Memory loss

High school drama - Final resolution

Our heads turned rapidly. There was a girl with red hair; it looked like she hadn't washed it in days.

"J-Je mi? is that you? i didn't even recognise you at all. we're so glad to see you, we were all so worried since you weren't answering your phone but by the looks of it, we now know why" something didn't feel right. whilst i was talking to her, she had this weird stare as if her eyes were glazed over or she looked like she was daydreaming. I started taking small steps towards Je mi to hug her but every step i took, she took a step back and kept backing away from me until she was up against the wall. my heart started to break, doesn't she recognise me or Jongdae?

"Je mi? we're not gonna hurt you, we're your friends and we've come to take you home" Jongdae said. Je mi's mouth started to open so we expected her to start talking and explain why she was here.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Je mi screamed out. i quickly put my hand over until she stopped screaming.

"Shhhhhhhh! Don't you recognise us? it's me, Je mi and there's Jongdae. i pleaded to her, hoping i could get a hug, a smile or something.

"Who are you?" Je mi asked us. i refused to cry or get emotional, my eyes started to scan her pale face. "Look at me Je mi, have a really... good look at me" Je mi stared at me, she had a look at Jongdae then back at me. "Who are you?" she repeated. i walked away from her and completely broke down.

"She doesn't remember us Jongdae, SHE DOESN'T REMEMBER US!" i cried out of anger and upset. Je mi tried to make a run for it but Jongdae put his athletic abilities to use and caught her before she opened the door to exit the corridor. As he brought her back and held her down on the bed, my phone started to ring.

"J-hope! any news?" "Je mi's mum told us everything. You know when we all found out that we were taking finals except Je mi? well she had a major breakdown when she got home and it was so bad that her mum didn't know what to do so she rang the rehab centre and basically sectioned her straight away so Je mi's been there for a while. i do have good news though, Je mi's mum told me that an investigation has started to find out why her uni acceptance was reversed so we're finally going to find out who did it, ain't that great?" my heart started beating a thousand beats per minute.

"That's great news, we're finally going to get justice. thank you for telling me. We have found Je mi but she doesn't recognise me or Jongdae so we're gonna stay here for a while and try to get something out of her, i'll ring you later ok? i love you, bye" i can't have the police find out what me and Jongdae done, we could go to prison. Je mi is my girl but i gotta protect myself first before anybody else.

I couldn’t even look at Je mi, she was a completely different person. Whilst I was sitting down trying to take everything in, I could see my life and Jongdae’s life ending in a flash. More importantly, MY life. The whole plan was just to prove that I may have changed a little bit but don’t forget, I’m not the type of person to mess with… but I guess it’s backfired now that me and Jongdae are now ‘City’s most wanted’.

“I didn’t want this to go so far” I whispered to Jongdae, hoping Je mi wouldn’t hear me.

“what did you expect Hyobin? *sighs* yet again, I have been roped up in your evil schemes” Jongdae hissed behind me.

“You could have easily said no but as I predicted, I can manipulate you so well that you will do absolutely anything for me”

“You know what Hyobin? You are such an evil and spiteful girl. How can you even be happy with yourself when you’re blackmailing someone for your own personal gain? Honestly, it’s absolutely insane but I’ll go along with it because I know you Hyobin, you’ll tell my parents about what I did to you no matter what happens. I’m right aren’t i?” Jongdae smirked and walked back over to Je mi to check on her. Luckily, she was asleep. Suddenly, there were multiple alarms going off and an ongoing announcement. “WARNING! THERE ARE TRESPASSERS ON SITE” WARNING! THERE ARE TRESPASSERS ON SITE” it kept looping and the sirens were getting louder.

“we get outta here Hyobin!” I sent a quick text to Rejin saying 'get. here. ASAP'. there was