Misunderstandings II

Forbidden Love

 

[Jiyeon’s POV]

“Minhwan-yah, it’s not like you think… really.”

Minhwan’s face remained stony and impassive as he spoke.

“Really? Then give me a suitable reason as to why you did that to Seunghyun.” Minhwan sat down on one of the benches in the empty and quiet… and dark park.

“I…” I couldn’t find the courage to tell him, really why I did that to Seunghyun. “Didn’t mean to.”

“I’m sure there’s more than that.” Minhwan replied emotionlessly. “The Jiyeon I know doesn’t do that.”

I kept silent this time. I wasn’t supposed to give away the secret so quickly… and someone like Minhwan can’t keep secrets.

“I’m still listening,” Minhwan probed. I tried to ignore him and started looking around my surroundings.

Bad choice.

My immense fear of the dark started washing over me. I gulped nervously then wondered why did the trees look so scary at night even though they looked fine in the morning. I shook my head, trying to shake out the bad thoughts but when I opened my eyes again… did the trees just grow taller? The branches seemed to be more crooked every second… I slowly backed off, grabbing my hair with my hands. This wasn’t happening to me… not now… I backed away, with each step I started getting more frightened, until I hit someone.

Everything’s fine now. Seunghyun’s here.

I breathed a sigh of relief, then I realized something wrong.

No… Seunghyun’s not here anymore.

He’s gone.

Gone.

[Minhwan’s POV]

“Ji-Jiyeon-yah… are you okay?” I never saw this side of Jiyeon before. She started backing away until she hit me. Then for a moment, she calmed down. But not for long. Jiyeon stiffened again and was open in a silent scream. She looked like she was in her own horror movie — alone.

“Jiyeon, I’m sorry for being cold to you, stop scaring me!”

She didn’t answer. And before I knew it, she fainted.

[Jonghun’s POV]

It’s pretty late already. I checked my phone. 11.04 pm…I tried calling Minhwan again.

No luck.

Fine, I admit. I’m lost. I have no idea where I am. And this place isn’t especially helpful anyway, no road signs, no nothing. Wait, that road looks familiar. As I walked down the road I started getting my sense of direction back. What was I doing in a deserted alley anyway?

Wait.

Did I just hear something?

It came from some alley from those I passed by earlier. There was a painful groan and the sound of something hitting something else, followed by a yell of pain. I slowly walked towards the source of the sound and what I saw caught me off guard. A gang fight… wait, no. A group of guys hitting another one. The guy being hit was taller than most of the other guys but he wasn’t putting up a fight. Sometimes he raised his arms to defend himself but most of the time it looked as though he wanted them to hit him. But then, so many people against one. It wasn’t fair.

I tried to find out who was their leader but it wasn’t hard. The leader was sitting by one side, watching everything going on with an amused expression on his face. He looked strikingly handsome, not like a gang leader would usually look. In fact, he looked like some rich, spoilt brat. I wouldn’t be surprised if he really was.

Without actually thinking of the consequences, I stepped in and punched the leader. He was knocked off his feet and looked really angry and surprised for a moment before an angry smile dangerously lit up his features.

“Look who wants to be the hero here…” He smirked, a steady line of blood trickling down his chin. “Wouldn’t your face look even better with a few cuts on it?” He beckoned to his men, who started advancing towards me.

“I’m not scared of you,” I smiled back, which seemed to take them off guard.

“Hear the hero speak, like you’ll say the same thing after you’re the victim.”

The victim that they were all beating up just now glanced at me, trying to tell me something. He slowly stood up and started moving towards the leader, but no one noticed because everyone was so focused on me. Then I understood what he was trying to tell me. I stood my ground, and the men kept advancing and being the person I am, I started to find flaws in them.

“Hey, when you go out, make sure you zip your pants, that’s so…” The guy that I directed the insult to immediately looked down and his face turned red. The rest around him started to check their own zippers when the victim made his move.

He held a knife against the leader’s throat and glanced at everyone. “Let the both of us go safely or else I’ll kill him.”

“Do as he says,” the leader commanded.

“Put down your weapons,” the victim added, flicking his hair out of his face. Everyone obeyed him, albeit reluctantly. He started walking towards me, still keeping the leader hostage. “Tell them to go away. Don’t chase after us.”

The leader snarled. “You heard what he said! Go back to the main base.”

One by one the men scowled at the victim and started leaving until the alley was completely deserted, except for the three of us. He let the leader go and the leader immediately ran away, towards the direction of which his men went.

Coward,I thought.

“Hey, thanks for trying to save me.” The victim said, a small smile playing on his lips.

“No problem, even though you were the one that saved us. I’m Jonghun,” I offered my hand to him. The victim took it and smiled.

“Seunghyun.” A bright smile lit up his features despite the bruises and cuts that covered his face. “Song Seunghyun.”



 

A/N: I have no idea why I named the chapter as Misunderstandings though there wasn't any that happened here O.O

Sorry, I won't be able to do a triple update as said... it's late now and my mom's screaming, I'll only be able to do a double update >3<

Omona... so Seunghyun appeared... what will happen next O.O

Oh and to afrhxgd there... sorry for torturing you :3 Here's the update XD

Comment and subscribe please ? Love ya guys ♥