3 ; cómo estás?

r e t r o s p e c t : a collection

 

it was so hard and we were so young
after all this time, i want to open the door
and fix the broken time


The cafe was busy, and a certain woman sat on favorite spot as she drank her favorite iced latte. Yoona opened the notebook she has kept closed for years. She smiled as she read the first page, containing her name and some silly doodles she used to draw way back in high school. She remembered how she loved writing, before she even became a flight attendant. 

 

She then went on to read the next page, and smiled as she recalled the events that took on the specific dates written on her diary.

 

06/24: are you the one?
06/24: don't go
06/24: oppa

 

She laughed silently, when she remembered the day he asked her why it is so hard for girls to call some older boys oppa. She tried her best to call him oppa, but it sounded so awkward that they both told each other it'll never work out for them.

 

07/07: this could be the start of something new...

 

She recalled the time when they both sat beside each other during their English class, and how they sang along to HSM's most popular song as their teacher discuss their lesson in front. They both didn't care how their voices were somehow out of tune, and smiled to one another as they find this small thing kind of funny.

 

07/14: you're my x-o-x-o l-o-v-e

 

She smiled as she remembered that one time when they both ride the bus, and he decided to share the earphones with her. EXO-K's XOXO then played, and they both jammed to the song as they giggle silently when they got the lyrics wrong. That was also the time when Yoona noticed that her heart's beating unusually fast whenever she's with him, but she decided to shrug it off. She thought maybe she was just scared that she'd get scolde by her parents because she went home kind of late.

 

09/04: can i be your partner for life?
09/04: eleven


It was then when Yoona's best friend, Tiffany, had a crush on him. They'd often that she isn't fit for him because she's a pig. Their classmates told Tiffany that Yoona and him look way much better, because they're both thin (he decided that they'd be number "eleven" because they're so slim). Tiffany didn't mind, but Yoona told her that she sees him not more than a friend (or so she thought).

09/11: back hug...

 

Her heart skipped a beat just by reminiscing that scene. Yoona was chatting with one of her classmates, when suddenly a pair of arms made their way to her hips, and she felt someone hug her. Her classmate teased them, but Yoona tried to deny with all her might. He then playfully lifted her up, while still back-hugging her. At that time, Yoona knew that something weird is happening to her (but then again, she tried to ignore it because she thought it would go away soon).

 

10/21: "lucky charm"

 

She remembered when she gave him a bracelet as a souvenir from the place she went to during her competition. They both reunited, as for the last month, Yoona was away, preparing for her contest. When she came back, it was his turn to rehearse for their thesis defense. He then told Yoona that the bracelet she gave him wouldn't want to be worn by him, since he thought that it's too precious to be even seen by others. He thought of it as his lucky charm (Yoona wondered if he still keeps it until now, and considers it as a charm).

 

11/03: new seating arrangement

 

It was the third quarter of their school year, when they decided to shuffle seats once again. This time, the teacher decided to go for a draw. Yoona was anxious, since all the seats are almost taken but she's still not called. When his name was called, she was quite worried that she won't be next to him anymore because the next seat after him is the last for the row. Fortunately, her name was then called, and it was her who took the place beside him. Their classmates , especially since they knew that Tiffany liked him. Yoona told them it would be impossible for her to like him too (she's still laughing at her old self not believing she'd fall for his charms).

 

11/06: i fell hard on the floor (for you)

 

She felt embarrassed, recalling this scene. It was then when they were both paired up for a poem recital to be presented in class. When they finished reciting and explaining, Yoona immediately walked towards her seat since she's not comfortable when she's in front. She didn't know that he wanted to give her a high five, so he decided to follow her and poke her sides. She was startled, immediately falling on the floor. They both erupted in laughter, as their teacher went near them and say, "just like what your poem stated: whenever you fall, someone is there to catch you". (He caught her and helped her up, maybe that's why their teacher felt the need to tease them too).

 

02/11: "to whom were you not even mad during those times?" "you"

 

She remembered their conversation. They were reminiscing the time when he was at the rebellious stage. He was so mad at his parents, and even his friends that he found himself getting closer to her. When she asked him to whom was he not mad during that time, he answered that she was the only exception and that was when Yoona knew that she's damned. She's really in love with him.

 

02/21: i was just joking when i told you to bring food!

 

It was when there was an school activity held outside the campus, and as usual, he was late. The program ended, and Yoona texted him that he needs to go there so they could proceed to making their project. He told her that he's currently in a fastfood chain, and he's on the way. Yoona joked around and told him that she's hungry and that he needed to bring something for her. Turns out that when he came, he had two chicken sandwiches: one for him, and one for her.

 

02/24: foreheads touch, my heart beats fast

 

Even though they were separated due to the change of seats for the last quarter of the school year, he still finds ways to sit beside her. Yoona was talking to her friend when the final bell rang, and she stood up, only to find him standing behind her. He moved his face near hers, as their foreheads touch. She asked him what's the problem, but he just grinned and told her that she looked ugly upclose.

 

 

i'm curious what kind of thoughts you have
and how you're living
do you lean on the memories sometimes
and dream of those dazzling days?

Yoona wondered on how he is now. She stopped looking for updates about him (she muted him on her social media accounts, and even deleted his number) because she thought that it would be the best way to get over someone. She finally moved on, but something is still missing. For once, she wanted to know how he is doing, how he was during college, and if he ever did find someone to love finally.

 

They weren't together, so a certain closure wasn't needed. She knows that she can't be friends with him anymore because it's hard to look at a person's eyes once you knew that you were in love with him for quite some time. But really, she just wanted to tell him that she once loved him. That the small things he did for her were memories to her now, and that she knew that he'd be a greater person than he was back then.

 

 i wanna see you, just as you are right now
i wanna hear you, your unfiltered voice
even if there are long-time, mixed up misunderstandings
there is something i want to feel once more
on a clear afternoon like this 

How are you, Oh Sehun?