three

Mix-Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi leans against the locker door, blinking at Wendy, “I’m sorry, but you’re going to have to speak slower because I don’t understand a single thing you’re saying.”

Wendy shakes her fists, “I’ve been repeating this for like, the past ten minutes, Seul!”

“You know you can’t talk to me when I’m playing games on my phone.”

Wendy sighs heavily and continues to rearrange her books in her locker. Not that there is any need. She’s just buying her time while waiting for a certain someone to come through the school entrance.

She barely slept last night (another round of wailing into her pillows) and after drinking more than her daily shot of caffeine in the morning, her eyes are wider than normal and when she finally met up with her friend, she was feeling all sorts of jumpy and anxiety mixed into one.

“C’mon tell me, I’ll listen,” Seulgi tries to coax the sleep-deprived snowman.

Wendy takes a deep breath and sticks her head out long enough to say, “Bae Joohyun is following me on Instagram and Twitter and I think I’m going insane because why would the most popular girl in school follow me, I mean is she stalking me like I’m stalking her. God it’s like stalker-ception or something I DON’T KNOW –”

Seulgi gives a sheepish smile to two girls walking past who cast Wendy weird looks upon seeing her frantic gestures, “I lost you after the insane part because I think you are, but anyway. Joohyun-unnie is following you. So?”

“So? SO? Nothing short of a miracle just happened, Seulgi! My life is changed forever! It’s like, all those months of wishing for senpai to notice me finally came true!”

“Senpai. Right. Of course.”

Wendy suddenly grabs Seulgi’s shoulders, freaking the hell out of the bear, “Senpai noticed me, Seulgi.” She says it again, emphasizing each word with a tight squeeze on the poor girl’s shoulders.

Seulgi forcefully pries Wendy’s hands off her, “Oh my God, I get it, Wendy. Just chill.”

“I will not chill!”

“Funny thing for a snowman to say,” A snarky voice joins them and both girls turns to face the newcomer.

Joy motions to the open locker, “What are you doing? Spring-cleaning?”

Wendy starts, “Yeah I’m just –” but Seulgi is unfortunately quicker, “She’s just waiting for her senpai to walk down the hall.”

“Wait what?” Joy stops chewing her gum halfway and frowns while Wendy whacks Seulgi on the head.

Wendy continues to glare at Seulgi before turning to Joy, “Nothing! She’s thinking of some anime.”

“I was noo–” Seulgi falters when she sees Wendy’s look, “- oooothing! Nothing! That’s the name of the anime!”

Great save.

Joy arches an eyebrow, “There’s an anime called Nothing?”

“YES!” Both Wendy and Seulgi shouts in unison.

Joy obviously does not believe them as she stares weirdly for a moment and nods slowly, “Right… Well. I need to go class early today. See you weirdos at lunch.”

When Joy walks away, Seulgi whines, rubbing the spot on her head where Wendy hit her, “Why didn’t you tell her?”

“I’ll tell her later, you know how she might react and I don’t need that kind of thing right now.” Joy would probably lecture Wendy on the importance of keeping her fangirl delusions and her real life separate and how it is not fine to think that:

She and said senpai are destined to be, because they both are fans of a Disney movie She and said senpai can possibly be friends because said senpai is graduating and keeping in contact will be hard Said senpai knows what she is doing by following her on social media, because said senpai might have just been confused

(Wendy doesn’t exactly need the lecture since she obviously knows the words to them very well)

Which is why Seulgi gives Wendy a very pointed look before sighing, “Look, I don’t even know why I’m letting you do this.”

Wendy is all ready with the answer to that, “You are my best friend and best friends will be there for each other, no matter the stupid things they do.”

Seulgi opens , thinks about it and closes it abruptly. Determination sets into her face and finally she says, “Of course. For best friends!” She clamps a hand on Wendy’s shoulder, grinning widely. She becomes confused again a moment later, “So what are we doing again?”

But when Seulgi moves her head a little to the side, Wendy catches sight of the one person that she has been waiting for.

She panics and hides behind the locker door, "Oh my God she's here." She pretends to be busy searching for something (maybe her pride) in the locker.

"Huh the senpai," Seulgi says disinterestedly, not hiding since she has no reason to do so. She murmurs, "She looks all smiley in the morning."

"What is she doing?"

"I think she’s looking for someone. Oh she just glanced our way."

What does that mean, does she recognize me? Wendy feels her palms getting sweaty, "I swear if you're pulling my leg, Seulgi -"

"I'm serious!" Seulgi gasps a second later, "And she's walking this way!"

Wendy leans back a little, still acting as if she's just looking around the interior of her locker. In her peripheral vision, she sees the familiar form of Bae Joohyun. Walking was not an appropriate term to describe the way she moves since Wendy imagines grass to sprout up through the concrete floor and trail behind her wherever her feet touches.

Really the plan was to just be cool and collected when i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter