annoyed out of the coffee shop's window and let his gaze roam around the streets. At this lunch hour, many people were in a hurry to indulge in a quick meal. Although, some took their time and enjoyed the chilly air of the winter season. There was also this group of elementary kids heading home while causing lots of noise. Dongwan smiled to himself. Despite his cold image, he seemed to have a weakness for children.

 

That, he would never admit to though.

 

His smile suddenly disappeared and Dongwan leaned over with the shoulder towards the window, the gaze fixed on a person in amid the crowd. A person who was on their way on the other side of the street and wouldn't really stand out in such a crowd. But Dongwan's focus was entirely directed to the figure. He still observed the person while the door opened with a bell as Eric finally entered the coffee shop. Dongwan, who didn't pay attention to the ringing of the bell kept looking rather concentrated out the window. He hadn't noticed Eric's arrival at all, until the guy joined him at the table.

 

“Hey, what is it?”

 

Eric asked with a poker face and proceeded to look outside as well, in the same direction his partner seemed to be looking at so intensely. Dongwan eventually leaned back on his seat, lost in his thoughts and lastly turned to Eric, who was looking confused back at him, “Hello? I'm talking to you.” Eric said with a stern voice, “Oh, sorry, what is it?“ Dongwan asked at first rather alert but - “ Wait a second, where have you been? You should have showed up hours ago!” Eric didn't answer that question. He just frowned and started to poke around in his jacket's inside pocket. He pulled out a note book, “Junjin has told me a bit more about Jung Pilgyo.”

 

 

Dongwan sat up straight and watched Eric with a serious look on his face.

 

“He seemed to have a reserved personality, someone who rarely stood out in school. Friends, he didn't have any. But apparently quite the good grades." Eric explained as he kept flipping through his notes while Dongwan let out a brief but deep sigh and scratched his forehead, “These information won't help us out.” He eventually stated. Eric was just about to put away his note book, but his phone suddenly went off...

 


 

Junjin was on his way to the library. Today, he had a day-off and enough time to return the comics he had borrowed. With headphones on, he strolled calmly down the streets. After he finally arrived, he coincidentally ran into Andy, the library's manager, who was standing at the door, taking off advertisement posters that were expired.

 

Andy was a former classmate of Junjin and still considered a friend of his.

 

“Oi Andy! What's up?” Andy didn't notice Junjin and almost jumped, “Nothing really, but could you next time at least say 'Hi' first.” He scolded lightly, “Oh, I'm sorry. I'll be heading in. See you later!” Junjin waved back with a cheeky smile. Already standing at the comic's section now, he deciding to search for his favorite volumes when suddenly Eric's words popped up in his mind:

 

If there is anything else about

Jung Pilgyo that crosses your mind,

make sure to tell me asap!

 

“Why do I have a feeling that there was something worth mentioning, but I can't seem to remember it.” Junjin whispered to himself. He proceeded to walk through the section that led to the counter as he saw Andy noting something down. Junjin halted his steps and narrowed the eyes as he observed Andy for a moment. He scratched the back of his head at first, but promptly widened the eyes, “Andy...... the diary!”

 

Junjin headed to the counter with the previously borrowed and additionally chosen comics in his hands. He looked at Andy, casually leaning over said counter, “What are you doing?” He asked curiously and put the comics aside, “I'm noting down this month's expenses.” Andy explained, without raising his head. He then stood up and moved towards a specific cupboard in which he rummaged around, until he pulled out a big folder. That caused a few other books to fall down. Junjin, who was still standing at the counter, headed over to Andy, picked up the books and put them back to their places in the cupboard. However, with a bit of hesitation, he started searching that cupboard, maybe to find what he was secretly looking for.

 

He found nothing.

 

“Andy, are you still in touch with a few of the guys you attended classes with? For example Hwangbo and Yunho, those two were good friends of yours, weren't they?” Junjin asked after a long silence between them, “Yeah well, I went out eating with Hwangbo just recently, but wasn't Yunho like two classes below us? And what about you, we still hang around, Idiot.” Andy responded in the middle of arranging returned books, “And after all, it was the three of us who went out for dinner and you were the guy who actually treated us to that, you don't remember?” He added with a faint chuckle.

 

“Oh, is that so?” Junjin laughed embarrassed. But the laugh quickly turned into a little smirk. He approached the cupboard Andy was still standing at to do his sorting and took one of the books into his hand. 

 

“Do you perhaps know what Pilgyo is up to?” He eventually asked with a low voice.

 


 

Andy got introduced :) Who else has this "Nonstop 4" impression of him? That's intentional xP In fact, the poster gave that away. That and something else *cough* the diary *cough* /sister smashes my head with a coconut/ Stop the spoilers, damn it! 

.

.

.

/clears throat/

 

Thank you for reading~ :)