THE AI #4: Massages, Puppies and Watermelon Babies

Treasure Box

1787 words

 

Rated G
Fluff, Romance, Domestic!au, Aeri!au

 

THE AERI INSTALLMENT #4: Baekhyun gets a massage from the best masseuse, Aeri finds a puppy and together, they're having a watermelon baby

 

 


 

 

Moving around hurts, walking hurts, everything hurts. He doesn't remember hurting this bad when he was pregnant with Aeri, but then again, every pregnancy is different. His first trimester with Aeri wasn't as bad. His morning sickness with her was worse, but the pain wasn't. 

 

He's only in his third month, but the pain in his back is driving him nuts. His doctor told him it's just his body adjusting to having a baby since it's been so long since he had Aeri, but still, the pain, oh God, the pain is just horrible. 

 

Baekhyun is walking back to his bed from the bathroom when another sharp pain shot up his back. He was and groaning in pain, lying on his right side with his left hand holding onto his back. In the midst of this, his baby girl came walking in. 

 

"Mommy, are you okay?" 

 

Baekhyun looks over his shoulders and sees her crazy bed hair that reminds him so much of her daddy, and her little puppy stuffed animal hanging from her holding onto the ears. He turns to lay on his left side, facing baby girl. 

 

"Yes baby. My back is hurting just a little bit, but I'll be fine. Did you go potty yet?" 

 

Baby girl nods her head. 

 

"Good girl. Are you hungry yet?" 

 

Baby girl shakes her head, "I just want to lay down with you for a little bit. Can I mommy?" 

 

"Of course you can. Come here." Baekhyun moves over to Chanyeol's side to make space for Aeri to lay down next to him. When she gets onto the bed, she curls up into his arms and chest and hugs him tightly. Then, she starts to run her tiny hands up and down his back and Baekhyun lets out a content sigh. 

 

"Do you want me to rub your back for you? Hm?" Aeri asks, and Baekhyun laughs at her offer. 

 

"Do you even know how?" Baekhyun pats her nose with his index finger. 

 

"Of course I do Mommy! I see Daddy do it for you all the time! Turn around Mommy! Turn the other way!" Baby girl says as she sits up. 

 

Baekhyun turns to lay back on his right side and as soon as he does, he starts to feel tiny little fingers from his daughter's gentle hands rubbing and pinching his back. Moments like this makes him feel a little bittersweet because Aeri is still a baby, his little baby, yet she's so mature and knows so much for her age...but he wants her to be a baby forever. 

 

"Alright sweetie, that's enough massage for today. Thank you so much my little masseuse, now my body feels relaxed!" Baekhyun says as he leans over to give her a peck on the lips. 

 

"I'm happy that you're not hurting any more mommy! Every time you feel hurt, tell me and I will do my best to unhurt you with these magic hands!" Baby girl says as she wiggles her ten tiny fingers in the air in front of her mommy. 

 

Baekhyun could help but let out a giggle at the cuteness of his daughter. 

 

"Alright missy, since you've been such a help, here's your allowance for giving mommy a massage." Baekhyun passes her a 1,000 won bill and the excitement in her eyes lights up. 

 

"Yess!! Thank you mommy!" As soon as Baekhyun gives her the bill, she zooms off into her room and he hears her grab her piggy bank. 

 

He overheard her talking to her stuff animal one day that she was waiting to earn enough money to buy her mommy and daddy a present, so he has been trying to help her out with her wishes as much as he can. For every chore that she does or every time helps him, he give her a 1,000 won bill. 

 

It's not so much that he is trying to spoil her, but she knows that the more she helps around the house, the more she will earn. She also knows that the more she earns, the more she can buy. He knows once this baby come, he will be a little less stressed because Aeri will be even more helpful. 

 

----- 

 

"Mommy can we go to daddy's work place and go on a picnic in the garden please?" 

 

"Do you want to surprise him?" 

 

"Yes! Yes! Daddy loves surprises!" Baekhyun laughs and shakes his head. 

 

"Okay, finish your breakfast and then we'll start packing food. Do you want to help me?" 

 

"Yes Mommy!" 

 

----- 

 

Baekhyun loves going grocery shopping, but he's usually the one walking around and Chanyeol is the one pushing the cart with Aeri inside, but today, Baekhyun is doing everything and it's a bit tiring when you have a 3-year old wanting everything. 

 

They leave the store with bread, ham, cheese, chips, juice, watermelon, snacks, snacks, and more snacks. 

 

"You know Daddy won't be happy that we bought so many snacks." Baekhyun says as he loads the grocery bags into the trunk of the car, while Aeri is still sitting in the cart. 

 

"Mommy..." Baekhyun looks up and sees baby girl giving him a look, "Daddy always says not to eat so much snacks but he eats it the most!" Baekhyun bursts out laughing and even has to hold onto the car to balance himself. 

