The Past and The Present

ToGetHer

Angie's POV

After much chattering with the girls, Biology class is soon over. Cheryl's PE lesson ended earlier than our class and since our next period is recess, Cheryl waited for us outside the Biology lab so that we can have our recess together. We tried to clear up our apparatus as fast as possible so that we can leave the Biology lab before that Jonghun guy do if not it will be really awkward later on when he and Cheryl meet at the corridor.

Suddenly, thanks to the clumsy Zann, she broke one of the test tubes and Mr. Dale had to deal with her before letting us off for recess. And of course, that Choi Jong Hun managed to clear up faster than us, he walked over to Mr. Dale (who is busy scolding Zann) said goodbye and left the classroom. That Cheryl is also stupid enough to not see Jong Hun going in her direction and eventually their eyes met.

I saw Cheryl faking a smile and said something to that jerk and what made me really mad is that he didn't return her smile and instead, he let out a smirk again and fished out his iPod and headphones and walked away. I can see tears welling up in Cheryl's eyes.


"That jerk," I thought to myself, "he's gonna get it from me."

Cheryl's POV

That Zann! Why is she always causing so much trouble! If only she didn't break that test tube, I wouldn't have to deal with what I couldn't finish last year. Jong Hun came out of the class before my besties did. Our eyes met. Oh no! What am I gonna do? I thought. Quickly I said "Nice weather eh?" I faked a smile after saying so.

He gave me a smirk and walked pass me like I'm not even there. Stupid tears flooded my eyes. I flashed back to my middle school days..

"Here take this, Oppa!" I passed the letter I wrote yesterday to that Jong Hun guy I crushed on for years.

He opened the letter. I was so happy when he did. 

Suddenly, he let out a loud laugh. He threw the letter on the floor and came close to me, his hand holding my chin. I don't know what to think. Will he accept my love? 

"You think I will like you back? What do you like most about me? My money? Tsk, girls like you would! Poor girls like you." He said.

He walked away leaving me standing there with mixed feelings. I didn't go to school for 3 weeks then. Only Cherlyn knows my secret. She was the one who persuaded me to return to school and face life. I transfered school after that. But, unfortunately, I was sent to the same high school as JongHun after I graduate. Each and everyday, I will try my best to avoid him. Also, I swear to never love again until I'm old enough to...

Before I broke into tears, I felt an arm around my shoulder. It was Angie's. "We all know your secret. Be strong! That jerk is not worth your tears." She said.

"Sorry! I told them. They deserve to know." Cherlyn apologized

"Here! Wipe your tears away! Let's go to the cafeteria and eat your favorite kimchi!" Zann said after the scolding by Mr. Dale

"Thanks, guys!" I said as I took Zann's tissue paper to wipe my tears away.

 

Cherlyn's POV

Seems like I did the right thing by telling the girls about Cheryl's story. Cheryl seemed happier now. I hope she's not faking it in front of us. We went to the cafeteria and was surprised to see a bunch of guys on our usual table. I was going to shoo them off but, before I know it, Zann went pass me to our table. I was very surprised when Zann said "Hi!" to those guys on our table.

Turns out, one of the guys there were the one who sent Zann to school this morning. His name is Hong Ki. Then, another guy in blonde hair stood up. 

"Hey, Um!" He shouted, looking towards us. Cheryl's head lifted up.

"You know that guy?" I said to Cheryl as we walked towards our table.

"Um, yeah. He saved my life from that Coach Lyn just now" She said

"But, your name's not Um right?" I joked

"It's a long story." Cheryl said

I gave Cheryl a look and smiledAt least she's back to her normal self again I thought.

 

 

Zann's POV

Oh my! That guy who sent me to school! I forgot to thank him! I ran over the table which happens to be our usual table to thank him.

"Thank you, Oppa!" I said

"Oh! You're welcome!" He said

"Nice to meet you! My name is Zann!" I said to make the situation less awkward. I held out my hand towards him.

He grabbed it and we shoke hands. "Nice to meet you! My name's Hong Ki! My friends here are Jae Jin-" He pointed to a Blondie "YoSeob, Cheol Yong, Min Woo, Sun Woo and Tae Min" He pointed at the group of guys who seemed to be too busy with their conversations.

"Oh! Nice to meet all of you!" I said

"AHEM" Said Angie to remind me that I haven't introduce the girls to Hong Ki

"Oh! Yeah! This here is Angie, Cheryl and Cherlyn! My best buddies." I said

"Oh! Nice to meet you, Angie, Cheryl and Cherlyn! Come and join us!" Hong Ki said

"Um, that's our table actually." Said Cherlyn

I quickly said "But, It's okay! We can share the table!" Cherlyn gave me a nudge and a glare.

Hongki later added, "So, what's your next class?"

"Maths" I said

"Oh! What a coincidence! I have that class later too!" Hong Ki said

"Me too" Angie, Cherlyn and Cheryl said together

Out of a sudden, that Blondie shouted "OH! NICE! LET'S GO TOGETHER!"

We were all shocked. He smiled shyly after he shouted.

RRRIIINNGG!! The bell rang and it's time for our maths class...

--

To be continued~ Thanks for reading! :D Please subscribe! ;D