He Said

Alone Together

A/N: Special chapter from Kyungsoo's point of view!


I need to leave immediately after throwing myself at Riyoung noona like that. My face is burning with embarrassment, and I can only hope that she couldn't feel my heart pounding against my rib cage as we held each other close. My back still feels warm where her arms embraced me, and the feeling of being so close to her is engrained in my memory. It hasn't even been two minutes since I left her front door when my phone vibrates, notifying me that I have received a message. It's probably Jongin asking if I am going to be home soon.

Much to my surprise, the message is from Riyoung:

Anti-Social: Thank you for tonight--I really needed it! ^_^

A wide grin takes over my face before I can stop it. 'She texted me right away, that means she already misses me, right?' I think to myself. I quickly text her back:

DKS: Me too. I'd do it again any day. Sleep tight!

I sit in my car for a couple minutes, fingers hovering over the keyboard, debating what I should change her name to in my contacts list. I feel like we are at the point where 'Anti-Social', while reminiscent of how we met, isn't quite an accurate reflection of our relationship right now. 'Ha! Relationship. Slow down buddy, you are not even officially dating yet! You are still getting to know each other. Lets not jump the gun.' I mentally scold myself. After much deliberation, I change her name to 'Sleepy Girl.'

The drive home is short, but I still receive another text on the way. Pulling out my phone as soon as I park in the garage, I am definitely expecting it to be my roommate this time, seeing as how it is after midnight. We have a roommate agreement that for safety reasons, if one of us isn't home by midnight without prior communication, we will call or text to make sure the other is alive. Sure enough, the text is from Jongin:

Nini: You went to take Riyoung noona home, right, hyung?

Nini: Come home sooooon!

Nini: I won't be able to sleep without hearing all about your date with sister-in-law!!! ;-)

I roll my eyes at the kid's aegyo and reply:

DKS: Just parked, OMW upstairs.

I hesitate for a second before sending a second message:

DKS: Nosy brat :-p

The second I unlock the door, Jongin is by my side like a puppy waiting for his owner to return home after a long day of work. "Hyungggggg," he whines, grasping my arm and ushering me to sit on the couch, "you don't really think I am a nosy brat, do you?! I just really REALLY care about you and your relationship with Riyoung noona. I just want you to be happy, and it seems like she makes you happy! She does, right??"

Dang it, I can feel the heat creeping across my cheeks when he mentions her name. This is getting out of control; I can't keep reacting like a teenage boy whenever I think about her. "Y-Yeah, I've been happier lately, I think."

"And it's because of noona," Jongin states matter-of-factly.

Brat isn't going to stop until I say it out loud, is he? "Are you seriously going to make me say it?" I ask.

He grins broadly, explaining, "Hyung, I am doing this for you. The sooner you think about your feelings from this perspective, the sooner you can figure out whether this relationship is something you really want to pursue or not. There is no sense going after something that you don't think is improving your life."

Sighing loudly in resignation I admit, "I have been a lot happier lately and it's probably because of Riyoung." Jongin nods solemnly. "When did you become such a relationship expert anyway?" I nudge him.

"I'll have you know, hyung, that Steph and I are in a really good place and--" he starts to say, but I cut him off. "Oh, please! You have not been dating Steph THAT much longer than I've known Riyoung."

Jongin shakes his head in disagreement. "It's not about length of time, hyung, it's about how well we know each other and the pace at which our relationship has moved. If you look at it that way, Steph and I are light years ahead of you and Riyoung noona." He is quick to clarify when he sees a scowl forming on my face, "But it's ok! I know Riyoung noona works a lot so you don't have all of the same opportunities to get to spend time together and stuff. And you and Riyoung noona are more cautious and thoughtful about stuff anyway, so the pace at which you are building the foundation of your relationship is perfect for you guys. Really."

I space out for a few seconds mulling over Jongin's words. Yeah, it has been a couple months since we started hanging out and we just now had our first official date, but I honestly can't think of anything I would change about how we have progressed so far. Well, besides the fact that I hardly get to see her, but we can work on that.

I am brought back to the real world when Jongin waves his hand in front of my face, saying, "Hyung. Hyung! You spaced out thinking about noona again, didn't you?" I try to deny it, but the signs are too obvious to ignore. "So tell me about what you guys did tonight for your first date!"

I launch into a detailed retelling of our date night, with Jongin chiming in with comments such as "Aw, so domestic", "You are a better cook than her?!", and "She fell asleep? You must've been a really boring date." That last comment earns him a hard punch on the arm.

"For real though, she fell asleep snuggling against your arm and you didn't even TRY to sneak in a kiss on the forehead or something?" Jongin asks incredulously.

My eyes widen at the suggestion. "What?! No! What is this, a k-drama? What if she woke up as I was doing it and thought I was a total creep? I am not going to take that chance, no sir."

Jongin shrugs and replies, "Sounds like a missed opportunity to me, but you know, whatever. I don't think she would've complained, she obviously likes you."

I continue with the story and my roommate interrupts me again when I get to the part about Riyoung texting me goodnight. By squealing. Kim Jongin is squealing like a high school girl. "Hyung!!! She likes you! She likes you so much she already misses you after you have been gone for only two minutes!"

I blush (again, dang it) and scratch the back of my neck. "Is that what that means?" I ask him, as if that wasn't exactly what I was thinking when I received the text in the first place.

"You are going to go out on another date with her, right?" he asks excitedly, "like a date out in the real world, where you can show everyone you are hers and she is yours?"

I groan loudly at the suggestion. "Nini, honestly, I think your puppy love is getting to your head. You are so sappy now, it's gross." I slide away from him on the couch to emphasize my point.

"It's not puppy love, Soo hyung, it's real! And pretty soon you will be just like me. Then you will understand," he says dreamily. I seriously want to gag. "But really, you two only ever hang out here. There is a whole world of things out there that you can do together. So what's next?"

I ponder his question for a minute before replying, "It doesn't matter, as long as it's with her."