The Lost Victim

119
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4:

THE LOST VICTIM

 

             “Hey” Kyuhyun greeted after opening the door of his apartment. Ryeowook took steps in after being invited to come inside.

             “Hey” The same words on the same tone was spoken back to the other. He headed to the sofa on the small living room while the younger went to the kitchen to grab something for Ryeowook to drink.

             Kyuhyun’s apartment was big enough for him. He lives alone near his workplace just for convenience on coming there on time. It had simple cream colored walls and white tiled floor. The sofa was near on the window with closed binds with a small table at the center of the living room. The kitchen was only a few steps away just like his room. Kyuhyun’s apartment was almost like three normal rooms combined; the kitchen, living room, and his bedroom (the bathroom is inside the bedroom). It falls on the category of being one of the minimalist house. He only had things he needed most, no luxury items or anything. Not even a T.V. So he couldn’t offer Ryeowook that much. That’s why Kyuhyun prefer to go to Ryeowook’s house instead but the older, despite of having a larger home, he is fond of the atmosphere of this apartment. It was warm and welcoming, adding up Kyuhyun’s distinct scent covering the apartment, he felt at home as well.

             Ryeowook had this different attraction to the younger. Maybe it was because they’ve been through hell already in the past. Ryeowook feels this massive urge to protect the younger, to love him and be there for him at all cost. He is what he has left and that goes on the other as well.

             “I’ve heard from Kangin hyung about what happened yesterday. About the cook who died.” Ryeowook broke the silence between them. “Are you okay? You’re not hurt, are you?”

             “I’m super.” Kyuhyun assured followed by a weak laughter. Kyuhyun came back from duty not long after Ryeowook arrived. He was still in his uniform. He was too lazy to change after the long, energy-draining day but it wasn’t comfortable to wear to sleep either. “I’ll go change.” He informed the other, receiving a nod.

             Kyuhyun came back to his living room on his sweats as he held his shirt on his hands, ready to put it on. Gentle fingers landed on his warm skin, caressing the right rib area just under his chest. Kyuhyun put down the shirt, dressing up can wait. He stood still as Ryeowook’s fingers traced a specific area on his torso.

             “Are you sure you feel fine?” With a worried voice, Ryeowook asked to confirm the younger’s condition once more. He earned a faint wince from Kyuhyun when he lost care on his fingers and pressed a little harder on the found bruise under his chest.

             “Hey, no worries. It’s just a bruise.” The younger smiled and finally put on his shirt.

             “What is this?” Ryeowook took the filled, white folder above the table.

             “Ah. . . That’s about the Lucky Kim’s cook. Heechul hyung sent a copy to us.”

             “No other prints were found on the knife aside from the vict

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter