Sticky notes

The Perfect Recipe

Just like any other day, Sungyeol made his way to his classroom. The only difference was that his smile was just a little wider than usual. The reason?

When he was merely a few steps away from his classroom’s door, he was taken into a bone-crushing hug by none other than Dongwoo and Sunggyu took advantage of his temporary paralysis to ruffle in his brown hair, getting a whine from the younger.

“Happy birthday, Sungyeol-ah!” The latter looked down at Dongwoo’s huge smile and almost forgot to be mad at Sunggyu for his hair.

Still, he smiled back. “Thanks, hyung!” Then turned to Sunggyu, who was already running away and who shouted above his shoulder: “Happy birthday!”

Yes, today was his birthday, Sungyeol’s favorite day of the year. Well, who didn’t like their birthday? It was the day when everyone would tell him nice things, hug him and give him presents. Nothing to complain about!

He got inside his class and, after receiving a few more “happy birthday” from his classmates, made his way to his desk. As always, Myungsoo was already there, quietly reading a book. When he heard his friend take the seat next to him, he looked up from the black and white pages and shot him a huge smile. “Happy birthday, Yeollie!” He even gave Sungyeol a quick hug, which was kind of rare coming from Myungsoo, but didn’t fail to brighten a bit more the tall boy’s smile.

Then, Sungyeol’s eyes looked at his desk and he couldn’t help but chuckle at the sight of a small, heart-shaped sticky note on the wooden surface. On it, was written: “You have the most beautiful smile again today. Happy birthday!

“Looks like even your secret admirer didn’t miss your birthday.”

Sungyeol turned to Myungsoo with a shy smile. This, the sticky notes, had been going for a while. He remembered the first time he had found one on his desk, saying “You have beautiful eyes. They shine just like a child’s.” He had blushed like crazy, turning to Myungsoo and asking if it was one of his jokes. But the other just shook his head and said he didn’t know either before turning his attention back to his book.

Then the notes continued. Every morning, there would be one of these little hearts on his desk, complimenting him about small things. Some said that his laugh was warm and melodious, some said that he shined brighter than anyone. Every day it was different, and everyday Sungyeol wanted to know a little bit more who his secret admirer was. He turned to his friend.

“You didn’t see anyone leaving the note? I mean, you’re right there, sitting at the same desk.”

His friend sighed and closed his book. They had had this conversation a few times already. “No, I haven’t seen anyone, it was already there when I arrived.”

Sungyeol pouted and crossed his arms against his chest, the usual reaction. However, after a few seconds of silence, Myungsoo spoke again. “You know, maybe your secret admirer doesn’t put it on your desk in the morning. I arrive really early every day and I never saw anyone.” His friend was looking at him with wide eyes, waiting for him to continue. “Maybe that person puts it there every evening, before the school closes.”

Sungyeol’s huge smile appeared again. “Myung, you’re a genius! And now I know how I’m going to catch my admirer! We’ll wait here after classes until the school closes!” Myungsoo frowned, but his friend didn’t leave him the time to object. “Yes, you’re staying with me!” Seeing that the look on the other’s face was still the same, he added in a whiny voice: “It’s my birthday… Please?”

That’s how they ended up staying in school for way too many hours. Sungyeol was walking around the room endlessly, unable to stay put, while Myungsoo was sitting on a desk next to the opened window, looking at the sky that was slowly tuning orange.

“Myung! I’m bored! And hungry! Maybe you’re wrong and it’s not how he does it and we’re waiting for nothing! The school closes in like ten minutes!”

The other replied in his calm, deep voice, already used to Sungyeol’s behavior. “You were the one to suggest waiting here, not me. And if you’re hungry, I must have a pack of biscuits left in my bag.”

Sungyeol suddenly forgot to answer to the first part of his friend’s sentence and went straight for the bag. His stomach first. But there, in Myungsoo’s bag, he found something that instantly made him forget his hunger.

A little pad of small, heart-shaped sticky notes. The same sticky notes he had been finding every day on his desk for a few weeks.

He slowly turned to Myungsoo, only to find that his friend was no longer facing the window, but him. He was fiddling with his fingers and his face was red with embarrassment. As Sungyeol slowly made his way to him, he realized Myungsoo wasn’t just fiddling with his fingers, but with a heart-shaped note.

“I still haven’t given you your birthday gift.” His voice was nervous and shaky, a little higher than his usual deep voice was. Once his tall friend was in front of him, he stuck the note on his forehead and finally looked at him in the eye, a shy smile on his lips.

Will you go out with me?

And Sungyeol mentally slapped himself at that moment for never realizing that the handwriting of the notes had always been the same as his best friend’s one, that he could have easily put the notes there, that Myungsoo only smiled that beautiful smile when he was with him.

And he laughed. He laughed at his own stupidity, at the cuteness of the situation in front of him, at the embarrassment of a relationship changing to something unexpected. And when he saw Myungsoo’s eyes water and his friend hand sadly making its way up to tear the note away from his skin, Sungyeol stopped him, took both his hands in his and dropped a small peck on Myungsoo’s lips.

“I’m sorry I didn’t notice it earlier.”

Their foreheads were touching, the sticky note remaining between their skin and Sungyeol was sure at this point that his face was at least as red and Myungsoo’s.

“It’s okay. I’ve always known you were an idiot.”

Sungyeol was about to retort something when they heard, through the open window, the sound of the big metallic barrier of the school slowly closing. They looked at each other for a millisecond before taking their bags and each other’s hand and running out of the building.

 

~ Piou0102 ~


 

The fluff is back! :p

So, purplegirl30  and Whatie requested some more Myungyeol and nnmhmh asked me to write a fic for Sungyeol's birthday so this is what I came up with. :) I know, Sungyeol's birthday was two days ago, but I had already written the chapters 19 and 20. ^^

Also, this is the last drabble that I have already written, so I'll probably upload less these days, since I'm also working on The Destination. I'll post them as I write them. ^^

I hope you liked it! :) Leave me some words and a prompt if you have any idea! <3