Hearing The Voice

119
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 3:

HEARING THE VOICE

 

 

                    Ryeowook let his bag fall to his table with a gentle thud. He dislikes carrying heavy stuff. All he kept in his backpack are his keys, umbrella, his phone, and a jacket in case he gets cold in the office. He flopped on his seat, already exhausted when he hasn’t even started working yet. It has been days since he got that call. It has been bothering him so much and Ryeowook completely knows why.

                    Kyuhyun came to see him at work the next day after Ryeowook got that mystery caller, making sure he’s alright and still on track to work. Sometimes he would drop by in the office to ask Ryeowook for lunch but it didn’t go consistently due to their different jobs and schedule. It wasn’t really something new for them being childhood friends. They used to be with each other 24/7 but after Ryeowook followed Leeteuk to where they are now, they were able to build up their own lives, occupy a space on their own.

                    Today was one of the days Kyuhyun and Ryeowook didn’t go out and eat lunch together so he decided not to go at all. He doesn’t have much friends at work since he isn’t that friendly. There were times his hyung Leeteuk would join him but not all the time. It is only Eunhyuk and Yesung he is friends with in his office. He would prefer to hang out with the police officers Kangin, Sungmin, Shindong and mostly Kyuhyun than his other co-workers at the office. He likes the company of the investigation team Heechul, Siwon and Donghae as well. They eat all together, 119 guys, the policemen and the investigation team when their schedules fit the most.

                    “Why can’t people understand that our job is no joke?” whispered Ryeowook who was just put into a bad mood by another prank caller. He cursed in his head why did he join these people working while lunch when he can have a break from these awful calls.

                    “Calm down now,” Eunhyuk, who is just a table beside him, said with a faint laugh. “Those are just probably stupid teenagers who think they are being funny.”

                    “Well they are not.” He snorted before picking up another call. “119, what’s your emergency?” Emphasizing the word emergency for he thinks this is again a prank call.

                    Eunhyuk saw Ryeowook gulped when his facial expression changed. Though the younger knows how to put on a poker face, he had been working beside him for whole three years to figure out his dongsaeng. He stared intently to the other as Ryeowook kept on being wordless.

                    Ryeowook’s eyes kept staring at the white table where his computer keyboard lies. He started pressing the keys, typing a house address for Eunhyuk to see before looking at his hyung in the eye. That is when Eunhyuk knew it was that caller once again.

                    Eunhyuk took the pleasure on sending people to the address Ryeowook had given.

                    “Calm down, calm down. Okay?” Ryeowook took a deep breath as he tried to calm the weeping man on the other line. He kept a perfect composure and his mind is much more collected than before. “I know. . . I understand . . .” His fingernails started tapping on the table, glancing to Eunhyuk from the corner of his eyes from time to time.

                    “It’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter