two

Mix-Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy thinks there is not enough oxygen going to her head so she ends up taking in deep breaths, almost on the verge of a panic attack. Slowly, she places the phone down and recaps what had just occurred.

She accidentally liked Bae Joohyun’s Instagram photo from almost seven months ago Bae Joohyun is now following her The Bae Joohyun is following her

Wild laughter escapes her. Oh man I must be dreaming.

Wendy, shaking her head in disbelief, stares back at her phone. But the same notifications are there. Her smile turns shaky and the corner of an eye twitches.

When the phone suddenly rings, Wendy almost chucks the damn thing across the room, half-expecting it to be Bae Joohyun calling her and to inform her of a restraining order for being a major stalker.

But it isn’t. It’s just Seulgi.

She frantically slides her fat thumb across the screen and answers the call with an almighty scream, “OH MY GOD SEUL YOU WON’T BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED, HOLY CRAP-“

There is silence on the other end of the line before Seulgi responds, “Okaayyyyyy call me back when you’re sober, snowman.”

“WAIT-“

She hears a beeping sound but by then, things has already sink into the pits of her befuddled mind. She blindly s around her and buries her face in a pillow, screaming her head off.

 

***

 

@baemax_: I hate traffic jams in the morning

@baemax_: It's so cold here :<

 

Wendy stares at the computer screen, mechanically scrolling through the tweets.

It is as if somebody has pulled the side block of the mental Jenga in her head and now she's falling apart, but rather than scooting off to her friends for some rational explanation, she resorts to the very thing that has landed her in such a predicament.

Wendy reasons, however, that she is just trying to find out whether Bae Joohyun really does know who she is and that her liking and following is not simply a fluke.

(On another note, Bae Joohyun likes Baymax. Wendy likes Olaf. Obviously there should not be any link whatsoever (DISNEY MOVIES) but she feels closer to Bae Joohyun now - wait no what the hell am I thinking STOP IT WENDY)

So she starts up her laptop and immediately opens up Bae Joohyun's twitter page. Surely, the girl must have mentioned something that could be a clue to her current distress.

But just like her Instagram, Bae Joohyun rarely tweets too. She tweets within a span of a few days, but she checks it at least once a week, judging from the retweets of quote accounts and funny gifs.

Yet, Wendy never followed the girl on Twitter. She thinks she should keep her admiration to only one social network at a time and no matter how tempting it is to be alerted to every single time Bae Joohyun tweeted, she resisted.

(Then again, it is only one social network and she still screwed up anyway. God forbid that karma should remain within one place and hence, the laptop as a safety measure)

So it does not take long to scroll all the way to the tweets from a year ago.

 

@baemax_: You are really cute

@baemax_: This carrot cake is nice! ^^

 

Wendy stops. She blinks. The date of the tweets seem familiar somehow. 15th August...

 

A year ago

 

Freshman year of high school and Wendy got along fine with her classmates (though they see her as a complete klutz at times). She was also unashamed to admit that she is a fangirl of Taylor Swift (as seen by the many button badges on her Jansport bag).

Wendy is also a member of the music club. One day, the club held a sale to raise funds for future projects and Wendy chipped in, revealing her baking prowess as she lined up cookies, cupcakes and whatever stuff for the one with the sweetest tooth, at the corner table of the cafeteria.

She didn't sell them all, but it was more than she had hoped for, and while packing up, Wendy had not expected anyone else to come by.

"Excuse me, do you still have any cookies?"

Wendy looked up and almost dropped her box of cakes altogether. Bae Joohyun, then a junior, was beaming at her with her brunette hair all tied up, and a book in one hand. Her uniform was neat and impeccable as usual and Wendy would have panicked at the sight of the prefect since her current attire - blouse tucked out, hair unkempt - was less than satisfactory.

But she was too stunned to react, until Bae Joohyun had to wave her hand in front of Wendy's face, "Hello? Are you okay?"

Wendy's brain rebooted, "Oh... I don't have cookies anymore..." Damn it why didn't I save any from those gluttons.

Disappointment flashed across Bae Joohyun's face, "That's too bad. My friends said your cookies are really n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter