Chapter 1

Missing

 

The clock hit seven. This case, Eric thought. He had been on it for days now and made no progress whatsoever.

 

Like every morning, he was already standing in the kitchen to drink his coffee. Meanwhile he thought about how to move on. It had been years since he had to do with such a tricky case that robbed him of his sleep. 

 

After some long and endless pondering, he finally headed to work.

 

Eric was an inspector of high rank who everyone respected. He was pretty good at doing his job and already solved the most complicated cases. At the age of five he lost his dad and was mainly raised by his mother and stepfather. The two of them got a second son, Eric's little stepbrother...

 


 

Eric was sitting in his office and looking quite serious as he went through the whole files once again. Dongwan, his partner for this case, entered the office with heavy steps and asked him if he had found out something worth mentioning. Eric though just sighed and shook his head. Dongwan nodded to that rather disappointed and let himself fall onto the chair in front of the desk.

 

Unlike Eric, Dongwan was not so talented in his field. He rather considered Eric as one of his rivals and thought of this opportunity as some way to prove himself.

 

The case was about the missing son of a renowned chief called Jung Heewon, principal of the world-famous automobile corporation 'Hyungdo', who had gone missing for weeks now. Even Jung Heewon himself barely knew anything about his only child, let alone the missing guy's affairs or whereabouts since their relationship wasn't the best one to begin with. Therefore the police had a hard time tracing down his location without any given clues. This case turned out to be a complete mystery, which caused Eric even more headaches.

 

Whereas Dongwan was busy balancing himself on the chair and watching a hectic Eric rummaging through documents, the latter's younger stepbrother entered hastily the office.

 

“Hyung! Let's go out for dinner!”

 

Eric didn't pay any attention to him and kept concentrating on the files. His brother looked resentful, took a quick glimpse of Dongwan, who greeted him with a silent hand movement and sat down pouting on the second chair next to the partner of his busy older brother. “Hyung, you've been hanging around in your office for all day...” He hesitated for a moment and continued, “Aren't you hungry?”

 

Eric was caught up in his own world and ignored the concerned little brother, who almost seemed to beg for his attention. Dongwan, who was having fun tilting back on his chair, was of no use either. “What is this case anyway you've been so involved in that you can't even get the time to eat out with your beloved little bro?” The desperate younger stepbrother accused and looked annoyingly on the pile of paper.

 

A remote file caught his attention.

 

He curiously took it into his hands and skimmed through the first few pages. While reading, he suddenly narrowed his eyes, “This Jung Pilgyo guy again, huh? This 'wannabe' always has to steal the show.” The annoyed younger brother mumbled to himself and threw the file onto the pile, which caused an even greater mess.

 

„YAH! JUNJIN!“

 

Eric yelled to scold his brother, which made Dongwan fall down backwards in surprise along with his chair.

 

Junjin kept sitting there, stunned as he had not expected that kind of reaction. Although, he quickly had to restrain himself from laughing at his older brother, whose lips slightly trembled every time he got mad. That was usually quite amusing for Junjin. “I already told you that you can't just show up whenever you want to, especially when I'm so involved in my work and t- … hold up, did you just mention the name Jung Pilgyo?”

 

Dongwan put the chair in place as his gaze switched curiously between the two brothers and stayed fixed on the oldest. “Oh? Isn't that...- chief Jung Heewon's missing son.” Eric looked at his brother, who didn't seem to grasp the seriousness of the situation.

 

“You know Jung Pilgyo?”

 


 

Rather short first chapter, but the next one will follow very soon.

Thanks for reading~... oh a-and d-don't forget Jin-ah's Birthday you guys! (sister holding a gun at my head)