That Man

119
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 2:

That Man

 

            Ryeowook came back to his senses to his usual after the voice of the caller, but it was still echoing deep in his ears. He will never forget it. How can he? The deep, sobbing voice had him since the call. Of course he was still in a shock. It was first time in three years he had experienced that. Besides from prank calls or some old man who couldn’t find his car keys calling 119, there were only people asking for rescues from a storm, fire, calling for ambulance or so. It wasn’t this serious of a killer letting them know what he had done and giving clues on where the victim is. For his case maybe, compared to his seniors like Leeteuk, Yesung, and Eunhyuk, who were in this field for longer than he is, he just never got any calls as serious as this.

            “Kyuhyun?” He spoke the name when the man picked up his phone. Cho Kyuhyun, only a year younger than Ryeowook, joined the Police Department when Ryeowook decided to follow Leeteuk to work in his current field. Kyuhyun had been with him for more than ten years since childhood and his voice is what calms him down when he feels this tension from work. Despite of his attitude of keeping distance and minding his own business a little too much, Ryeowook has a soft spot for this man. And after what he heard at the phone earlier, he wanted to hear the version of the calm, soothing, and assuring voice he wants to listen to. And it belongs to the man he knows so well. Kyuhyun.

            “Ryeonggu,” The man on the other line said his name like it was just a usual day. His voice was deep and a bit husky as if he is also laying down on the bed like Ryeowook after the day of work. Despite of that, it sounded cheerful and a hint of being relieved for some reason. “What’s up?”

            “Hmm . . . I don’t really know.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter