THE AI #3: A Bun In the Oven

Treasure Box

954 words

Rated G
Fluff, Romance, Domestic!au, Aeri!au

 

THE AERI INSTALLMENT #3: Baekhyun has a surprise announcement for Chanyeol!

 


 

It’s the fourth trip to the bathroom just this morning alone. Baekhyun thinks he might as well just sleep next to the toilet. He thinks it might be what he ate, but he also thinks it might be something else. Following his instincts, he has an idea of what it might be.

 

 

Reaching over to the drawer, he pulls it open and takes two out and follows the directions on the box. After waiting for another two minutes, before he can even read the screen, he’s hit with another wave of nausea and he leans over the toilet again.

 

 

After he wipes his mouth, he holds onto the sink to help himself up but as soon as he gets up, he’s hit wither another wave of dizziness. When he catches his balance, he wobbles his way back into the bedroom where his husband is sound asleep. He looks at the clock on the nightstand and sees that it’s 5:37am, another hour until Chanyeol has to get up.

 

 

He picks up his phone and makes a call. While he’s waiting for the recipient to pick up, he walks outside into the living room so he doesn’t wake his husband up.

 

 

“Baek?”

 

 

“Hey, sorry for calling you so early…”

 

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

 

“Are you free today?”

 

 

“I have to open the bakery but I can leave after I setup, why what’s going on? Are you okay?”

 

 

“I need you to bring me to the hospital.”

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

“Wow B… Congratulations! Man, you guys really waste no time!”

 

 

“Stop Lu… we’ve been trying because he didn’t want me to be lonely when Aeri goes to school.” Baekhyun says with a blush. It still feels weird to him to know that he has a bun in the oven.

 

 

He’s super excited, of course. He knows Chanyeol also wants another baby, but it’s been almost four years since Aeri’s been born, even though it should come naturally, he still feels nervous.

 

 

“How do you plan on telling him?”

 

 

“About that… I’ll need your help.”

 

 

-

 

 

It’s 6:32pm and Baekhyun is nervous wreck because Chanyeol should be coming home anytime soon now. He goes over to the stove again and makes sure their dinner is ready and tastes delicious just as it should.

 

 

The door opens and it makes Baekhyun even more nervous. He waits for his husband to come into the kitchen and give him a kiss. And just as he thought, Chanyeol walks up to him and wraps his hands around Baekhyun’s waist, “Hey babe, it smells delicious.” He says with a kiss to Baekhyun’s cheek.

 

 

Baekhyun turns around and wraps his hands around Chanyeol’s neck, “I hope so, I worked really hard on this. Go shower and grab Aeri on your way back, I’ll set the table.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

While Chanyeol is in the shower, Baekhyun looks at the table for any final missing details and when he sees that everything is as it should be, “Perfect.”

 

 

He hears Aeri’s obnoxious laugh getting louder with Chanyeol blowing raspberries somewhere on her body and he can’t help but smile. He can’t wait to tell Chanyeol the good news.

 

 

Chanyeol puts Aeri down in her seat and as soon as she sees her plate she lets out a loud gasp, “Mommy! Mommy! It’s baby corn! And baby carrots! And baby cucumber! And baby broccoli! And baby tomatoes! All of my favorite! Mommy! I am going to be a good girl and eat all of my soup!” She exclaims and before Baekhyun or Chanyeol can even say anything, baby girl starts feeding herself.

 

 

She really is mature for her age. She feeds herself, brings herself to go potty, cleans up without being told to, and always wanting to help fold the laundry. Baekhyun feels like such a lucky person because he knows with Aeri around, she will definitely make things easier in the coming months.

 

 

Chanyeol sits down at his chair and he looks at his plate. “Baby back ribs! Babe! I haven’t had this in a while! You’re the best!” He says as he leans over and gives Baekhyun a peck on the lips.

 

 

Baekhyun waits for Chanyeol’s reaction but of course, he should have known. His husband is as clueless as a blind man. He tries not to make it obvious and continues to talk as usual.

 

 

After dinner, he pulls the cake out from the fridge and cuts the cake while Chanyeol and Aeri play a game with each other. When he’s done with the cake on each of their plate, he brings it to the table, a small baby slice for Aeri, and a bigger slice for both Chanyeol and himself.

 

 

When Chanyeol sees the cake, he couldn’t help himself “It looks delicious! Did Luhan make this?”

 

 

“Yes, he did.”

 

 

Chanyeol digs in immediately because he loves everything Luhan bakes. When he sees the color of the cake, “Pink and blue?”

 

 

Baekhyun smiles and nods at his husband.

 

 

“Mommy Auntie Luhan makes the best cake!”

 

 

“He does, doesn’t he?”

 

 

Baekhyun turns to his husband, who’s sitting there with his fork and a piece of cake midair, and eyes wide open.

 

 

“Baby carrot, baby corn, baby back ribs…” Chanyeol whispers as he’s still in a daze, while staring at Baekhyun.

 

 

Baekhyun just sits there and continues to eat his piece of cake with a smile. His husband is slowly figuring it out.

 

 

5...

 

 

“Baby carrot…”

 

 

4…

 

 

“Baby corn…”

 

 

3…

 

 

“Baby back ribs…”

 

2…

 

 

“Baby… “

 

 

1…

 

 

OH MY GOD BAEK!”

 

 

Chanyeol gets up and encloses Baekhyun with his arms, “Baek! Is this true? Is it what I think it is?”

 

 

Baekhyun wraps his arms around Chanyeol's neck and smiles up at his husband, “Yes, we have a bun in the oven.”

 

 


 

i can't stop writing chanbaek & babiessssss t_t someone help meeee

i keep writing but maybe it's to get me prepared for BAE =D
yesssss I'm joiningggg... my very first.. and i'm very very new to writing so hopefully it'll turn out.. at least ok LOL