 

"He even says it while he's eating it! It doesn't make any sense Mommy!" This time Aeri has her two hands up with her palms facing up and shrugs her shoulders and Baekhyun just laughs and shakes his head. It's never a dull moment with this girl. "He's like a cookie monster Mommy, but not just for cookies, he's like a food monster!" 

 

----- 

 

Chanyeol walks into his office while looking at the papers in his hand. He didn't even look up to see his husband and daughter sitting on the couch staring at him and smiling. Once he sat down on his chair, he hears little giggles and immediately springs his head up. As soon as he sees who and where the giggles are coming from, the smile on his face lit up the room. 

 

"Honey! Hey! What are my two favorite people doing here?" Chanyeol says as he walks over towards them.

 

"Surprise!" Aeri jumps up and screams with her hands in the air.

 

Both of her parents laughs at her enthusiasm. Chanyeol picks her up by her underarm and once she settles into his arms. He gives her a kiss on the cheeks and then leans down to give Baekhyun a kiss on the lips.

 

"This is a nice surprise. To what do I owe this lovely surprise?" Chanyeol sits down next to Baekhyun and sees the picnic basket. He looks at Aeri and asks her, "Picnic in the garden?"

 

"Yes! Daddy you are tooo smart!" She says while she puts her two palms on each of his cheeks, trying to cup them but her tiny hands could barely fit half of his cheek. "Daddy you look funny." She giggles as she squeezes her two hands inwards and Chanyeol's lips begin to squeeze in like a fish. She giggles even more and louder when she starts doing it faster. She falls into Chanyeol's embrace and laughs until she can't handle it anymore.

 

"She wanted to surprise you and go on a picnic date in the garden so we went grocery shopping, made some sandwiches, cut up some watermelon and stopped by your mom's restaurant to pick up some pasta. Have you eaten yet?"

 

"Not yet, I was just about to ask Byullie to go grab some lunch for me but I'm glad you both are here. I won't be alone for lunch again." Chanyeol pouts.

 

"Oh stop it you big giant baby." Baekhyun smiles.

 

"Daddy, your lips and eyes are really big and you look like a puppy when you do that! Woof woof! Daddy's a puppy! Woof woof puppy!" Aeri barks like a puppy at a surprised, wide-eyed Chanyeol while Baekhyun is trying to contain his laugh by covering his mouth with his hands.

 

"Am I an adorable puppy?" Chanyeol bats his lashes at Aeri.

 

"The cutest! You're my pet puppy now since I found you!" Aeri exclaims.

 

This time, Baekhyun couldn't hold it in anymore and lets out a boisterous laugh. Chanyeol springs his head to the side to see his husband laying with his back on the couch, holding his stomach and laughing loudly. It's a sight to see--a laughing Baekhyun is the most adorable thing ever. He smiles just looking and hearing his husband laughing to his heart's content.

 

 

------

 

 

"Aeri! Stop running around and come eat!" Baekhyun shouts.

 

When Aeri comes by and sits on the picnic towel, she's huffing and puffing and Chanyeol hands her a bottle of juice after he pokes the straw through, "Slow down, or you'll choke."

 

"What do you want to eat first? Sandwich or pasta?"

 

Baby girl eats half of her sandwich, a bowl of pasta and now she's excited for her watermelon. "Mommy can I have the big one please?!"

 

"Yes you can but you'll have to be careful or you'll drop it."

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol are just sitting there eating and chatting when they hear sniffling. They looked over and see that Aeri has her watermelon up to her face and she's crying.

 

"Baby, what's wrong?" Baekhyun asks as he leans over to check her.

 

"I'm going to have a watermelon now." She says between her sobs.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol looks at each other in confusion.

 

"Baby, what are you talking about?" Chanyeol asks as he puts her on his lap and wipes her tears.

 

"I swallowed a seed and now I'm going to have a watermelon grow in my tummy." She cries.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol once again look at each other, but this time with an inside chuckle. Aeri turns to their amusement.

 

"My little Aeri. Nothing will grow inside of your stomach. You won't have a stomach like mommy any time soon," Baekhyun clarifies. 

 

With a jolt of surprise, Aeri suddenly asks, "Are you sure?!" 

 

"Absolutely, positively, sure," Baekhyun and Chanyeol say at the same time.

 

"Okay, but I want you to know that I still want to be like you when I grow up," Aeri says as she gleams into her mommy's eyes. 

 

"Baby, you are going to be even better than me when you get older. Now finish your watermelon." says Baekhyun, who is now so teary-eyed from the pregnancy's overproduction of hormones combined with his daughter's kind words. 

 

Chanyeol sees the tears in Baekhyun's eyes, and they both express the largest smile on their faces.

 

Aeri goes back to eating her watermelon.... and the seeds. 

 

 


 

for my precious precious annabananas ❤️