The message

The Perfect Recipe

“Sungjong-ah, I need you right now.”

Sungjong looked at Dongwoo and nodded. He already knew what that meant. It could only be that the other had a really important message for him to deliver. It would always be him, because he knew Dongwoo only trusted him in these kinds of situations. And indeed, he would never even think of betraying that man, who was the kindest and warmest human being he had ever had the honor to meet.

Said man gave him a rolled parchment and told him to go hand it to Sunggyu. Of course it would be Sunggyu. In these days when the realm was in danger, he would need the help of the best strategist.

A couple of other sentences emphasizing how important that mission was, and Sungjong was on his way. The journey shouldn’t take him more than an hour. Plus, he was already used to finding his way between the castle and the house, since these messages of utmost importance were getting more and more frequent. He still enjoyed the cold breeze of the early winter days and the noises of people hurrying in the streets, attending to their own little business.

After some time, he spotted in the distance a boy he knew and he smiled. Too bad he was in a hurry and couldn’t afford to come by and say hello. That boy’s name was Myungsoo, one of his only friends. Even though he didn’t talk much, he was always nice to him and never failed to share his snacks with him. But then, he spotted someone else, hugging his friend and his heart sank. Lee Sungyeol. He really didn’t like that kid. Always trying to pull some prank on him and make him feel embarrassed.

He really didn’t have time to come by and plan his revenge or anything, so he just made the only angry gesture he could think of at that moment. As he went away and the two were out of his sight, he heard a loud “Are you kidding me?! I’ve got bird’s of my jacket!” and he couldn’t help but laugh. Sometimes, life was a .

A few minutes later, he saw Hoya going the way opposite of him and only nodded in his direction to greet him. The other quickly greeted him back and continued to hurry down the busy streets. Apparently, he wasn’t the only one in a hurry. Not that he minded it much, because Hoya and he didn’t have a lot in common – apart from work – and their conversations were often weird, filled with uncomfortable silence. He had always thought that maybe it was because Dongwoo trusted him a lot, maybe even more than Hoya, and that the latter had a jealous personality.

He brushed the thoughts aside and focused on the houses ahead. He was almost there.

He soon entered the familiar room – Sunggyu’s bedroom – and was confused at the scene in front of his eyes. As expected, Sunggyu was there, but he wasn’t alone. In front of him, really close to him, was another man. Sungjong wondered for a few seconds where he had seen that man before, then he remembered. That was Woohyun, one of Sunggyu’s cooks, if he remembered correctly. But what confused him wasn’t the presence of the man, no. It was the situation the both of them were in. Woohyun had a hand on the other man’s cheek and was leaning in. Sunggyu’s face was a weird shade of red he had never seen before.

He didn’t know what was happening, but he still had a message to hand over. So he made his way to Sunggyu and landed on top of his head, tilting his head in confusion and cooed at the situation that was still as incomprehensible even seen from this angle.

The two men suddenly broke apart, mumbling unintelligible things between their teeth. By the time Woohyun made it to the door, both of their faces were deep red.

He really couldn’t understand humans.

 

~ Piou0102 & Maiachan5 ~


 

So, for those of you who aren't sure yet: yes, Sungjong is a pigeon. A carrier pigeon that delivers messages between Dongwoo and Sunggyu. Apparently, this is what happens when you leave us alone, my sister and I. >w< I hope you liked this little piece of stupidity! If you did, don't hesitate to comment and subscribe! <3 The next one will be less stupid, I promise!

Leave a prompt if you have any idea! :)