complete.

r e t r o s p e c t : a collection


 “ You make my life complete”

    -Complete (SNSD)

(A tribute to my best friend, even though she might not see this)

 

A life without Taeyeon is indescribable for Tiffany. Even though the latter is quite a shy and distant person, she finds her presence comforting. Their personalities might differ at some aspects, but they relate to one another very well. They didn’t need to voice out what they want to say because one look in the eyes and they’d know what they are both thinking.

 

Since Taeyeon is much older than Tiffany, she appears to be a mature person. Some people might think that she is a cold person but once you really get to know her, she’s very bubbly and childish nature. She would sometimes be the mastermind of their pranks and at the same time, she can be the big sister Tiffany has always wished for.

 

“Hey Tiffany. The pig isn’t here yet.” Taeyeon says as she eats the popcorn that Tiffany brought for her. Today, they planned a series marathon at Taeyeon’s house, knowing that they wouldn’t be able to get the house fairy out of her cave.

 

“You know how slow Sunny can be at times.” Tiffany responds. “And oh, Sooyoung told me that she’s on her way.”

 

Taeyeon nods and they continue watching “Stalker”. She really enjoys American TV shows and always downloads what suites her taste. During their vacation, it really is hard to make Taeyeon go with them to the mall because she prefers to be at home, and has a very weak set of lungs making them call her “the human paper”.

 

On the other hand, Tiffany is a very loud and friendly person. People find her existence incredibly warm, and she gets along with others well. There is never a day that she can be seen lonely because her smile is as bright as the sun. She might look like an open book to others, but only a few persons know that the extremely cheerful Tiffany is actually a sensitive person and can be really prone to sadness when she’s alone.

 

“Hey Taeyeon! I met Yuri’s new set of friends and they’re so awesome!” Tiffany beams as she continues to tell her escapade with Yuri and her new university buddies. “The girl named Vivian is very beautiful! Though she can be very egoistic at times.”

 

Taeyeon chuckles. Tiffany is a very keen observer and notices even the smallest of flaws, though she never says it out loud to avoid misunderstandings. It is not hard to be a friend of her, but it definitely is difficult to make her talk about her feelings.

There was a time when Taeyeon was broken hearted after her first love, Leeteuk, broke up with her. Tiffany was so angry at that time that their classmates had to prevent her from coming to Leeteuk’s classroom because they were in the middle of their Values class.

 

“That ing jerk!” She mutters. “I swear, I’m so going to ing kill him! I freaking told that to take care of my best friend’s heart but look at her now!” Being the overly-emotional Tiffany, she tears up at the sight of her best girl friend weeping. It is only rare to see Taeyeon break down in public, and Tiffany knows very well that she is awfully hurt.

 

“Alright, you need to pass your text book with all the mentioned exercises finished before the hour ends.” Tiffany hears their teacher say, and sighs. It seems like her best friend will not stop crying so she takes Taeyeon’s text book, and starts answering the exercises.

 

“Hey, let me do it.” She hears Taeyeon’s voice beside her, but she chooses to ignore the girl because she’s too busy trying to finish the work. “Tiffany, I’m going to do it.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

“I’m fine.”

 

“You obviously are not, .” Tiffany looks up, only to see Taeyeon grinning widely with tears still b on the corner of her eyes. “Cry all you want now, because I won’t be letting you spill your tears for him once again.”

 

Taeyeon nods and buries her head in between her arms which are on top of her desk. Without Tiffany, she would have been a great disaster right now. But thanks to her non-blood-related sister, she is feeling quite well because she knows she is not alone.

 

“Thank you, hoe.”

True friends sometimes aren’t the one whom you’ve met for a very long time. Tiffany and Taeyeon only got along well during their third year in high school and until now, they are inseparable. They are currently taking up different degree programs at the same university. The duo isn’t always together now, but they still make time for each other.

 

“, my high blood pressure’s going up because of my stupid blockmates!” Tiffany blurts out as she continues to stuff with food. “I swear, I’d rather have our classmates way back in high school than these ones!”

 

Taeyeon rolls her eyes. “I know right! They’re just so self-centered and irresponsible!”

 

They look at each other and start laughing. They do not only act the same, but they also think the same. Well, it wouldn’t be fun to judge others alone right? (That’s what friends are for!)

 

A/N:

Here’s a short story featuring TaeNy! To be honest, this is my first time to write about the pair (and I’m sorry it’s not Yuri, I don’t really pair girl x girl) because truthfully, I didn’t like them both (because some fans are, you know) at first. But seeing Channel SNSD made me look at their friendship in a whole new different light. I must admit that I judged them for being too showy and fake (IMREALLYSORRY) because some fans tend to overreact at times. The way Taeyeon talks about Tiffany is like how I would really talk about my best friend too. They are really close and they understand each other’s feelings very well, and they take care of each other. I hope you like this one even though it is a bit rushed!